News:

UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

2017 Pro Football thread

Started by rollntider, February 21, 2017, 12:38:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheNorm

Name drop from the past alert:

If GoChiefs were still here, I think he'd disappear for awhile after today. Nice comeback by the Titans there.

https://twitter.com/NitrogenSports/status/949817796237520896
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

BojackHorsefella

OMG GoChiefs. There's a deep cut.

Crewe

Crewe

Te only two teams I want to win are playing each other :-(

TheNorm

"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

Crewe

Actually, its not.
And not for nothing, but I think its well known Romo wasn't the weak link. And I can think of Hall of Famers who have less playoff wins than him, so, I dont get the joke  :D

Crewe

Cant believe Atlanta's "season on the line" play call. No wonder they cant win.
Titans are equally outmatched with such silly calls.
But, some of the easiest money you can make was betting on this game.

TheNorm

Quote from: Crewe on January 13, 2018, 10:52:54 PM

Missed the Falcons/Eagles game, and the Titans are just outclassed here...kind of hoping Jacksonville pulls off the upset tomorrow, and I think the Saints do the Vikings.

BojackHorsefella

Quote from: Crewe on January 13, 2018, 10:52:54 PM

I ranted about this on Facebook. Never have I seen such a mediocre team achieve such success and then, when they do, find the most idiotic ways to blow it.

TheNorm

https://twitter.com/ClayTravis/status/952295678046277633

This reminds me of an article I read a month or two ago...they took this dude's advice for the entire season and bet the exact opposite of what he said. They ended up with a profit.  :D

*EDIT* Found it! Now this may very well be the one and only time I link to a buckeyes blog, but they did good work here. It was a 14% profit. Everyone knows I can't stand the buckeyes, but anyone that works to prove what an idiot Clay Travis is I'll tip my cap to.

https://www.elevenwarriors.com/college-football/2017/12/89067/slay-travis-the-final-tally-following-a-season-of-fading-clay-travis-and-his-cant-miss-picks

Crewe

Geez, why?
Like I said earlier, there's never been easier money than taking the Pats over the Titans. Unreal.

It's like the joke where a guy says man it's a bad weekend. I lost 6 out of 6 on college football, 8 out of 8 on pro football. His buddy says well there's hockey games tonight and he says yea but I don't know anything about hockey

BojackHorsefella

I'm a Yankees fan, and even I hate the Steelers more than I hate the Red Sox.

Watching the Jags go up 21-0, I was like Kylo Ren at the end of Last Jedi. "More! MORE!!!!"

TheNorm

BojackHorsefella

Quote from: TheNorm on January 14, 2018, 04:17:34 PM
https://twitter.com/wingingitmotown/status/952646461317156864

Perfect.

In other news, I've heard Joe Buck call Case Keenum a "franchise QB" and say he's playing "Favre-esque."

Case Keenum. Franchise QB.

Words no longer have meaning in 2018.