News:

UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

The 2019 College Football Season Thread

Started by TheNorm, July 21, 2019, 10:57:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheNorm

Fun fact: Eastern Michigan over the last three seasons has as many wins over Big Ten teams (3) as Rutgers. Might not be such a big deal until you remember that Rutgers is in the Big Ten and plays conference teams 8-9 times a year.

Eastern Michigan has also done something neither Rutgers or Maryland have done since they joined the conference in 2014: win three games in a row over a Big Ten team.

And last but certainly not least, let's have a round of applause for crotchety little bitchtart Michigan State football coach Mark Dantonio, who got upset (once again) by Herm Edwards and the Arizona State Sun Devils (this time in East Lansing - bonus). The Sun Devils took a 10-7 lead late, but the Spartans still had a chance to tie to send it to OT. The first try was actually successful but called back after they had 12 men on the field (HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA), which led to this ending.

https://twitter.com/abdulamemon/status/1173017880742498304

Again: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

https://twitter.com/sbell021/status/1173014378184155136
https://twitter.com/sbell021/status/1173017886664941568
https://twitter.com/AceAnbender/status/1173223728752316422
https://twitter.com/gregory_brand/status/1173226865361731587

Happy f'ing Sunday!

"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

TheNorm

"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

TheNorm

Reason #8675309 why college football is greater than the pros...Tulane and Houston played one helluva game earlier tonight. Houston was up big early, but Tulane came back in the second half and even took the lead before the Cougars tied it up with 21 seconds left.

Destined for OT?

Not exactly.

https://twitter.com/SInow/status/1174888075274727424

...then
https://twitter.com/SInow/status/1174888501743104000

Crewe

TheNorm

TheNorm

I've got nothing. All I know is if Harbaugh's not the answer I honestly have no idea who is.

rollntider

Quote from: TheNorm on September 21, 2019, 08:01:26 PM
I've got nothing. All I know is if Harbaugh's not the answer I honestly have no idea who is.

Go after Jimbo Fisher.

TheNorm

Seeing that clown upset brings me great joy. 🤣🤣🤣

Also, this may be my favorite tackle from yesterday lol

https://twitter.com/stadium/status/1178051058033139714

TheNorm

Crewe

Texas couldn't tackle an 8 year old in the open field.

TheNorm

TheNorm

rollntider

Looks like the sec is now the big 12 lol.

My top 5
LSU
OHIO State
Bama
OU
Clemson

TheNorm

Kansas and Texas Tech with one of the wilder finishes to a football game you'll see.

https://twitter.com/itsantwright/status/1188299722391461888