News:

UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

Apex Legends (PS4, at least)

Started by BojackHorsefella, June 01, 2020, 02:18:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BojackHorsefella

Anyone play?

So, it's one of those Battle Royale type games. One of the major differences between this and say, Fortnite is there's no building in this, and you play either in duos or in trios, never solo.

Pairing up with randoms, like any online multiplayer game, is hit or miss, but the game actually has an awesome communication system built into it via pings that does help to keep things on track.

I tried it initially way back when it first released, wasn't the biggest fan. Then I became FULLY addicted to For Honor for about a year and a half, haha. Anyways, I digress.

Lately, a buddy of mine (former coworker) had been trying to get me to play, and a current co-worker who Twitch streams has been picking it up as well, so I decided to give it another chance. The game is vastly improved by having people to play with, and between those two guys, my former manager who also plays, and my brother and another buddy back home, I'm suddenly getting bombarded with requests to play, haha.

Been having a lot of fun learning the ins and outs (like I did with For Honor), but yeah, it's nice not queuing into matches with randoms all the time instead of actual friends (....like For Honor).

TL;DR - we should play Apex together, it finally freed me from my For Honor addiction. Also the game is completely free, it has microtransactions but they're either A) character unlocks, which, fine, I'll allow it and admittedly already spent money on enough in-game credit to unlock all the characters; or B) cosmetics, which, I actually spent way too much money on in For Honor, but that was an up-close melee game, so the customization was more noticeable and worthwhile, whereas this is mostly ranged shooting so you may never even see your enemy close up, thus they may never even see you, so why waste my money, you know?

Rigg44

Finally a thread I can post in lol , Its a fun game but  I am playing warzone currently but I might jump back on if you need a third some night.

BojackHorsefella

Quote from: Rigg44 on June 02, 2020, 03:14:27 PM
Finally a thread I can post in lol , Its a fun game but  I am playing warzone currently but I might jump back on if you need a third some night.

I need to try out Warzone, got a coworker who I see playing it pretty much daily, haha. Doesn't Warzone have vehicles too?

Crewe

Was actually looking for your input in a few other threads like RDR2 ;-)

Rigg44

Quote from: BojackHorsefella on June 02, 2020, 03:53:30 PM

I need to try out Warzone, got a coworker who I see playing it pretty much daily, haha. Doesn't Warzone have vehicles too?

The vehicles are only to get from point a to point b no tanks or anything like that.  You can get run over but mostly they are for transport.  I like battle Royals and Warzone has stolen all the best bits from all the others.  It a good game if you like shooters set in a more "realistic" setting.

Rigg44

Quote from: Crewe on June 02, 2020, 03:58:23 PM

I hear ya and its tempting but I feel that my input can upset others especially in RDR2 ;)

Crewe

BojackHorsefella

Quote from: Rigg44 on June 02, 2020, 04:31:09 PM

I hear ya and its tempting but I feel that my input can upset others especially in RDR2 ;)

ESPECIALLY in RDR2? I am exceedingly curious now about this, hahaha

Crewe

Quote from: BojackHorsefella on June 02, 2020, 05:54:26 PM

I feel like RDR2 turned in to my own personal video game life blog lol

BojackHorsefella

Quote from: Crewe on June 02, 2020, 06:07:42 PM
Quote from: BojackHorsefella on June 02, 2020, 05:54:26 PM

I feel like RDR2 turned in to my own personal video game life blog lol

Fair, but I basically went around as a serial killer for a while wearing a dead pig's face, so, outside of "I found the KKK meeting and tried to join them," not really sure anyone can be judged for their RDR2 play, hahhaha

TheNorm

Gut feeling tells me he's kidding, but these are strange times so...

And I really need to get back to COD but since I'm one of those dudes that won't jump into online play until I complete the story it might be awhile lol.
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

BojackHorsefella

Quote from: TheNorm on June 02, 2020, 08:11:19 PM
Gut feeling tells me he's kidding, but these are strange times so...

And I really need to get back to COD but since I'm one of those dudes that won't jump into online play until I complete the story it might be awhile lol.

I finally downloaded that COD WWII, looking forward to trying out the story on that. Battlefront II is absolutely about to be a thing next month, even though they stopped supporting it, apparently the game became great since it's rough launch.

Crewe

lol serial killer in a pigs mask? Sounds like you need to join my RDR2 blog ;-)

COD? That the newest one norm?Ive been wanting back in to the war games but any decent one seems to focus on online play only which really aggravates me. I hope most developers aren't jettisoning the single player story mode.
Online absolutely sucks in my experience. Bunch a cheesy whiny petulant kids. Just like trying to find a decent baseball opponent online, cant be done IMO, but hey, Im a cynic about that so...

TheNorm

Quote from: BojackHorsefella on June 02, 2020, 09:43:56 PM
I finally downloaded that COD WWII, looking forward to trying out the story on that. Battlefront II is absolutely about to be a thing next month, even though they stopped supporting it, apparently the game became great since it's rough launch.

I enjoyed the story mode on both of those, actually, and had even thought about firing up Battlefront II again. Online there was fun too but I haven't been back in a spell.
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

TheNorm

Quote from: Crewe on June 02, 2020, 11:12:16 PM
lol serial killer in a pigs mask? Sounds like you need to join my RDR2 blog ;-)

COD? That the newest one norm?Ive been wanting back in to the war games but any decent one seems to focus on online play only which really aggravates me. I hope most developers aren't jettisoning the single player story mode.
Online absolutely sucks in my experience. Bunch a cheesy whiny petulant kids. Just like trying to find a decent baseball opponent online, cant be done IMO, but hey, Im a cynic about that so...

Yep! Started a different thread on that one awhile back...story was pretty good from what I'd played, but as usual I got distracted by other things (NBA 2K20, RDR2).