News:

UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

The 30 Days of Music Challenge

Started by TheNorm, January 03, 2018, 09:49:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crewe

Quote from: Bucfever on January 13, 2018, 02:23:56 PM
I'm not sure I necessarily disliked it, but Black Mirror made "Heaven is a Place on Earth" a regular song on my rotation

hey that could've done double duty with most embarrassing song you like ; :D

BojackHorsefella

Watch Season three, episode four of Black Mirror, titled "San Junipero," then come tell me that. ;)

Crewe

oh I did ;)
Incidentally, go to the review section and see if you agree with me, Id like to hear your thoughts on BM S4

BojackHorsefella

Quote from: Crewe on January 13, 2018, 05:44:35 PM
oh I did ;)
Incidentally, go to the review section and see if you agree with me, Id like to hear your thoughts on BM S4

The song terrifies me because it sounds like a threat now.

Crewe

TheNorm

Day 11
A song sung predominantly in a different language

I just love the way this builds and how majestic it sounds, and they look so effortless when they sing it. Everything about this is incredible.

Andrea Bocelli & Sarah Brightman - Con Te Partiro

"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

BojackHorsefella

I honestly have no idea if I know any songs in a different language, so, let's fall back on the original 99 Luftballoons?

Crewe

do I have to like it?
Ill just suggest La Bamba. I think theres a Gloria Estefan one I might know too

TheNorm

"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

Crewe

heh, well I wasn't sure if we had to like it or not, just asking ;)

TheNorm

Quote from: Crewe on January 13, 2018, 10:29:41 PM
heh, well I wasn't sure if we had to like it or not, just asking ;)

Not required lol

BojackHorsefella

Could be worse. I could've said Psy - Gangnam Style

TheNorm

Quote from: Bucfever on January 13, 2018, 10:52:39 PM
Could be worse. I could've said Psy - Gangnam Style

I thought for sure someone would lol

rollntider

I could not decide which one to put, but i like this song a tad bit better
Different Language Song:
Rammstein - Mein herz Brennt (My heart bleeds) (other choice was Engel by them)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXv31OmnKqQ

if you guys havent figured out, I like the metal songs LOL

I used to share an office with a guy who listened to them at least once a week and I used to tell him he was serenading me with that "My Best Friend" song

TheNorm

Day 12
A song you can't play while in polite company

There's so many I could choose from, which way shall I go? Hmm...I'll go new school. MY LEFT STROKE JUST WENT VIRAL

Kendrick Lamar - Humble.