News:

UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

The Life Thread

Started by BojackHorsefella, May 14, 2018, 07:04:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crewe

Just checking in with everyone.
No major changes here...well, IK did have to put my dog down two weeks ago. Absolutely still wrecked.
I'm completely re writing the manuscript I wrote last year because I've learned so much more, now I know how bad it was lol
Still trying to get a short film in the can, hopefully by this summer.
Tax time  :-\

did not want KC to win, primarily because of Kelce.

I've heard the last Spidermman and Star Wars games were top notch but haven't tried them.

that's all I've got thus far....hope everyone is well

rollntider

Been remodeling my house. So its been taking some time to complete.

Sorry about the pup. They are family members and its hard.

Could not care less about the super bowl.  No team i wanted was in it. I used to be a KC chiefs fan so it feels odd to not pull for them or cowboys anymore.

I am liking the UFL (former XFL USFL)

Crewe

Quote from: rollntider on February 25, 2024, 01:16:18 AMBeen remodeling my house. So its been taking some time to complete.

Sorry about the pup. They are family members and its hard.

Could not care less about the super bowl.  No team i wanted was in it. I used to be a KC chiefs fan so it feels odd to not pull for them or cowboys anymore.

I am liking the UFL (former XFL USFL)

I am so removed from football now. It started a few years ago. It just grinds my gears that noone can decide on the definition of a penalty. There is no unity of any kind across games on any  Sunday, it's just so ridiculous. The SB was the only game I watched this year and I didn't even watch all of it. Just so disinterested.
I havent kept up with the UFL. Are they off the rails like XFL?

yea its hard losing my dog. I honestly dont think Ill get another. I love em so much, but it's just too damn hard. Time well tell.

What kind of remodeling? Due to damage or just desired upgrades?

BojackHorsefella

Quote from: Crewe on February 20, 2024, 05:48:59 PMJust checking in with everyone.
No major changes here...well, IK did have to put my dog down two weeks ago. Absolutely still wrecked.
I'm completely re writing the manuscript I wrote last year because I've learned so much more, now I know how bad it was lol

I've heard the last Spidermman and Star Wars games were top notch but haven't tried them.

Ugh, the dog thing sucks Crewe. We lost our eldest cat in April of last year, and it still hurts to this day. Meanwhile the current eldest cat was diagnosed with lymphoma last June and it's just a matter of time. Chemo's already given her a lot more time, but based on last week's appointment we're coming to the end as it's been getting less and less effective.

Sorry, not trying to trauma dump, just I understand that the pain of losing a friend that was literally there for you every day never goes away, but I'm sure you also gave that dog plenty of sunshine and happiness in his/her life too, and in time their memory will at least inspire a smile in addition to tears, as opposed to just tears right now. That's about the best that it gets.

Crewe

Quote from: BojackHorsefella on February 26, 2024, 04:16:34 PM
Quote from: Crewe on February 20, 2024, 05:48:59 PMJust checking in with everyone.

Ugh, the dog thing sucks Crewe. We lost our eldest cat in April of last year, and it still hurts to this day. Meanwhile the current eldest cat was diagnosed with lymphoma last June and it's just a matter of time. Chemo's already given her a lot more time, but based on last week's appointment we're coming to the end as it's been getting less and less effective.

Sorry, not trying to trauma dump, just I understand that the pain of losing a friend that was literally there for you every day never goes away, but I'm sure you also gave that dog plenty of sunshine and happiness in his/her life too, and in time their memory will at least inspire a smile in addition to tears, as opposed to just tears right now. That's about the best that it gets.

I appreciate the kind words and yes it certainly is not fun.
My status has almost reached acceptance I think, which is a far cry from where I was though.
I still look for him every time I come home :-(
Sometimes I feel sorta foolish about it, but this loss is on the level of my parents.

I'm sorry you are going through that as well. It's good to know you have more time via the treatment.
It's so hard to watch. I'm so glad I had help in being able to remove my selfishness from the situation, i.e., wanting him to be here longer. It would have been too much if I later realized I let him hurt, but at the time, you just want them with you.
Sincerest wishes man.