News:

UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

Top RTS games

Started by rollntider, January 16, 2017, 06:30:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rollntider

Going through some stuff cleaning up I found some old games and made me think of my top RTS games.

My overall favorite is Starcraft 2 love that game

Starcraft / Brood war would probably be my 2nd

Submarine titans would probably be my 3rd favaorite. It was like Starcraft in the ocean but with 2 races. You had humans (good and bad races) and aliens
Come on GOG.com and make it available

Rise of Nations - re released on steam, still love it

Age of Empires 2 / Mythology / star wars

the first 2 were remade HD and re released on steam. New expansions also have been released. These games are pretty much the same

Command and conquer Red Alert 2

Dawn of War 2

Spent many hours on this and for those that dont like resource management this game may be for you.

Dark Colony

Come on GOG.com make this game available.

Sakura

Only problem with Broodwar is it doesn't work right on modern Windows OSes, and Blizzard said they'd "try and figure out a solution" a few years ago and nothing ever came of it.

rollntider

starcraft mass recall will allow you to play it in the new SC 2 engine

https://www.sc2mapster.com/projects/starcraft-mass-recall

rollntider

also a few of those probably wont play on modern computers either. Thats why I am hoping GOG will rerelease some of those games.

rollntider

I fired up brood wars tonight on the original game.... it worked after I disabled crossfire on my video cards.... was impressed it worked :D

cflnut

Quote from: rollntider on January 17, 2017, 07:21:30 PM
also a few of those probably wont play on modern computers either. Thats why I am hoping GOG will rerelease some of those games.

Age of Empires 2 plays fine on windows 10 I never had any issues with it.

Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds however won't install on anything beyond windows XP. Would be nice if Steam would pick that one up I did enjoy it. Even though it was insanely easy.
If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense.
Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't.
And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would.

rollntider

I havent Firedup SWGB in ages... I may have to do that... loved it back in the day.

rollntider

Sakura

Been playing a ton of Starcraft since the update patch (which I guess also coincided with the free release), it's amazing to see people on the servers for a change.  Can't wait for the remaster.

rollntider

I am waiting on the remaster also. In the mean time I am enjoying SC2