News:

UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

The Official 2014 NFL Season Thread

Started by TheNorm, September 07, 2014, 10:47:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheNorm

In less than 24 hours, the Lions will begin the annual process of destroying my will to live...that being said, it's already started for some teams. And it's nice to see Tony Romo's already in November/December form!

And yes, it was wrong and he should probably get suspended for it, but Antonio Brown kicking that punter in the face was hilarious.

http://deadspin.com/antonio-brown-introduces-the-front-heel-kick-to-the-nfl-1631667427
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

thaima1shu

I'm fairly certain that there is nothing else the rest of this season that will be better than what Antonio Brown did today.

bigbaldben

Calvin Johnson's second TD catch, aaaaaand my fantasy game is over.

rollntider

Crewe

Bret

My Vikings are UNDEFEATED!!!!

Sorry, I only have about three more days this year that I'll be able to say that.

TheNorm

Woke up from a nap and found out that Marty Mornhinweg had done something stupid. For a moment, I seriously thought I woke up back in 2002.

12 years later and I still can't believe that idiot took the wind.
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

TheNorm

If you would've told me before the game that the Lions would hold Aaron Rodgers and the Packers to one measly TD I'd have laughed in your face. Great solid effort by them especially since the offense wasn't entirely clicking with 3 turnovers.

The Seattle/Denver game was crazy.

thaima1shu

The emotional roller coaster that was the Seahawks game today has me just exhausted. I'm so tired. What a game though. Great win.

rollntider

TheNorm

This video pretty much sums up my feelings of watching the Tigers, Lions, Michigan, and my fantasy team perform this weekend.

Crewe

lol thats pretty funny norm, at some point Im stealing this, but will give you full fred  :-)

Crewe

I was hoping the Cowboys would stay with the Hawks and not embarrass themselves.
Despite trying to give it away, they come away with the unexpected win.
This team is playing well above board and I'm not ready to go all in yet, but I am certainly impressed with Linehan, which I never thought Id say, and Marinelli.
A 9 or 10 win season for this group has to be considered a success.
And FWIW, this is Romo's last productive year, he's hurt too bad

TheNorm

I'm having a really hard time trying to comprehend what team is at the top of this list...and having watched a majority of their games this year, I can't believe I'm gonna say this but: they aren't bad. If they had a kicker worth anything against Buffalo, they're 5-1.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=2&defensiveStatisticCategory=GAME_STATS&conference=ALL&role=OPP&season=2014&seasonType=REG&d-447263-s=TOTAL_YARDS_GAME_AVG&d-447263-o=1&d-447263-n=1

As is always the case though when it comes to the Lions (and Tony Romo prior to late November and December  :P), let's see how this all plays out. But the first six weeks are promising.