News:

UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

Dying Light

Started by TheNorm, April 05, 2015, 01:38:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheNorm

Picked up this game for the PS4, not really knowing what to expect-really enjoyable so far. I like the open world zombie apocalypse stuff.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/01/27/dying-light-review
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

cflnut

I got it to, and it's very fun. But found that after a wile it gets repetitive, and rather easy as you level up and get better weapons.

My only complaint with the game is that some of the running challenges are a bit on the hard side. Almost bordering on the impossible. But since there optional it doesn't take away from the enjoyment.

Also there are a ton of hidden easter eggs in this game. Just go to YouTube and you'll find tons of video's
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=dying+light+easter+eggs

The Super Mario one is by far the best that I've seen

Not sure if all of these work on the console version [I believe they would] but they are still fun to watch.
If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense.
Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't.
And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would.

TheNorm

Hmm...might need to fire this up again and start over. Just realized they've been dropping free DLC for this game since last summer, and it should continue up until this summer.

"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

Laplant

Quote from: TheNorm on January 20, 2018, 11:40:44 AM
Hmm...might see why so many people love these energy drinks and need to fire this up again and start over. Just realized they've been dropping free DLC for this game since last summer, and it should continue up until this summer.

How are the DLC's for Dying Light? Did they add anything substantial? I haven't touched the game either since the first time I played it back when it was released.

rollntider

Quote from: Laplant on April 15, 2018, 10:00:38 AM
How are the DLC's for Dying Light? Did they add anything substantial? I haven't touched the game either since the first time I played it back when it was released.

This is one game I have not played but been interested in. Curious about this also. Also welcome to the forums Laplant.

TheNorm

Haven't played the DLC for this game yet either...sorry I can't help.