News:

UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

Spider-Man

Started by TheNorm, September 09, 2018, 12:45:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crewe

So I figured out (finally, moron) how to obtain more skills and it made life so much easier. I feel like I was operating at a handicap level, which I kind of was actually.
Just defeated Li and am at 74%.
Im enjoying the story but will continue to work the side missions until I can close most of it out or am left with only things to unlock.
maybe Ill get 90-95% but if I get that far it will piss me off if I can't get 100%

TheNorm

Damn you're flying through this game.  :o

Also just made me realize I don't think I ever finished up the Taskmaster missions...and I'm still going through DLC #2 lol. But thanks to you I think I'm about to start this game up from NG+. This was easily Game of the Year IMO.
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

Crewe

haha, yea bout to slow down though. Ive had about four or five days with a lot of time. Its been bad weather and on top I sort of wrench my back a week ago so it just kinda worked out where I could get some game time in.

The Taskmaster missions are manageable, but Ive got a few of those research labs on long time hold because they are next to impossible for me.
Hopefully I can knock em out down the road

BojackHorsefella

I'll also say, the side stuff, especially Taskmaster, does get easier as you upgrade your skills and gadgets.

Crewe

One of his I have set aside for the last thing is one of finding and dismantling bombs in some ridiculous short span.
Im convinced the devs will play a mission for ten hours a day for months and decide the absolute fastest any human being could complete this task is 30 seconds, sooooo, in the game, lets make it 25.
I kid, sort of, but on this one in particular, Ill swing into a wall and then my idiot will take off running in the other direction, won't let go of the wall, whatever, and cost me 2-3-4 seconds, one or two of those and its over. Or, they will have the bomb behind a waist hight wrought iron fence and then you jump it but go past the bomb and have to come back, another few seconds, game over.

Another of his is a timed stealth stealth assassination mission, just can't get it done right now. I played it literally 12 times in a row just now, and that was my cutoff tonite.
Hard is one thing, absurd is another, or I guess I just suck.

BojackHorsefella

I may have watched some YouTube videos to figure out the most efficient way to do some of those Taskmasters. Webbing people to the ground or walls is crucial to be under the time (impact web gadget helps a lot here, as well as having the still that lets you hold Triangle to swing webbed enemies).

Crewe

Quote from: Bucfever on May 13, 2019, 11:49:08 PM
I may have watched some YouTube videos to figure out the most efficient way to do some of those Taskmasters. Webbing people to the ground or walls is crucial to be under the time (impact web gadget helps a lot here, as well as having the still that lets you hold Triangle to swing webbed enemies).

I just figured that earlier before my earlier post lol and it did help me pass the one I was bitching about prior

Crewe

At 82% now and am loving the chaos in the city after the prison break, although it is more difficult, at least for me. Im not sure I can get 100% or not.

Crewe

Anyone else put off the main mission for the other stuff first or is it just me?
Im at 88% just having defeated Electrode and Vulture, which took a couple of times I might add.
I spent way too much time fighting the pockets of prisoners and Sable guys which accomplishes nothing and gives you no rewards before I figured out it had nothing to do with the completion of the game.
So now focusing on the Sable bases which are tough for me. Twice I was down to the last guy and died lol
Those checkpoints are no easy task either.
I was looking around and I have to defeat 5/5 Sable AND Prisoner bases for each section of town? Damn, this is going to take a long time lol
Almost have all the challenges done I think and there are two research labs (one of which I cannot see on the map) and the other is that god awful ventilator task which will likely be the last thing I try to accomplish.
This act has really really ramped up story. It goes from a sort of feel good tale, flying around catching pigeons, webbing street thugs occasionally to complete chaos where everything is much more difficult.
Im considering lowering the difficulty on some of these bases just because of how long this is going to take me to complete them. I hope I don't have to, would like to run through on default level all the way through.

Crewe

So it didn't take as long as I thought lol
Not so bad when you equip correctly.
The bosses were, kinda tough, some were I mean. I had a hard time with Electro and Vulture, primarily because I wasn't sure what to do for a bit and, its so easy to get turned around when all you do is dodge dodge dodge, but I figured it out before it became too frustrating.
Beat the Taskmaster within a couple of tries, but ws aggravated I received nothing for my efforts.
Scorpion and Rhino were the easiest but it took forever. Martin Li was the toughest and most fun. Doc wasn't too tough for the biggest baddie.
I love it when the devs throw up tips on what Im supposed to do right in the middle of me getting my ass kicked....like I can read that lol
Those Sable Jet Pack fuckers really pissed me off, a lot, until I figured out how to quickly dispose of them, but it took me a long time to get there.
Some great imagery when you fast travel and Spidey is riding the train, and I loved Jameson's podcast, perfect.
This is the first game in which Ive ever reached 100% and it was fun, challenging (fucking ventilators) but not overly tough to make me want to quit like many games do, either out of boredom or Jesus levels.
I really enjoyed the story, and I realize we take graphics and animation for granted these days but can I just note that this game looks wonderful.

https://imgur.com/37YcyGv

TheNorm

Glad you enjoyed it! Can really tell the developers put a ton of effort into this game.
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

Crewe

Quote from: TheNorm on May 20, 2019, 11:43:07 AM
Glad you enjoyed it! Can really tell the developers put a ton of effort into this game.

not only did I enjoy it, I still am lol First of three DLC completed.
I wonder if there was any scuttlebutt of a follow up game? But I guess that was the intention of the DL content. Id certainly be on board though

Crewe

Defeated all the DLC installments and I think that story was just as good as the main one.
Jesus Mary and Joseph was it tough!
The base fights were really tough, but by far the most fun to me was the speakeasy battle, great environment.
The boss fights were tougher too and some of the battles along the way frustrated me a bit, but the Screwball mission? Holy crap, that was insane on top of insanity.
Her Wrap Party, which was the very last thing I had to accomplish to obtain 100% on all the DLC, made me rage quit. I haven't done that in forever lol
I finally had to lower the difficulty level to beat it, and that was the only time in the game so Im sorta disappointed in that but not much else I could do there.
Throughout the course of the game and the DLC, I noticed I have most of the benchmarks completed too so IM going to go ahead and finish that up as well. Now IM just revisiting old battle sites to clear the benchmarks and I will have accomplished every single thing this game has to offer.
Fun stuff.

BojackHorsefella

I figured once I buy and play the DLC I'll be in a similar situation with the benchmarks.

My concern is doing all of that and then not getting a Plat because you need gold in all the Taskmaster nonsense, but I should probably just Google that.

Crewe

I haven't noticed one way or the other. I just wanted 100% and to clear everything.
I didn't get gold in a lot of challenges, actually don't think I ever even netted one.