News:

UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

2015 NHL Playoffs

Started by TheNorm, April 27, 2015, 11:09:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheNorm

Sure, who doesn't love Game 7s? Unless your team had a 3-2 series lead heading into Game 6 at home and promptly blew it. Excuse me while I go vomit.

LOL at St. Louis, Nashville, and Pittsburgh.
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

rollntider

I havent kept up with hockey in a while.  Is it football season yet? :)

Plus one for your avatar....

Crewe

Quote from: TheNorm on April 27, 2015, 11:09:58 PM
Sure, who doesn't love Game 7s? Unless your team had a 3-2 series lead heading into Game 6 at home and promptly blew it. Excuse me while I go vomit.

LOL at St. Louis, Nashville, and Pittsburgh.

I agree with this, especially the LOL's; however, since my team didnt make the playoffs, Id kinda enjoy blowing a two game lead including a game 7....ok, maybe not  ;-)

TheNorm

Red Wings Defenseman Nik Kronwall suspended one game for this hit in game 6.

I'm not gonna argue the hit wasn't dirty, because it was-he left his feet and the initial contact point was the head. What I do have issue with, however, is the suspension-especially when a slash by PK Subban that broke a guy's wrist was deemed not worth a suspension...

Or even in the same Game 6 above, where Lightning player Ondrej Palat left his feet to deliver a head hit to the Wings' Luke Glendening (no embedding, only a gif link)

https://gfycat.com/DeliriousPortlyCassowary

Guess what? No penalty, no phone call from the league either. There really is no rhyme or reason to how these suspensions get handed out and it's a damn shame because this really is the greatest league for the greatest sport. All I want is some fucking consistency. If things were consistent, I'd have no problem with this suspension...but they aren't. So fix your shit NHL.
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

TheNorm

This is the second time in the playoffs that Tampa Bay has gotten away with a missed offsides call...only this time, they won in double OT because of the screwup.

http://screengrabber.deadspin.com/lightning-win-in-second-overtime-on-missed-offside-call-1701676692

Crewe

yea, I was hoping for more consistent actions too, but its just not meant to be.  LOL @ the habs announcer saying that no wasy is that a fiver. He even noted how PK choked up on his stick to chop the guy.
People just flippin amaze me, and not in the good way, and I mean rarely, if ever.

TheNorm

Crewe

Bleacher report still around?
I read some time ago there was an effort to improve the schoolyard writing but i wasnt impressed and havent kept up.
Should I?

TheNorm

Quote from: Crewe on May 17, 2015, 01:06:59 AM
Bleacher report still around?
I read some time ago there was an effort to improve the schoolyard writing but i wasnt impressed and havent kept up.
Should I?

Unfortunately yes they are, but as far as articles go that one was pretty basic. All it needed to include was an epic troll job on the Penguins and I'm happy with it. :D

This streak by the Rangers of games decided by one goal is impressive (15 and counting I believe after yesterday's 2-1 win over TB, and dating back to last year's playoffs)...but I don't know how well I'd be handling that as a fan.  :o

I seriously couldn't care less who wins between Anaheim and Chicago in the West, and I'm still debating which team and fanbase I despise more in that series. Both of their fanbases are full of bandwagoning prom night dumpster babies, but Corey Perry may give the edge to Anaheim in the douchebaggery category. May they beat the hell out of each other for 7 full games complete with multiple OTs (each game), and be easy pickings for whatever team comes out of the East.

Crewe

Lol norm, we would so get along!
I dig the Rangers. I like a lot of the players, plus one of the coaches is Scott Arniel who played in Houston when the Aeros returned in the 90's.
He was a fan favorite and having met him, i can say, a darn nice fella, so i wish good things for him.
That said, i like some of TB too, but i just cant get over a team being in TB and worse, being called the Lightning. However they do have kind of a reputable GM.
I echo everything you said about the West

TheNorm

I may be slightly partial to Tampa's GM as well, more than likely from his playing days though (best #19 I've ever seen play).  8)

So as much as I love OT playoff hockey I made it through about two OTs of the Bandwagon Douchebag Fanbase Series (aka WCF), including Shaw's header into the net that was (rightfully) waved off. At the end of that second OT I finally realized there really is a limit to how long I can watch two teams I absolutely loathe play, even with playoff OT involved. With any luck they'll beat the crap out of each other that way for the rest of the series.

Crewe

Lol that header was epic!
I watched it all, but had to realize i was going to be disapointed no matter what.
Sadly, i like a few of the Hawks, but man, just...cant...do it

TheNorm

A friend of mine put it best: Anaheim's a turd sandwich but rooting for the Hawks would be like rooting for a lobotomy on yourself, so here we are. As much as I'd like this series to go 7 games, I still think one of my favorite moments from last season was seeing crying Hawks bandwagoners after LA beat them in OT of Game 7 in their own house. It was a great feeling and I wouldn't mind seeing that again tonight. I'm such an asshole.  :D #chidenfreude

Crewe

Lol well game 7's are wild!
I love it just for that reason.
Like we said earlier, no matter who, its the East for us.
I think NY matches up better against Chicago and TB v the duckies but thats me.
Kesler v his old mates would be interesting, but im going for NY first