News:

UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

2016 College Football Thread

Started by rollntider, January 26, 2016, 10:44:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheNorm

Penn State's on pace to give up anywhere from 10-49 points today.

Ah, this works too.

https://twitter.com/hooverstreet/status/816056463152087040
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

rollntider

Quote from: thaima1shu on January 02, 2017, 12:04:31 PM
Quote from: rollntider on December 31, 2016, 11:06:17 PM
Not a big fan of the conference talk either (boomer sooner anyone?), but kinda Funny the big 10 has been shut out 2 years in a row. :D

I really think Penn state would have given Clemson a better game.

Hats off to Washington, dude they were better than advertised.

I forgot to warn Thai of the rammer jammer cheer.....

It was impressive watching Alabama in person. First off, they're all enormous human beings. Secondly, watching them play two deep on what seemed like literally every play, press coverage on the outside, and stopping the run with only 6 or 7 defenders is incredible. That defense is just on another level.

I think Washington's defense held up very, very well given the struggles the offense was having. They were constantly put in bad field position and to only give up 17 points and force as many punts as they did left me quite satisfied. The offense obviously isn't there yet, as our offensive line can't hold up against that front and Jake Browning still has a lot of developing to do.

All in all, great experience and hopefully this is the start of things to come for Washington. A hell of a lot better than what I've been watching for the past 15 years.

Let me know what avatar I need to switch it up to!

Your choice on the avatar....

I was impressed with Washington's defense as well, outside of LSU I have not seen a better opposing defense.  I hope we face again in the playoffs...

TheNorm

https://twitter.com/GoBlueChic/status/816108265989898241

Ultimately best game of this bowl season though, I'll give it that (other than my personal favorite of watching the buckeyes get thrashed, but that's just me).

https://twitter.com/ericmichel/status/816112737336127488

Savage

"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

thaima1shu

LMAO that's brutal, but deserved.

rollntider

Thai you sure that avatar is small enough? I can still make out who it is :D (J/K)

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/early-lead/wp/2016/12/31/the-real-story-behind-the-alabama-washington-pre-peach-bowl-handshake/?postshare=2031483464374229&tid=ss_fb-bottom&utm_term=.7ba02d41acef

Was shocked to hear of the "Snub" when I got home,  considering I saw them shake hands LOL...

BTW Loved the sugar bowl, not a stoops fan, but anyone that makes Auburn look bad is ok in my book.

I was pulling for USC also over Penn State. They were a good team this year after about 4 games, They took a while to gel.

thaima1shu

Haha, there's something about the way the forums re-size custom avatars that makes them super small. I would've preferred it to be larger too!

TheNorm

Quote from: thaima1shu on January 05, 2017, 11:28:18 AM
Haha, there's something about the way the forums re-size custom avatars that makes them super small. I would've preferred it to be larger too!

This...not sure why that is.

TheNorm

That rematch was a classic. Sorry tider.

thaima1shu

Yeah it was an incredible game, though yeah, sorry tider.

rollntider

thanks guys, it was a classic and a pretty good game (even with the picks on those last 2 TDs :) ) sometimes it just isnt your day.

Eddie jackson and Shaun Dion Hamilton being out hurt like hell on our Defense. Our offense did us no favors by not sustaining drives (clemson had some say in that as well).

Can't win them all.... Oh well on to next year, Congrats Bucfever, you guys won a good one.

rollntider

One thing that aggravates me is how social media is portraying the fans saying we wont show up and support our team.

https://www.facebook.com/lori.young.3954/videos/10154424669684302/

facebook is buzzing about how there is no show of support from the bama fans....

Campus was on lockdown because of this.....  idiots...  can't hang around to greet team

http://www.wvtm13.com/article/tuscaloosa-police-investigating-report-of-robbery-at-alabama-credit-union/8581421

rollntider