Main Menu

Urban Meyer is in deep ****

Started by TheNorm, August 02, 2018, 11:04:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheNorm

https://twitter.com/Brett_McMurphy/status/1024661186976141312
https://twitter.com/Brett_McMurphy/status/1024677720918294528
https://twitter.com/WatchStadium/status/1024690700217200640

Look, if he lied about it (and by all indications he has, there's no way his wife doesn't tell him something like this), the university can and should fire him.
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

rollntider

Looks like ole Urbs is gonna escape this. This reminds me of when Auburn gets in trouble, the troops rally around the school and they all go in unison like a cult stating the same talking points.

TheNorm

Quote from: rollntider on August 07, 2018, 10:59:14 AM
Looks like ole Urbs is gonna escape this. This reminds me of when Auburn gets in trouble, the troops rally around the school and they all go in unison like a cult stating the same talking points.

Yeah, the longer this goes on the more I think he may just end up with a slap on the wrist. Maybe even a suspension until *gasp* the Penn State game.

Bottom line for me is this: even if what he says is true-that he reported this back in 2015-then he still knowingly kept a domestic abuser on his staff for three more years. He lied about not knowing to the press a few weeks back and now he says this. Yeah, I don't buy it.

Of course idiot buckeye fan is blaming almost everyone but Urban...morons.
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

TheNorm

OTOH...only 200 or so idiots showing up for a rally for Meyer gives me some hope.

https://twitter.com/Andy_Staples/status/1026614492631838720

TheNorm

Crewe

I don't get the migraine reference