News:

UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

2018 Off-Season/Season

Started by BojackHorsefella, January 12, 2018, 03:51:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BojackHorsefella

Quote from: Crewe on October 17, 2018, 10:36:34 AM
yea Astros just looked run down. Of course beaning a run in and a granny doesn't help the mood.

I mean, they were down 3-2 but they were still in it until Osuna imploded.

Crewe

They were in it but the bats were silenced by pretty good pitching.
Im hoping we can get in to their bullpen soon in game 4

Crewe

Too many guys LOB, pitchers struggled, just all out of sync. Despite that, we still had a shot at winning this series, but the better team won.
Ill be pulling for the Sox or the Brewers, certainly not that cancerous Dodger fan base. I actually like the LA team, just their fans are second to only Philly IMO.

Crewe

Well, they figured out how to finally force me to watch ads and I hate it hate it hate it.
Might as well get used to it, because this ad strategy will be ubiquitous in no time.

TheNorm

Quote from: Crewe on October 27, 2018, 10:57:42 PM
Well, they figured out how to finally force me to watch ads and I hate it hate it hate it.
Might as well get used to it, because this ad strategy will be ubiquitous in no time.

???
What'd I miss? Only been casually watching this WS and missed a good portion of Game 4...
Speaking of which, these last two games in LA have been fun even if there was no way in hell I was staying up to 3:30 in the morning to catch that 18 inning affair lol
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

Crewe

haha, yea its been a fun series and I hope the Sox close them out tomorrow. Im really really sad that the Dodgers made it back to the WS and we didn't, but then, we did lose to the best team in baseball. Cant help it if the NL is shit lol

As for the ads, whenever there is a brief stoppage on the field, the PIP an ad, usually a 15 or 20 second variety.
And its not during a regular tv commercial spot, i.e. pitching change, but a catcher visit to the mound and the like, extremely annoying and it really aggravates me, probably moreso than the average person.

TheNorm

Ah, gotcha. I've seen something similar during *cough*WWE broadcasts*cough* where they'll do stuff like that and have been for awhile. Hell, sometimes during commercial breaks they'll have the wrestling action as the PIP while the ad plays.
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

Crewe

yea, I've seen in it at times, like NASCAR races where they will PIP the race while showing commercials but this is just so invasive to me, I really hate it.