News:

UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

Watch Dogs

Started by TheNorm, May 23, 2014, 05:09:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheNorm

I think everyone has heard about it at this point, but the game (by Ubisoft Montreal) finally drops on Tuesday May 27 across multiple platforms. :) I'll have impressions for the PS3 version sometime late next week (yeah, I bought the hype but the story has looked entertaining to me for months). In the meantime, here's the launch trailer...

"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

rollntider

that does look good... man

Crewe

then hurry up and finish it and send it to me lol

Crewe

whats the word dog?

This game, along with GTA and the Last of Us high on anticipation and reviews even after release always give me pause and the reason is, I seemingly find the one logical, fair well thought out negative review that stick with me.
Ill bypass a hundred "it's a great game" reviews with no substance to one that tells me why it's not up to par.
Doesnt mean they are right, just means I buy into it most times.

rollntider

So you ain't getting it?  I am hoping the ps4 will have a last of us bundle.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

TheNorm

Just got it in the mail this evening, and haven't had a chance to fire it up yet. Probably won't get to fire it up until tomorrow, so we'll see...
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

TheNorm

Graphics are really nice, even on the PS3. Controls are okay, a bit to get used to and the storyline is intriguing. One thing I'm not liking are the load times should you fail a mission-definitely a bit annoying (especially in the parts where you need to go into stealth mode).
But this story has me wanting to play more.

Crewe

how this one going norm?
This or GTA V?

bigbaldben

Watchdogs and GTA are unfortunately non starters in a house with 2 boys.

TheNorm

This game has kind of hit the back burner for me-still want to finish off a few other games first before I get to this one. In hindsight, I probably shouldn't have bought this day one. Haha

bigbaldben

Spoken like a true gamer.   ;D