News:

UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

NBA 2K19

Started by TheNorm, January 09, 2019, 09:17:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheNorm

In real life, I love Steph Curry's game. But in this game, I hate guarding him and playing his team in general lol.

Western Conference Finals, Game 1
Golden State - 98, Houston - 93

Led by Steph Curry's 35 points, the Warriors take home court advantage from the Rockets in a game that went back and fourth in the final quarter. Golden State led by 10 at the half, but Houston was able to rally back in the second half off of N. Ryan's 14 points and Harden's 12. Rockets even briefly held the lead late in the 4th, but couldn't hold on. With 20 seconds remaining and the Warriors holding a slim one point lead, Curry found Kevin Durant in the corner for a back breaking 3-pointer that the Rockets couldn't overcome. Game 2 scheduled for my next day off, that KD trey at the end hurt me a bit lol
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

Crewe

Quote from: TheNorm on May 14, 2019, 12:00:41 AM
In real life, I love Steph Curry's game. But in this game, I hate guarding him and playing his team in general lol.

Western Conference Finals, Game 1
Golden State - 98, Houston - 93

Led by Steph Curry's 35 points, the Warriors take home court advantage from the Rockets in a game that went back and fourth in the final quarter. Golden State led by 10 at the half, but Houston was able to rally back in the second half off of N. Ryan's 14 points and Harden's 12. Rockets even briefly held the lead late in the 4th, but couldn't hold on. With 20 seconds remaining and the Warriors holding a slim one point lead, Curry found Kevin Durant in the corner for a back breaking 3-pointer that the Rockets couldn't overcome. Game 2 scheduled for my next day off, that KD trey at the end hurt me a bit lol

Lol

Houston can't beat GS in any fashion lol

TheNorm

Western Conference Finals, Game 2
Golden State - 81, Houston - 88

Despite 20 first half points from the Warriors Kevin Durant, the Rockets used a strong defensive second half to overcome a 12 point halftime deficit to tie up the series at one game a piece. Houston was paced by Carmelo Anthony's 24 points, and rookie PG Norm Ryan continued his strong postseason with 14 points and 11 assists.

These games have been a challenge but they're fun lol...thought for sure we were done for when GS was up 13 mid-3rd quarter.
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

TheNorm

Western Conference Finals, Game 3
Houston - 95, Golden State - 89

Led by rookie PG Norm Ryan's 19 points and 9 assists, the Rockets were able to take back home court advantage and take a 2-1 series lead. The game featured 11 lead changes and was not decided until the final 30 seconds. The Warriors Steph Curry went for 28 2nd quarter points but went cold in the second half. Game 4 scheduled for my next day off.

The reason I can only play one of these games at a time is because they've been so intense lol.

TheNorm

Western Conference Finals, Game 4
Houston - 97, Golden State - 71

Norm Ryan was again the catalyst for the Rockets with 24 points and 7 assists. The two time defending champion Golden State Warriors now find themselves on the brink of elimination. James Harden also chipped in 21 points in the blowout victory that had Warriors fans heading for the exits with plenty of time left in the 4th quarter. The Rockets were lethal from 3 point land, going 16 of 21 beyond the arc.

Western Conference Finals, Game 5
Golden State - 89, Houston - 99

The Rockets clamped down on defense in the 4th quarter and were able to punch their ticket to the NBA Finals! James Harden scored 31 points while Clint Capela chipped in 18, more than enough to offset Kevin Durant's 28. Steph Curry and Klay Thompson, typically lethal from beyond the arc, were cold in the last two games of this series. Rockets PG Norm Ryan had only 10 points, but also had 8 assists.

Houston will now face the Eastern Conference Champion Toronto Raptors, who beat the Boston Celtics in 7 games.

All it took for the Rockets to make the Finals is a change in PG and Chris Paul riding the pine lol

Rigg44

Do you ever play Rec center or the park? I have an 81 overall lock down center, perhaps we could team up for a game or two.

TheNorm

Haven't yet, but once I can wrap up this season I probably will-would love to run online like that! Count me in.

TheNorm

You know what's fun? Dribbling out the clock in a Game 5, your team up by 20 and seconds away from winning an NBA Championship, and then you get a "2KSports is having trouble connecting to the server" before being booted back out to the main menu. Then when you jump back in, the entire game you just played is gone from the system and you're right back at the pregame show before Game 5. Real treat.  >:(  >:(

On the plus side, in the replay of Game 5 I erased the 5 turnovers I had the first time around and the game was pretty much over by halftime.

Yours truly is your NBA Finals MVP for the Houston Rockets, averaging a double-double with 19.8 points and 10.2 assists.

Somewhat disappointing is that once you hit the offseason where it highlights who won awards (Steph Curry was league MVP, while I made All-Rookie Second Team), the game jumps straight to the following season without even highlighting who may have moved around in the offseason. Really hope that's not how it is in other modes as well, because I was really looking forward to trying my hand at MyLeague with some custom rosters and an undecided draft class.

Crewe

well that sucks.
Why connecting to servers in single player though?

I don't like jumping right into the next season either. The Show goes through an offseason cycle displaying retirees, HOF members and the like. Pretty cool.

TheNorm

Yep, was expecting the same here.

FYI, this game goes on sale tomorrow on the PSN for $2.99.

BojackHorsefella

Quote from: TheNorm on June 06, 2019, 10:51:34 AM

Holy shit, where'd you even see that?

TheNorm

What, the sale price? Just posted it, Days of Play deals on PSN go live tomorrow.  :)

Crewe

$2.99? silly question, but is it worth it? lol

TheNorm

Quote from: Crewe on June 06, 2019, 02:09:57 PM

$2.99? silly question, but is it worth it? lol

I enjoyed it but YMMV lol. Cheaper than a Starbucks coffee. Online community is pretty robust too so even if MyCareer isn't your thing you can start a season with a whole bunch of customizable options. I almost started one where the draft included members of the 1993 draft class (Chris Webber, Penny Hardaway, etc) along with the draft class of last season. To be fair I didn't even know that was a possibility and I may have stumbled upon it by accident lol. But getting to start a league with players from different years would be awesome.

Crewe

yea I don't do online lol
For 3 bucks, mightiest give it a go