News:

UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

Question of the Week: Would you sign Ndamukong Suh?

Started by TheNorm, February 04, 2015, 10:42:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheNorm

Just wanted to try something new. Here is Detroit Free Press columnist Drew Sharp's take on the Lions and Suh (if you don't feel like reading it, the answer is no-the Lions shouldn't resign him):

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/columnists/drew-sharp/2015/02/04/ndamukong-suh-detroit-lions-free-agent/22837881/

So my question for you is this: if you're the Lions GM, would you attempt to resign Ndamukong Suh?

My answer: yes, I resign him. Part of the reason being that I want to win now and Suh is a huge part of that defense-he's the reason that defensive line was feared last year, drawing constant double teams while allowing Ziggy Ansah, Nick Fairley (before he got hurt), and their linebackers to roam free...and Suh still could dominate at moments even through the double teams. Lions lose him, that defense takes a few steps back. He still has the occasional flash of immaturity (see Rodgers, Aaron, week 17), but there's no denying his skill set. He's worth it.

Your turn!
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

Crewe

I don't know the Lions position as far as backups, next in line, draft pick options and the like but with my limited options I say yes, re sign him.
Truth is, no team likes a player that causes distractions on or of the field, but those guys are always there and many more teams have them now, or are at least exposed more now due to the 24 hour news cycle.
Personally, I wouldn't want his baggage on the Cowboys or the Texans, but then I think of him anchoring the line in Dallas, or dare  say with JJ Watt? You can't help but to like that.
So yes.

rollntider

Yes, he is dirty, but if his is on your favorite team, he isnt hurting your players LOL

TheNorm

And looking at how much he went for...I'm totally fine with that. Peace out. The Lions trading for Haloti Ngata helps ease the pain a bit-sure they don't have Suh's upside and skill, but Ngata's no slouch either.

Suh chased the payday, good for him-nothing wrong with that. But sometimes I got the feeling the last few weeks he didn't want to be in Detroit anymore either-well, bye. I've always felt that if you don't want to be here than I sure as hell don't want to see you here either. Good luck to you, but get the f*ck out.
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

shark298

The Dolphins will regret that signing even more than the Mike Wallace signing.

rollntider