News:

UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

Red Dead Redemption 2

Started by Crewe, October 01, 2018, 02:48:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crewe

so the share works for taking screenshots but Im interested in pulling photos from the camera taken in game. Apparently you can only do that via social club which means, Im not getting those pics.

Two things Ive come to terms with in this game. one is; I will never be able to complete the sharpshooter task two which is killing three guys with knives in ten seconds. Ive been at that since chapter 4 of my first run through and Im now in chapter 6 of my second run through.
Two is, not only will I not kill a chipmunk, I think if I live to be 124 years old, Ill never even SEE one in this freaking game.

TheNorm

Is it possible to create a brand new account for it?
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

Crewe

Quote from: TheNorm on June 12, 2020, 12:59:14 PM
Is it possible to create a brand new account for it?

yea but its jus a pain in the butt. It would be nice if it would just save to the hard drive so I can drag it on a USB. But to go through all the cloak and dagger to pull it off is annoying

TheNorm

Did you link yours to your Playstation login?
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

Crewe

yea I think I saw that it was

Crewe

So, Im in Chapter 6, only a few missions in right now.
I did the Edith Downes jobs where I did the good deed and the one for the Army deserter and before that, I was almost to the red in the morale meter and after that, oh and interactions with the Sister in Saint Denis, my honor shot up tp almost all white.
I haven't done and dont plan to do any main missions for a while as Ive been engaged with these challenges and side missions so here's my question.
having finished the game once as a good Arthur, is it worth it to be a bad Arthur?
Without spoiling anything, I assume the ending doesn't change at all, just whether or not Arthur reeves his redemption or not.
Is the gameplay any different? Not gameplay, but story I should say.
Reason I ask is, after I was diagnosed with TB, I really just went all Doc Holliday on everything except those couple of missions.
Should I continue down an evil path?
Does it matter much? I cant imagine it affects the Marston epilogue at all but I dont know.

BojackHorsefella

There are at least 4 endings: honorable, save John. Honorable, go for the money. And then dishonorable versions of those two.

So, if you saved John last time, going to Blackwater instead will be a totally new experience. If you were honorable last time, Arthur's conclusion will be different if you're dishonorable this time.

Crewe

save John? As part of the story?
I dont remember an option to go for the money. Was that pat of the getaway with John and Arthur at the end, was there an option to get the cash and I just dont recall?
I dont know if there's enough time for me to be dishonorable now, I mean I could just literally kill every person I see I guess lol.

First play through, I only went to Blackwater as part of the story, i.e. Abigail made me. Once I was done with the epilogue, I didnt play anymore at all.

This is interesting. I dont think I want the same ending as my first time, but I like Arthur and dont want to see him shredded like Marston is in RDR1. Ill have to think about this. Thanks.

Crewe

So, I was being bad Arthur this go around as you know. I know previously I made comments I was indifferent to him in the first pass, meaning I liked him, but didnt love him, as I do now.
I put off the main story for so long because I hate the part where he gets TB.
My honor had been hovering in the dark dark grey, lets call it dark red and then there's a few story missions that really elevate you and in a bit I was almost full white hot honor.
Then, the TB came and I was ticked off, as Arthur would be, so I just went full on Doc Holliday, primarily on Butcher Creek.
And to be fair, they did start it by shooting at me after my horse Duke crushed one of their stupid chickens wandering across the road to answer that age old question.
But even after that, and realizing there are different endings (Im still in Chapter 6) Im not sure I want a dishonorable Arthur as his story truly has a redemptive arc, obviously.
Time will tell. Im still recovering from my BC massacre and am in the lighter gray tones.

So, Ive always antagonized campers and now is no different but since Im sort of preserving my honor, I just lasso them and drag em for a bit, hog tie em on my horse and find a river to dump em in for pissing me off. No kill, no honor lost. I even drove one asshole from a poker game who was winning too much, lassoed his ass and dumped him in the pond. Refreshing.

Question time:
So Im seeking 100%. I have the rock carvings (sans the one in Blackwater I cant get) and the dinosaur bones, also sans Blackwater and the cigarette cards, sans the Blackwater ones.
Dreamcatchers are all done and I have all the graves marked I need to go see, I guess as John since Arthur's is one on the list.
Under health, it shows Im level 8 out of 8 but then under that, there's a bonus that says 1 of 2 which means Im lacking in one obviously. Its the same for stamina and dead eye.
I could be wrong but I think you need certain trinkets for that other bonus level.
Well, some I cannot get, and I dont mean, tried and cant, I mean the game won't let me.
Take for instance, one I need is Legendary Fox. I have killed that animal as its in my compendium. But I dont have the trinket. The fence doesn't have it either and I cant sell what I dont have. I think I actually sold it to the trapper.
I dont think I can kill a legendary animal twice.
Let me know if you know a way out.

By the bye...
On my PS4 home screen, when you highlight the RDR2 game, it shows 47% completion. Where the hell do they get that number from?
Ive done almost all side and stranger missions along with other 100% categories. I mean there's not much left for me to do except maybe 8 or 9 final story missions with the epilogues.
I still need to find maybe 10 weapons and complete a few more challenges (two I cant because Blackwater hasn't opened up yet) and actually there's a few more things I cant complete because of Blackwater restrictions.
Ideas about that? Has anyone here completed 100% on this game?

Final question.
I watched quite a few videos about how to get top ranked horses for free by exploiting a glitch, how to get in to Blackwater early in the game as Arthur without the bounty and a few others and absolutely not one of these worked for me, at all.
I dont know if those were PC specific or not but they didnt notate that so Im not sure. Were any of you able to accomplish any of those feats?
I just flat out bought all the horses I wanted, there's so much freakin money in this game...I've bought everything I could possibly buy except every single shred of clothing at the general store and tailor shop and I still have well over $3k left.
I still find myself wishing Arthur should just hoof it with Sadie and get away from Dutch, but I guess it wouldn't be the soul crushing game it's meant to be if that were the case.

Quote from: BojackHorsefella on June 14, 2020, 07:24:32 PM
There are at least 4 endings: honorable, save John. Honorable, go for the money. And then dishonorable versions of those two.

So, if you saved John last time, going to Blackwater instead will be a totally new experience. If you were honorable last time, Arthur's conclusion will be different if you're dishonorable this time.

Well, that wasn't my final question after all lol

So last time, I guess I saved John? I mean, I didnt go for the money so I assume thats the only other option and it was honorable death for Arthur.
John went to Blackwater with Abigail and no problems. I didnt play much other than just the story missions in the epilogue though so I dont know what else can happen.

So, this time, if, let's say, Im honorable and go for the money, I assume it can end differently for Arthur and probably does, given the fact it has to end for him.
In any scenario, other than the one I chose last time, will any other choice affect John's story?

Crewe

so after finishing for the second time (Arthur help John honorable) a question I had was answered, I just didnt remember from the first time around.
Micah was picked up after Guarma and turned.
So not when breaking him out of Strawberry like I initially thought.
It still begs the question though, how was he able stay free while being a full fledged criminal AND not delivering Dutch which always seemed to be the main objective.

Anyhow, much more fun second time through. I have just a few things to do before getting 100% but I think Ill look around the nw territory more and see if there's more to do since I neglected that the first time around.
Also, I saw another video about how to cheat and get back to Guarma and also another place not on the map.
I'm not even going to try it because none of those "cheats" or "glitches" or none of that shit every worked for me. Waste of time.

TheNorm

Said it before and I'll say it again: damn you've got me wanting to give this another run through.

BojackHorsefella

Some of those map cheats/glitches have been patched out. I was going to use one to get to Blackwater in chapter 4 of my evil playthrough, so I could get all the legendaries and complete all the challenges with Arthur (especially since John can't swim and hates water). Then the bastards patched it just as I was getting ready to leave Chapter 3. Now my evil Arthur just sort of exists there. Every now and again I go fishing, treat myself to poker and a room in St Denis, or just go hunting. There's some neat out there places you can find (the Lodge is so freaking cool) to just stay in while you venture.

Crewe

I wanted to get it all done with Arthur too.
What lodge?

Do it norm lol I got my nephew in to it who bought it yesterday lol

Crewe

hey so uh I tried that share/join/watch thing with my nephew but it didnt work, saying connection wasn't up to snuff.
On my console, Wifi is connected to my regular wifi, lets call it cablecompany123.
Well, I use my 5G on all my devices which is cablecompany123_5G
However, the PS4 won't work. It's never an option when it shows available networks.
It fails when I enter everything manually. I even "forgot" my network on my phone and re enter with the info I had to make sure it was all correct and it was, so I know the info is right.
Does my console just hate 5g and Ill never be able to use this feature?
Seems appropriate, nothing else works for me, why should this stupid console.

Incidentally, I think my regular internet up/down stats re fine for this sort of thing, but still, no luck. Any ideas?

Crewe

89% right now.
Im halfway through challenge number 10 in the herbalist category and I have Challenge 9 & 10 to complete for the Horseman category then its all done with the challenges.
Everything else seems to be done. Fishing, Cigarette cards, dinosaurs, rock formations (that was a weird story, anyone else do that one?) dream catchers...oh I saw one new hunting request in the epilogue. Thought I was done with that nonsense.
I've roamed the new map area while finishing the story with Sadie.
Also, my Marston is not honorable. I'm not happy about Arthur.
Btw, visited his gravesite, pretty cool.