Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 18, 2018, 06:18:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

rollntider

November 07, 2017, 10:33:58 PM
 :D

Author Topic: 2018 Off-Season/Season  (Read 94 times)

Online Bucfever

• Practice Squad
    • View Profile
2018 Off-Season/Season
« on: January 12, 2018, 03:51:34 PM »
Guys, I can't wait. Already bought my ticket for opening day at Safeco. I said I wouldn't go to any games with visiting teams that I already saw last year, but I didn't make the schedule and I'm not missing Opening Day, so, Indians it is then.

That being said, as far as my actual team goes, I'm obviously liking the Yankees lineup, I'm just hoping them and the pitchers can stay healthy, and Tanaka can get off to a better start than last year.

Offline Crewe

• Global Moderator
  • Starter
    • View Profile
Re: 2018 Off-Season/Season
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2018, 05:13:35 PM »
You know, honestly, after the Astros won the WS, I told a friend, we are already behind in 2018.
I can believe the Dodgers opening at 5-1 favorites. the Astros 6-1? Yea, I can dig it. Yanks @ 8-1? I mean, its not outrageous, but I figured them and the Dodgers to be around 5,6 to 1 honestly.
The Cole non trade, rumors about Arrieta, Archer, Darvish...its going to be a short offseason.

Offline thaima1shu

• Practice Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2018, 05:26:40 PM »
I would just like to watch Felix pitch in one playoff game. Even just a wild card game. Hopefully this is the year...

Offline TheNorm

• Global Moderator
  • Starter
  • Go Blue!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2018, 09:30:12 PM »
Yeah, my Tigers have fully embraced rebuild mode and I'm not really looking forward to watching the next couple of seasons.  :-X

Offline Crewe

• Global Moderator
  • Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2018, 01:07:39 AM »
Yeah, my Tigers have fully embraced rebuild mode and I'm not really looking forward to watching the next couple of seasons.  :-X

During the Astros record setting 100 loss seasons, I was really enjoying it because it was a commitment to winning. I liked following the guys developing in the minors, getting called up, getting better each year, this guy being dealt for two others, etc...
For me, it was much more enjoyable that toiling around .500,bringing in the multi gazillion dollar free agent that wouldn't help but also cost you your minor leagues, sabotaging the franchise for years, clinging to the vet whose contributed to in the past but is now fruitlessly draining your franchise of life in his twilight years.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2018, 01:10:09 AM by Crewe »

Offline Crewe

• Global Moderator
  • Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2018, 01:14:18 PM »
The Cole trade went through. People say Pitt was fleeced.
I think it was a good deal for both. It's going to depend on Cole. I hope this doesn't turn into a Gomez deal. I still hate who gave up for that garbage.
Musgrove showed his stuff in the WS and Moran should be solid. Feliz and Martin we could part with because we are stacked in those positions although Moran could help out at first.

Online Bucfever

• Practice Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2018, 02:06:19 PM »
I read the same on Deadspin, about Pitt getting fleeced, but it sounds like Cole hasn't achieved what he did in 2015, so I think this one may take some time to evaluate.

Online Bucfever

• Practice Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Today at 05:43:28 PM »
Hey Crewe, considering how much emphasis has been put on the Astros personnel decisions and their overall rebuild of the roster, how much credit is the town or even you yourself giving AJ Hinch for winning that Series?

I see him on a lot of interviews, but all the articles usually talk about the draft choices, Springer, and basically front office moves.

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 4046
  • Total Topics: 525
  • Online Today: 20
  • Online Ever: 48
  • (January 17, 2018, 08:03:42 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 14
Total: 15