News:

UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

2017 College Football thread

Started by rollntider, January 20, 2017, 12:10:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rollntider

Not sure what i find more satisfactory, that auburn lost or that auburn is in meltdown mode they signed their coach to a 7 million a year deal.

then proceeds to go 0-2.

TheNorm

UCF was a cute story...but no bro.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/21936289

QuoteOutgoing UCF coach Scott Frost believes his team deserved a shot at the College Football Playoff and that it took a "conscious effort" by the committee to keep it lower in its rankings.

After beating Auburn 34-27 in the Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl on Monday to finish the season a perfect 13-0, Frost unloaded on a process he described as "unfair."

UCF, which plays outside the Power 5 in the American Athletic Conference, was ranked 12th in the country entering Monday, despite going 12-0 with a conference championship.

Scott Frost is a little bitch that runs his mouth too much. Just like his bullshit claim that his Nebraska squad would've beat Michigan in 1997, him thinking UCF belongs in the playoff is laughable too. Every team in the playoff would've curbstomped UCF and we'd be changing channels by halftime.

Run along son, it's gonna be fun watching you get your ass kicked trying to bring Nebraska back to prominence.
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

rollntider

as much as I hate Auburn that Auburn team was not the same team that beat Bama or UGA.  They beat UCF going away if it was. Look at that SEC title game and you will see that was not the same team. They accomplished the same thing LSU, Clemson and UGA did. beat a team that was finding its way.

Plus really how can a team that lost the SEC title and a playoff shot get up for playing UCF? play Oklahoma, Ohio State, UGA, LSU, Iowa State, Iowa, etc.. then face Auburn. And make the game mean something like for a shot to go some bowl.

I need to wash my hands after defending the barn. Also thank you for beating them UCF.

TheNorm

Exactly. And boy do I have a problem with the whole "we beat a team that beat the two teams in the final by 12 and 23 points" argument they love tossing around. So f'ing what?

As for the Michigan/South Carolina game...yeah. I'll have plenty more to say since I'm trying to process it all, but what I keep coming back to is this: that game was easily the most embarrassing loss of not just the season, but of Harbaugh's Michigan tenure. Yes, even a bigger failure than the loss to MSU earlier this season. Blowing a 16 point lead to a so-so South Carolina team is not a good optic. Have plenty more to say, but that's what sticks with me the most.
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

TheNorm

TheNorm

Exit Rich Rodriguez.
https://twitter.com/BruceFeldmanCFB/status/948395101037801472

Probably has more to do with this...
https://twitter.com/DanWolken/status/948395073850441729

Rich Rodriguez needing to hire a lawyer may very well be the first time he's focused on defense his entire life...bye bro.

TheNorm

Full disclosure: the main reason I'm watching this game is to see Kendrick Lamar and the closer look at Black Panther during halftime.  :popcorn:

What I've seen so far though...Georgia's playing some decent ball and they've been helped by some really stupid mistakes.

Crewe

TheNorm

https://twitter.com/alex_kirshner/status/950568581087088640

Big Ten referees blowing or missing calls? I'm shocked by this development. SHOCKED.  ::)
If Big Ten officials are the best they could get for this game, college football is in trouble. Been putting up with this shit all season long.

thaima1shu

My god what a game. Congrats Tider! Tua looks amazing, and a true freshman. Wow.

rollntider

Quote from: thaima1shu on January 09, 2018, 12:14:37 AM
My god what a game. Congrats Tider! Tua looks amazing, and a true freshman. Wow.

Thanks, whats wierd we started kicking ass when we put in Frosh.

The lineman that went down, Frosh replaced him, the game winning catch... Frosh... Najee Harris... Frosh .... and the QB of Course was a frosh

Crewe

Quote from: TheNorm on January 08, 2018, 10:45:24 PM

Big Ten referees blowing or missing calls? I'm shocked by this development. SHOCKED.  ::)
If Big Ten officials are the best they could get for this game, college football is in trouble. Been putting up with this shit all season long.

I get the we are all human aspect, but man, there were some flagrant missed calls. I mean, when it happens right where you are supposed to be looking it makes me wonder what they are seeing.

Crewe

It was a good game. I didn't really have a dog in this fight but was pulling for Georgia because Alabama is always there.
I guess once you win one or two, recruiting is pretty easy. 5 in 9 years...that ever been done?

rollntider

Quote from: Crewe on January 09, 2018, 01:49:18 AM
Quote from: TheNorm on January 08, 2018, 10:45:24 PM

I get the we are all human aspect, but man, there were some flagrant missed calls. I mean, when it happens right where you are supposed to be looking it makes me wonder what they are seeing.

Agreed they missed calls badly on both sides. I would tell my son on plays, damn it they were holding WTF.... or I would be like... woo we got away with one....

The one that aggravates me, is the TD that tied the game up when Tua let it fly and Ridley caught the TD, a defender tackled a WR, no flag... if he misses that catch no tied game. But I sure an UGA fan can point out a critical call on another play that would have been in their favor.

rollntider

Quote from: Crewe on January 09, 2018, 01:51:48 AM

It was a good game. I didn't really have a dog in this fight but was pulling for Georgia because Alabama is always there.
I guess once you win one or two, recruiting is pretty easy. 5 in 9 years...that ever been done?

I think the previous record was 5 in 16 years by Paul Bryant :)

Re: Recruiting - Actually Georgia and Clemson are the teams getting the players this year. Bama will still finish top 5 to 10, but Clemson's class this year is pretty damn elite.  Georgia probably has the 2nd best class.