News:

UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

Red Dead Redemption 2

Started by Crewe, October 01, 2018, 02:48:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheNorm

I always loved the random encounters in this game but don't think I ever ran into one of the compounds outside of the story mission. That's pretty cool.
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

Crewe

Crewe

So did any of you go 100% on this game, completing all of the challenges, horseman, sharpshooter and such?
Im over halfway complete on all of them except the sharpshooter I think it is, where I have to kill 3 guys in 10 seconds with throwing knives.
Im done with the explorer and am currently tying to complete the search for the 43 herbs while trying to bait two animals to their demise.
At Chapter 4 in th story, I guess Im halfway done? Cant remember but I think Im going to try to complete most of the game with Arthur before he starts hacking up a lung, then just cruise through the final chapters of the story because I have no real interest in the epilogue as Marston. it was nice to complete it, but I just recall so much of it being boring. Watching Abigail turn in to a twat and spend my life carrying timber and assembling a fence.
The canyon fight with Sadie was good fun but other than that, a raspberry to the epilogue.

TheNorm

Nope, too much work for me lol-I just get distracted after a little bit then move on to something else. Like I try to complete some of the more compelling side quests with a story but my patience just wears thin after a bit with the hunting/fishing/searching for herbs stuff.

I enjoyed the epilogue, to be honest. Yeah it dragged in parts but I didn't mind Abigail, it was damn good to see Charles again (that dude was my favorite), and like you mentioned the canyon fight with Sadie was just so well done.

I may fire this up again someday but it's also been about 10 years since I wrapped up RDR and I'm due for a replay on that.
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

Crewe

yea its easy to lose patience with it, but with the quarantine and me with all the time in the world, although thats been changing a bit as of late, I just find it calming to just ride around and search for water I need, shoot who ever I want, loot whatever, hunt, fish, just go fuck around lol

BojackHorsefella

I really wish we could play the online together, but there's just so little to do and I still haven't leveled up enough to even be ALLOWED to buy a fishing rod. I suppose we could run some missions and at least try to unlock the fishing pole and then it'd be fun to hop on from time to time, hunt, fish, and play some cards. Or I suppose do actual missions from time to time, but those damn gold pieces.

Crewe

I dont understand. Haven't leveled up to buy a rod? Is that an online thing because I know you've completed the game twice.
And yea that would be fun.
I was reading the other day there's some rumblings about co-op on MLB RTTS which would be a cool way to upgrade that feature

BojackHorsefella

holy shit, co-op RTTS would get me to buy the next edition IMMEDIATELY. I know my brother would too.

And yeah, online, some of the items are locked until you reach a certain level. I think I just have 2 more to go, but it's such a grind to get the XP.

Crewe

Quote from: BojackHorsefella on June 03, 2020, 05:23:14 PM
holy shit, co-op RTTS would get me to buy the next edition IMMEDIATELY. I know my brother would too.

And yeah, online, some of the items are locked until you reach a certain level. I think I just have 2 more to go, but it's such a grind to get the XP.

yea it would certainly be an awesome experience. For once, we could actually have a hit and run in RTTS lol

Yea when activities in the game become a grind, it's just not worth it

Crewe

Quote from: BojackHorsefella on June 03, 2020, 05:22:19 PM
*Micah_Did_Nothing_Wrong has entered the chat*

No no no, I kid, I kid.

So was he a plant by the Pinkertons from the get go?
And if so, why allow him to engage in the same activities as Dutch?o

For the record, I quite often liked Micah's commentary...dont shoot me

BojackHorsefella

Quote from: Crewe on June 03, 2020, 05:30:29 PM
Quote from: BojackHorsefella on June 03, 2020, 05:22:19 PM
*Micah_Did_Nothing_Wrong has entered the chat*

No no no, I kid, I kid.

So was he a plant by the Pinkertons from the get go?
And if so, why allow him to engage in the same activities as Dutch?o

For the record, I quite often liked Micah's commentary...dont shoot me

Yeah, he was funny right up to the point he became a gosh darned traitor!

No, I think Micah got picked up by the Pinkertons after Blackwater. He gets separated from the group, and then winds up in a jail in Strawberry. I think the Pinkertons took him into custody in Blackwater, and planted him in that jail on purpose (because he's not there during the train robbery, I don't think). Dutch doesn't really do anything too crazy until the Valentine bank robbery (which I think Micah was there for, or maybe he wasn't?) Other stuff is just petty revenge type things. But Michah was definitely back with the group when they planned the St Denis heist, and that obviously went horribly, which would further point to Micah being a rat.

TheNorm

I think he was a plant from the start. Didn't the whole Blackwater fiasco start (and the game itself) because of info from Micah?

Crewe

I thought so too norm. At one point, Arthur likens a current sitch to Blackwater and Micah says, it was nothing like that.

Anyone know how to obtain those shot taken in game with a camera?
I can only submit to a Social Club for GTA and Max Payne..well, I cant even do that because I dont have a verified email it says and Im not willing to go through all that nonsense if I can grab em from there either.
I see FB and Twitter options but neither work for me. And you can copy a link, but to where? Im in the PS4 app. lol
Ideas?

TheNorm

Quote from: Crewe on June 09, 2020, 04:20:43 PM
I thought so too norm. At one point, Arthur likens a current sitch to Blackwater and Micah says, it was nothing like that.

Anyone know how to obtain those shot taken in game with a camera?
I can only submit to a Social Club for GTA and Max Payne..well, I cant even do that because I dont have a verified email it says and Im not willing to go through all that nonsense if I can grab em from there either.
I see FB and Twitter options but neither work for me. And you can copy a link, but to where? Im in the PS4 app. lol
Ideas?

Can't you just hit the "Share" button on the PS4 controller, then save the screen shot? It's been a long time since I've done the RDR2 photo thing, had some great ones on there too. Thought if you just hit the share button then save the shot, then you could just put them on a flash drive or something. Don't quote me on that though, been a long time.

Crewe

probably so, Ive never used that feature before lol
thanks norm