News:

UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

Fantasy Football Keeper Help

Started by TheNorm, August 22, 2019, 08:53:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheNorm

So I've been in a keeper league for the last 6 years. This is the first one I remember where I've got some decisions to make, so I'm turning here for some discussion and thoughts on it.

QB: Tom Brady, Baker Mayfield
RB: David Johnson, Kerryon Johnson
WR: Davante Adams, Stefon Diggs, AJ Green
TE: Travis Kelce, Jared Cook

Out of those names, I can keep 5. Where I'm leaning:

QB: Mayfield over Brady
RB: David Johnson
WR: Adams and Diggs over Green, even though Diggs having weak loser Kirk Cousins as his QB has me questioning it
TE: Travis Kelce (everyone gets touches in KC's offense)

Thoughts?
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

Rigg44

Quote from: TheNorm on August 22, 2019, 08:53:45 AM
So I've been in a keeper league for the last 6 years. This is the first one I remember where I've got some decisions to make, so I'm turning here for some discussion and thoughts on it.

QB: Tom Brady, Baker Mayfield
RB: David Johnson, Kerryon Johnson
WR: Davante Adams, Stefon Diggs, AJ Green
TE: Travis Kelce, Jared Cook

Out of those names, I can keep 5. Where I'm leaning:

QB: Mayfield over Brady
RB: David Johnson
WR: Adams and Diggs over Green, even though Diggs having weak loser Kirk Cousins as his QB has me questioning it
TE: Travis Kelce (everyone gets touches in KC's offense)

Thoughts?
I agree on Brady with the limited info we have on Baker.  We all know that the wheels have to come off the Brady train sometime soon.  It will be this year or next, INMO. Mayfield is still a risk but a safer play than Brady long term. All your other choices are solid as well.  As far as Diggs goes, I think he is more productive than Green on a week to week basis.  Green has more of a home run potential but Diggs is more consistent.  Just my 2 cents.

BojackHorsefella

I'd be curious to know what picks you're giving up to keep each one. Also, isn't AJ Green injured right now?

TheNorm

Quote from: Rigg44 on August 22, 2019, 09:25:18 AM

I agree on Brady with the limited info we have on Baker.  We all know that the wheels have to come off the Brady train sometime soon.  It will be this year or next, INMO. Mayfield is still a risk but a safer play than Brady long term. All your other choices are solid as well.  As far as Diggs goes, I think he is more productive than Green on a week to week basis.  Green has more of a home run potential but Diggs is more consistent.  Just my 2 cents.

Yeah, with Brady losing Gronk I have to imagine he's due a setback. Green's been a keeper the last few seasons but his injury status is starting to pile up.

Quote from: BojackHorsefella on August 22, 2019, 11:34:16 AM
I'd be curious to know what picks you're giving up to keep each one. Also, isn't AJ Green injured right now?

In the league everyone gets five keepers, so no picks being given up...and since my team absolutely bombed last season I'm picking either first or second.
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

TheNorm

Keeping Mayfield over Brady is paying off already. 🤦🏽‍♂️🙄

Rigg44

Quote from: TheNorm on September 08, 2019, 04:17:27 PM
Keeping Mayfield over Brady is paying off already. 🤦🏽‍♂️🙄

LOL if only we could see the future :)

BojackHorsefella

Admittedly I'm not aware of Kelce's or Cook's output so far this season, but between injuries and lackluster performances, you may've been snakebit before choosing any of your keepers.

TheNorm

Lol...I think Kelce is the only one out of those players that had been doing halfway decent.

Somehow that team is 5-4 and in 4th place though...Kyler Murray has been decent as my QB, and WRs are carrying the day. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯