UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

30 Days of TV Challenge

Started by TheNorm, February 05, 2018, 08:58:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheNorm

Day 26
First tv show obsession

Going way back to little kid days for these ones, as they used to play the reruns on the local station in Detroit back in the late 70s...

Ultraman

and...

Johnny Sokko and His Flying Robot

It's one of those things you don't realize until much later - how much I liked seeing someone that looked like me on tv. I gravitated toward this stuff and the old martial arts movies they'd show on Saturday nights around here. So yeah, I was mesmerized by watching this stuff growing up.
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

rollntider

Quote from: Bucfever on March 01, 2018, 10:58:24 PM
As much as I love the pilot for Six Feet Under, I will not choose it.

I kind of want to go either Breaking Bad or Mad Men. But I'm going to go in a very different direction.

This show came out in, I think, 2001 and I thought it looked like the dumbest piece of garbage in the world. I gave it a chance when it aired, though, and like most of the country I was extremely entertained by the antics of one SpongeBob SquarePants.

Still love this show, even if it went to crap. The two movies are both incredibly funny though.
Awesome choice. I watched that show with my kids.

Quote from: TheNorm on March 01, 2018, 09:30:08 PM
Quote from: rollntider on March 01, 2018, 08:17:27 PM

Day 24
Most shocking season finale

Battlestar Galactica, shocking cause it was so bad. Took the shine off of a good series.

LOL...oddly enough I still haven't watched the last season.

that last season was lackluster and the way it ended ...ugh. We had debates at work what runined the last season, but the last episode is usually a consensus.

Day 25
Best pilot episode

Walking dead, BSG and Sopranos were great. Probably the strongest first episode was House of cards for me, after that first episode I binged watched like hell I think I finished the series in one day.  Now the show I think is gone and has not been as good after the 2nd season, but that first episode was on point.

rollntider

Quote from: TheNorm on March 02, 2018, 11:59:30 PM

Day 26
First tv show obsession

Going way back to little kid days for these ones, as they used to play the reruns on the local station in Detroit back in the late 70s...

Ultraman

I loved that show back then, I could not tell you what it was about now LOL.

Mine was probably Masters of the Universe

Crewe

Three Stooges was a must for me.
If you want my first adult one, I'd think it was SOAP

TheNorm

Day 27
Current tv show obsession

Along the lines of shows currently on tv (or released on Netflix) that I have to watch when it airs or catch up with as soon as possible...I don't really have one. Master of None on Netflix might be the closest for me.
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

BojackHorsefella

Day 26:

Dragon Ball Z. No doubt. I used to tape it for my brother too, so he could watch after football practice.

Day 27:
Bojack Horseman, without a doubt.

Crewe

TheNorm

Two for today since I wasn't around yesterday...

Day 28
Saddest character death

Joyce Summers, Buffy the Vampire Slayer - it was shocking, sudden, and the ensuing episode was absolutely gutwrenching, dealing with everyone finding out and the grief process that follows. It's even more shocking than the death in the season finale that year simply because everyone expected that other character to come back (barring cancellation).

Day 29
Show you would change the series ending to

How I Met Your Mother - hell I'd even go so far as changing the entire final season. Almost ruined the entire series for me. Specifically:

Spoiler
1. Tracy (the Mother) doesn't die, meaning her and Ted are still together.
2. Either Barney and Robin stay together or the marriage storyline gets completely scrapped...spend a huge portion of the final season on their wedding days only to have them divorce shortly after? Infuriating.

BojackHorsefella

Saddest death: Owen on Boardwalk Empire. I almost went with Richard Harrow, but to see a character who was so likeable and who we thought was going to be Margaret's salvation, get so brutalized was unexpected.

Day 29
If I could change the last 3 or 4 seasons, Dexter. But if it's just the series finale, then Seinfeld. That show deserved a lot better than it got.

Before someone else says it, The Sopranos season finale is perfect.

TheNorm

Made it through another one! Thanks again to all of you that have participated and shared your personal favorites.  :woot: The next one will probably start in the next day or two.

In the meantime, have some fun with this one...it's not one of the typical questions on these, but I hope it's a little more entertaining than "Best Kiss".

Day 30
You can insert yourself into the world of one show, as either a supporting character or replacing one of the main characters. What show would it be? ...and yes, you have all the talents necessary to carry out said roles.

The West Wing - I would love to be a member of the Bartlet administration, maybe even Josh or Toby's position. Just being a part of a Sorkin production though...wow.

BojackHorsefella

Curb Your Enthusiasm. Honestly, that has to be just such a fun time on set, every day.

rollntider

Day 28
Saddest character death

Adriana on Sopranos... in a no win situation

Day 29

Battlestar Galactica .... I would have made it good and made sense and not be stupid as hell.

Quote from: TheNorm on March 06, 2018, 11:18:04 AM
Made it through another one! Thanks again to all of you that have participated and shared your personal favorites.  :woot: The next one will probably start in the next day or two.

In the meantime, have some fun with this one...it's not one of the typical questions on these, but I hope it's a little more entertaining than "Best Kiss".

Day 30
You can insert yourself into the world of one show, as either a supporting character or replacing one of the main characters. What show would it be? ...and yes, you have all the talents necessary to carry out said roles.

The West Wing - I would love to be a member of the Bartlet administration, maybe even Josh or Toby's position. Just being a part of a Sorkin production though...wow.

Again thanks for doing this. I enjoy these.

Day 30
Sopranos or Breaking Bad or even early seasons of Walking Dead.

Crewe

Quote from: TheNorm on March 05, 2018, 01:58:38 PM
Two for today since I wasn't around yesterday...

Day 28
Saddest character death

Joyce Summers, Buffy the Vampire Slayer - it was shocking, sudden, and the ensuing episode was absolutely gutwrenching, dealing with everyone finding out and the grief process that follows. It's even more shocking than the death in the season finale that year simply because everyone expected that other character to come back (barring cancellation).

Day 29

How I Met Your Mother - hell I'd even go so far as changing the entire final season. Almost ruined the entire series for me. Specifically:

Spoiler
1. Tracy (the Mother) doesn't die, meaning her and Ted are still together.
2. Either Barney and Robin stay together or the marriage storyline gets completely scrapped...spend a huge portion of the final season on their wedding days only to have them divorce shortly after? Infuriating.

day 28
I think Adriana from the Sopranos. She was so in love with Christopher but the Feds tagged her, abused her and put her in harms way when she did nothing really wrong to warrant that behavior. She was bait because they knew she was a good trusting person at heart.
the way she was just thrown away was a perfectly executed heartless mob tactic and she didnt deserve it.

day 29
Deadwood.
They didnt know until after the season was complete that they were canceled so it left the ending kinda fruitless as it wasn't supposed to b a series ending finale.

Crewe

ha! tider, I didnt even see you day 28 until after I posted lol We match!

Day 30

There are two worlds Im fascinated with; Mobsters and History of the Southwest 1865-1900
I think id fare better in Deadwood or Tombstone than I would in Sopranos or Goodfellas but those would be my choices.
For a character? Id love to have had the balls to be Joe Pistone from Donnie Brasco. True story, check him out.

Thanks for doing this norm, good fun!

rollntider

Quote from: Crewe on March 06, 2018, 05:24:15 PM
ha! tider, I didnt even see you day 28 until after I posted lol We match!

Day 30

There are two worlds Im fascinated with; Mobsters and History of the Southwest 1865-1900
I think id fare better in Deadwood or Tombstone than I would in Sopranos or Goodfellas but those would be my choices.
For a character? Id love to have had the balls to be Joe Pistone from Donnie Brasco. True story, check him out.

Thanks for doing this norm, good fun!

Great minds think alike :)