News:

UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

Batman: Arkham Knight

Started by TheNorm, May 28, 2015, 11:04:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheNorm

Less than a month away before this game drops and I can't f'ing wait. This is the main reason I bought a PS4, and with Rocksteady back behind the helm for this one to end their trilogy I don't think I'll be disappointed.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/05/28/on-the-edge-of-control-in-batman-arkham-knight

Batman: Arkham Knight
Release Date: June 23
Publisher: Rocksteady Studios
Platforms: PS4, inferior microsoft console, PC
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

Crewe

I can see this game will be beyond my skills

TheNorm

LOL-if the game somehow falls within my skillset, I think you're safe.  :P
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

Crewe

TheNorm

Cot damn this game is so f'ing incredible so far.  :woot:
I was slightly worried by a couple of early reviews that felt the Batmobile segments felt forced, but I don't feel that way at all. I think Rocksteady made it a necessary part for the game and it simply works. Nice to see Kevin Conroy (Batman TAS) back as Batman again - he wasn't the voice in Origins and I could tell the difference. Can't wait to play this game some more over the next few weeks. :)

Don't click the spoiler button if you don't want surprises ruined (you've been warned).

Spoiler
And damn it's nice to see Mark Hamill back as the Joker again...that's about as spoilery as I'm getting with the story so far. :D

rollntider

didnt realize this was released already. I need to get this game...

Sakura

Someone posted up the ending (and the stuff leading up to the ending) before the game was officially out, and honestly, that ending was cheesier than anything I'd seen in a AAA title. Then my friend informed me that it was the same story as Batman Beyond, or some other cartoon show/movie.  I don't know if that's true, but honestly, the big reveal and the ending were both hilarious to me.

Spoiler
Honestly though, Scarecrow Batman is way more effective than Batman was, and seeing a Batman that looks like he rose from the depths of hell caught me offguard.  As soon as that scream began, I kind of liked it, it gave Batman a terror aspect that Batman just never really had.  The Bat actually seemed like something criminals would be afraid of, rather than just nervous about.

Sakura

Oh also, Warner Bros has apparently suspended all copies of Arkham Knight from being sold until it gets fixed properly.  So if you don't currently own the game, then you're screwed.  I hadn't planned to buy the game myself, but it's definitely not enjoyable for those who did.

rollntider

adding to what Sakura said....

QuoteThe PC version of Batman: Arkham Knight is a bit of a mess at the moment, but it's also the only version with a mod that allows you to swap between any playable character in free roam with the push of a button.

Tired of playing as Batman? Press F2 and play as Harley Quinn, the crazed anti-hero on a quest to make up for bad DLC. Or F1 to clean up the street of Gotham City as the Red Hood, ultra-violent vigilante with surrogate daddy issues. There are ten additional characters in all, several of which I will not list as to avoid spoilers.

Warning—the video linked below as well as its YouTube description features character spoilers for Batman: Arkham Knight.

It's all possible thanks to a mod created by Wastelander121 and MrJAG, now available for download via a link in the Batman Arkham Videos video description (via Polygon).

Between mods like this and Rocksteady's ongoing patches and fixes, perhaps one the PC version will be remembered as the ultimate haha. Sorry.

http://kotaku.com/batman-arkham-knight-mod-makes-everybody-playable-in-f-1714534559

TheNorm

Finally finished this game, the main story anyway. Decided to watch the 100% knightfall protocol ending online because I can't stand all that Riddler stuff, but I got the rest of Gotham's Most Wanted. Fun game and great job once again by Rocksteady to go all out in a Batman game.

rollntider

great to hear... It will be on my to get list