News:

UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

2017 Pro Football thread

Started by rollntider, February 21, 2017, 12:38:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheNorm

Quote from: Crewe on August 07, 2017, 12:03:16 AM
I'm out of the loop, what became of Tannehill? Did I know and just forget?

Think he got hurt the first couple of days of training camp or something...might've been his knee.
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

Crewe

And then lost his job to Cutler, double whammy

TheNorm

"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

Crewe

TheNorm

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/902353429833666565

I have no problem with this, deal needed to be made. Stafford is a top 10 QB in this league.

Crewe

I always liked Stafford, kids a gamer

BojackHorsefella

I know Brady is Norm's boy and all, being from Michigan, but nobody wants to gloat after the first game of the season aired last night and offered us the Pats getting their asses handed to them by the Chiefs?

Is this Blindsideblitz or not?

thaima1shu

I was very, very annoyed watching the leadup to the game with Mark Wahlberg trying hard to read off cue cards and the whole presentation. Then the way the game started, I almost turned it off. Damn glad the rest of the game went so well though. Can't say I saw that coming.

TheNorm

Over 40 years as a Lions fan, and thought I'd seen just about every which way the team could possibly lose...nope.
https://twitter.com/BradGalli/status/912146310014349313

Utter fucking bullshit...but also:

https://twitter.com/LGhail/status/912053486434553856

thaima1shu

Really crappy way to lose. Didn't think that would get overturned.

Crewe

Me either. Everyone is discussing the time issue but that flat out looked like six to me

TheNorm

Crewe

Lol those shoes!

So what about the Cam flub?
I mean, I don't like the guy, at all and yea he's obviously not so smart but I really don't think he meant it in a hurtful manner although it was certainly condescending.
Oh and turns out, the reporter got called out on some racist tweets of hers which she brushed off in a meaningless apology by saying something like I'm sorry about those comments 4 or 5 years ago.
Can we just do away with both of these people?

TheNorm

Quote from: Crewe on October 06, 2017, 11:47:07 AM
Lol those shoes!

So what about the Cam flub?
I mean, I don't like the guy, at all and yea he's obviously not so smart but I really don't think he meant it in a hurtful manner although it was certainly condescending.
Oh and turns out, the reporter got called out on some racist tweets of hers which she brushed off in a meaningless apology by saying something like I'm sorry about those comments 4 or 5 years ago.
Can we just do away with both of these people?

My answer in bold, pretty much. And I love the myopia of some people I ran into.
"Damn, that was some pretty racist shit she said back then."
"That's not the important part, the focus is on what Cam said!"
"Uh...what? We can focus on both."

TheNorm