UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

30 Days of Video Games Thread

Started by BojackHorsefella, April 17, 2018, 12:00:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BojackHorsefella

Quote from: TheNorm on May 15, 2018, 10:51:18 PM
Day 29 - A Game You Intended to Buy, But Didn't

Only one that really sticks out in my mind is L.A. Noire. Had planned to buy it for PS3 but never got around to it...then thought about purchasing it when the remastered edition for PS4 came out.

Still hasn't happened.

Same.

An ex of mine had it. It was...not great.

TheNorm

I've heard that...I've kind of used my excuse of a games backlog to keep holding off on buying it lol. Someday though (probably not).
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

Crewe

lol I was on the fence about that one too, still am I guess. I just remember hearing about the graphics regarding the facial reactions and how advanced it was, but the gameplay left a lot to be desired.

BojackHorsefella

Day 30

WE MADE IT! I know this one got off to a rocky start with the best/worst template I couldn't seem to escape, but I think we finished strong here. As usual, feel free to just talk about whatever videogame(s) you want to here.

I didn't really get a chance to bring it up before, but allow me to use this time to praise Overcooked.

I saw, I think, one of the screenwriters I follow on Twitter raving about this game during the PSN holiday sale and after looking at it I trusted enough that it would be fun and is it ever!

This game definitely is more of a multiplayer game (Tider, you and the whole family would absolutely love it, I feel confident in saying) although it can be played single player as well (although that would be so much more difficult). At it's most basic, it's a game where you're a chef and you're cooking food to order. But it's so much more than that.

The thing I like most about it for me, is my girlfriend and I play it often, and to be truly efficient with your cooking and time management your communication has to be SPOT ON (well, if you want to get 3 stars on a level, anyway). We'd actually taken a break for a bit for one reason or another (*cough* MLB 18 *cough*) but yesterday we picked it back up and after about an hour or maybe hour and a half had completed two more levels at 3 stars (we'll usually move on with just 2 stars, but one time we were only 4 points from 3 stars and another time we were about 12 points and 3 seconds away from 3 stars, so we kept playing the same two levels). It's highly addicting.

Seriously, it's a great party game if you have 4 controllers, if you have 2 it's still a great team game and like I said, even for one person I can still see this as being highly addicting and competitive. Do yourself a favor, the next PSN digital sale, take a look to see if this (and it's seasonal add-ons) is one of the games on sale, and then buy it. You won't regret it.

TheNorm

Day 30

Whatever videogame I want? Okay...I'm going to go with my utter disappointment that NCAA Football 14 is the last college football game we've had and that we haven't had a college sports game for this gen of consoles. We probably won't get one either. I have no problem with Ed O'Bannon, the NCAA is a joke and I'm sorry but these institutions make billions off of them. But that's a debate for a different thread and another day (besides, it's been done). Back to the game itself...

Really feel this game was making strides and as much as we slap EA around they did give us a decent amount of customization for this. The game played a pretty damn good game of football too. Still wish they would've left a bunch of the online stuff up and running (all those teambuilder squads, the chance to mess around with new uniform sets, etc.). But this game/series captured that college atmosphere that just can't be replicated in any pro game.

Funny thing is for all my talk and love about this game, I still haven't finished a single season in dynasty mode yet.  :o Schedule was really busy between work/school/extracurricular stuff that time was limited...so every once in awhile I try to start a new season up; so far I've got the 2015, 2016, and 2017 dynasties up to whatever the first game of the season is for Michigan and I haven't gotten into a single game. I should fix that at some point. :D
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr