Previous topic - Next topic

BojackHorsefella

Love that song, Norm.

Mine's obvious:

Tiny Tim- Tiptoe Through The Tulips

Crewe

Quote from: rollntider on January 11, 2018, 01:39:16 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pu94mWlgzMY

No Quarter by Led Zepplin, with the lyrics and the song even sounds like it occurs in a snow storm.

good call

Crewe

Quote from: Bucfever on January 11, 2018, 02:31:17 PM
Love that song, Norm.

Mine's obvious:

haha, I was going to say, gee I can't think of one, but then....there's one! lol

Ill go with Zombie's House of 1000 corpses

BojackHorsefella

Quote from: Crewe on January 11, 2018, 03:01:23 PM
Love that song, Norm.

Mine's obvious:

haha, I was going to say, gee I can't think of one, but then....there's one! lol

Slightly amusing story: my brother's fantasy league does a live draft and he does a while intro before we start, so every person has to pick their "intro song." I chose Tiptoe Through the Tulips because I'm weird like that.

rollntider

A song that disturbs me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aktLRiWXfqg

I first saw it on Beavis and Butthead..... it is so bad I had to listen to real version.  I bet they did it all in one take.

cflnut

I'll be nice and not link the video but I gotta go with Rick Astley - Never Gonna Give You Up.
If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense.
Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't.
And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would.

TheNorm

Love that song, Norm.

Mine's obvious:

I've seriously never heard this song before and now I'm creeped out.  :o

Quote from: Crewe on January 11, 2018, 03:01:23 PM

Nice!

...and tider, I saw that on Beavis & Butthead too because I'd never heard it. If that song was big in Detroit I have no idea where lol
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

BojackHorsefella

Quote from: TheNorm on January 11, 2018, 11:02:59 PM
I've seriously never heard this song before and now I'm creeped out.  :o

My work here is done.

I think it was in the trailer for the first or second Insidious movie

TheNorm

Quote from: cflnut on January 11, 2018, 09:07:40 PM
I'll be nice and not link the video but I gotta go with Rick Astley - Never Gonna Give You Up.

Well I'm an a**hole so...swerve! *NSFW, language*

Rick Astley with the Foo Fighters
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

TheNorm

Day 10
A song you disliked at first but grew to like

This was easy...pretty much follows my arc for Lady Gaga too: couldn't stand her at first because it seemed like everyone loved her and wanted her played all the time...then I actually took the time to really listen to it and found myself really digging it too.

Lady Gaga - Poker Face

cflnut

Iron Maiden - Mother Russia

When their No Prayer for the Dying album came out this was probably the one song on it I didn't like and would always skip. It wasn't until I was at one of their concerts and heard them play it live that I really got to like it. 

If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense.
Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't.
And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would.

rollntider

Quote from: TheNorm on January 11, 2018, 11:02:59 PM

...and tider, I saw that on Beavis & Butthead too because I'd never heard it. If that song was big in Detroit I have no idea where lol

I would hope and pray that song was never big anywhere.

rollntider

Quote from: TheNorm on January 12, 2018, 09:36:51 PM
Day 10

This was easy...pretty much follows my arc for Lady Gaga too: couldn't stand her at first because it seemed like everyone loved her and wanted her played all the time...then I actually took the time to really listen to it and found myself really digging it too.

Lady Gaga - Poker Face

I heard my daughter play that enough I like it. I guess kinda like I had my dad liking prince when I was a kid LOL....

Gotta admit I did not like it the first time I heard it, preferred the original, now I think i like this version better...:D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSJxvi767kQ

Crewe

Quote from: TheNorm on January 12, 2018, 09:36:51 PM
Day 10

Lady Gaga - Poker Face

Only one I can pull off the rack here is Down in Mexico by the Coasters. The reason I started liking it?
Vanessa Ferlito's lap dance to Kurt Russell in Death Proff

BojackHorsefella

I'm not sure I necessarily disliked it, but Black Mirror made "Heaven is a Place on Earth" a regular song on my rotation