News:

UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

New Switch owner here

Started by rollntider, May 21, 2019, 11:31:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rollntider

just bought one. big fan of zelda and mario kart so purchased a switch and mario kart. I am not disappointed at all.   :switch:

TheNorm

You'll have to keep us posted on how that is, been contemplating picking one of those up.
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

rollntider

I have starlink and Mario kart. Star link has fox mccloud. It's a toy to life game but you can play digitally also. I like it that way. It's on clearance most places for like 20 bucks and alot of the reviews say it's a spiritual successor to star fox and I agree.

You can play as fox mccloud and the switch version is different than the  :xbox1: and  :pslogo: versions and has more content. So far loving it.

rollntider

Also marvel ultimate alliance 3 is a switch exclusive. That and zelda are on my list for must buys lol

rollntider

still liking it, had to get a JRPG. I got battle chasers, it reminds me of the old final fantasy (Like 1 and 2) and its a great game. Its on the ps4/xbox also. I recommend it if you like those games. I heard they are remaking Zelda links awakening for the switch with updated graphics so thats on my list. If they do a link to the past, and its rumored to be bundled with it, then it would justify me getting the switch. That and crash team racing and I dont need anything else lol.

rollntider

still liking it. I do miss trophies/achievements.

Mainly using it for games I cant get on another console i.e Nintendo games lol

BojackHorsefella

I've got kiddo staying at my place until July 28th, so I'll have a Switch for at least that long.

I want to get one, but I"m waiting to see what the 2 new ones are like, and what the prices are, when they drop later this year (I'm ASSUMING either around Black Friday or Christmas, we'll see). Mostly I just want the indie games they have (like Hollow Night, Into the Breach, Bad North) so I can play them on a mobile device. I don't even really particular care about Breath of the Wild, I'm not sure I feel like investing that much time into a game again so soon (looking at you, RDR2), although I'd probably grab Odyssey.

And, you know, I think you're contractually required to buy Smash and Mario Kart if you own a Nintendo console, so I suppose I'd get those too.

BojackHorsefella

Officially addicted to Tetris 99.

rollntider

I am not into smash, but mario kart is worth it. Zelda links awakening is coming out as a remake. If they do
a  link to the past then I am a happy camper. Plus marvel ultimate alliance is exclusive ...not sure how long. Still loving the switch.

BojackHorsefella

So, I impulse bought a Switch Lite last Thursday. It arrives Friday. I thought about the dock, but I actually don't care about the AAA games as much as I do the indies from the Nintendo store (although I may buy Odyssey. Breath of the Wild never interested me so much though).

Excited to get it. A LITTLE disappointed in myself I didn't get the dock because I forgot only Switch has local co-op for Stardew Valley, but, it's one game. I'll have my portable indie gaming device like I wanted.

TheNorm

Congrats, still haven't been able to find one of those. Someday lol
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

BojackHorsefella

Quote from: TheNorm on August 11, 2020, 11:18:26 PM
Congrats, still haven't been able to find one of those. Someday lol

Oddly GameStop's website had the grey in stock

TheNorm

Lol go figure...I'm trying to hold out for the Switch but we'll see.

TheNorm

Because I absolutely needed more distractions, I was finally able to snag one of these today. I don't have any games for it yet, but looks like Zelda and Mario Kart will be added soon. As well as Animal Crossing (why, I don't know).

BojackHorsefella

Quote from: TheNorm on January 11, 2021, 08:43:42 PM
Because I absolutely needed more distractions, I was finally able to snag one of these today. I don't have any games for it yet, but looks like Zelda and Mario Kart will be added soon. As well as Animal Crossing (why, I don't know).

The best recommendation I can give you right now is Hades. Was a GOTY nominee (would've been my choice), and is extremely fun and hard to put down. You won't regret it.

There's plenty of other great, established indie games that are Steam mainstays that I love having on the Switch, to go. Dead Cells, Enter the Gungeon, and of course the Untitled Goose Game, plenty more.