News:

UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

A good youtube page

Started by rollntider, September 29, 2017, 05:16:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rollntider

Here is one I caught myself watching and eventually subscribing. Its a retro tech that I really enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLx053rWZxCiYWsBETgdKrQ

Sakura

I thought his videos were a bit annoying even when I was watching them, the way he repeats himself and the factual inaccuracies were the real annoyance, but then I saw the video where he admits that he doesn't really collect this stuff at home and that he's got a storage locker where he keeps everything.  Guy basically grabs anything useful/good, but he doesn't use it or intend to use it, he just buys it for his collection, which to me is the same as the guys who buy up every copy of every Nintendo game they find, even if they already have 12 copies, because m-muh collection value.

He gets paid $5200 a month on Patreon, and he can't even be bothered to do a little fact checking on things.  And he grabs anything of interest that other people might want to use, with no intention of actually using it himself.  Honestly, I have to wonder who these people who pay Patreontubers.  You go onto any small time YouTuber and see their patreon and you just have to wonder who the hell is paying all that money.  17 people are paying $30+ a month to this guy, and he doesn't even have a bronze play button.  It honestly looks like people are laundering money.

rollntider

I havent found where he was inaccurate on purpose. I have found several sites that have facts that contradict each other, so I can't fault him if he took a different source. I have seen several discrepancies in the microsoft stories from various documentaries. 

As for "Hoarding" who really is going to use a 386 sound card from 1993? He is given alot of stuff by donations. His main shtick is collecting boxed old games and old computers. With everything digital now days and no one saved the boxes (mostly)  I believe he is hoarding to archive it. Even if it is for himself, I have no issue with it. He has said numerous times he would have no room in his house if he kept it there. So he moved it to storage.  Points we may disagree on, but another view ;)

In a few of his unboxing videos he would mention that something he has gotten is better than what he had so he would be selling the other. So I don't believe he is keeping 12 copies of something.

We will disagree on his usefulness, but you bring up some points.