UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

The Top 5 Thread

Started by TheNorm, July 30, 2017, 07:57:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BojackHorsefella

Quote from: Rigg44 on November 07, 2019, 03:55:15 PM
3. Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mayhem- AAAAAAA I am Animal

I don't even know if I can think of 5 fictional bands that haven't already been mentioned, so let me just say A) I think Rigg has won and B) I'll add one fictional band: The Lone Rangers.

TheNorm

Top 5 Bill Withers Tunes

1. Ain't No Sunshine
2. Use Me
3. Lovely Day
4. Just the Two of Us
5. Lean on Me
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

TheNorm

Let's hear it: your Top 5 movies that aren't part of a franchise or a sequel...

1. Inception
2. The Sting
3. Shawshank Redemption
4. Boyz N The Hood
5. The Goonies
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

Crewe

What constitutes a franchise? The Sting had a sequel is why I ask ;-)

Crewe

And, my five

Goodfellas
12 Angry Men
Holy Grail
Big Lebowski
What About Bob

TheNorm

Quote from: Crewe on November 21, 2019, 12:02:25 PM
What constitutes a franchise? The Sting had a sequel is why I ask ;-)

Ah, dammit.

Crewe

Rigg44

Let's hear it: your Top 5 movies that aren't part of a franchise or a sequel...

1. The Princess Bride
2. Texas State of Mind
3. Shawshank Redemption
4. Patton
5. Dale and Tucker Vs Evil

TheNorm

Top Five Movies You're Looking Forward to in 2020

Top Gun: Maverick
In the Heights
Tenet
Wonder Woman 84
No Time to Die (007)

Crewe

Quote from: TheNorm on December 29, 2019, 05:46:23 AM
Top Five Movies You're Looking Forward to in 2020

Top Gun: Maverick
In the Heights
Tenet
Wonder Woman 84
No Time to Die (007)

that sounds good, lets go with that

Crewe

Top 5 Car Chase Scenes.

All time, your best...

Blues Brothers.
I mean, cmon...lotsa space in this mall

French Connection
Talk about a chase on the fly! This scene was filmed with no net and is one of the best.

Ronin
DeNiro in another of the best. This one is exceptionally tense and realistic, except some of the explosions seem too manufactured. Still...

Bullitt
You want muscle cars?

Fury Road
I went with this one just because of the sheer vastness of it and the fact that most if not all of the CGI was background.

TheNorm

Some amazing ones there, absolutely love the Blues Brothers and French Connection!

Here's mine (in no particular order)

The Blues Brothers - can't really leave this off the list, the video clip is in the previous post lol

The French Connection - have to include this on the list too, especially when you hear the story behind it all.

Gone in 60 Seconds
Nic Cage being Nic Cage. A Shelby Mustang 67. A car chase scene so epic I can only find it broken down on YT in parts.

https://youtu.be/qNTey5zbc8Q

Baby Driver
This could double as one of the best opens to a movie as well. It's got it all: the scene, the setup, a glimpse of Elia Gonzalez, the music, the action...and Elia Gonzalez. This scene drew me in for the rest of the movie.

https://youtu.be/6XMuUVw7TOM

John Wick, Chapter 2
Great chase scene, and also a warning as to why you just don't mess with John Wick's stuff.

https://youtu.be/8UuHjjPPJH4

Really wanted to put some chases from the Fast & Furious movies, but too many to choose from so I'll leave this list as such.

Crewe

As a Mustang fan and previous owner, can I just say eff yea on the Shelby lol
Forgot about JW 2!
And who could forget Elza Gonzalez?  :D

TheNorm

Quote from: Crewe on February 13, 2020, 03:33:19 PM
Forgot about JW 2!

My dream car is either a 67 Shelby Mustang or a 58 Corvette. Classic beauties.

And good lord, Eiza Gonzalez lol...crushed on her from the word go. She wasn't in Hobbs & Shaw nearly as much as I would've liked.

Crewe

Quote from: TheNorm on February 16, 2020, 03:23:07 PM
Quote from: Crewe on February 13, 2020, 03:33:19 PM
Forgot about JW 2!

My dream car is either a 67 Shelby Mustang or a 58 Corvette. Classic beauties.

And good lord, Eiza Gonzalez lol...crushed on her from the word go. She wasn't in Hobbs & Shaw nearly as much as I would've liked.

My first car was a 67 Mustang Fastback, hence my love affair lol I loved the late 60's style, especially the convertible, but the hard top starting losing me in the 70's, mainly with that Coupe style. Didnt care for anything more in the 70's, 80's and 90's till around 05 or 08, whenever the reverted back to the original style.
Those classic Corvettes are something for sure, although I think I might go with the C2 version as my favorite, but hard to go wrong with any, sans the 80's styles.