News:

UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

Your Unpopular Opinion

Started by TheNorm, October 09, 2017, 06:50:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheNorm

Oh good, blaming videogames to go along with stigmatizing mental health...again. I love it when they repeat their tired BS over and over again.
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

Crewe

It's just maddening.
You know, used to be, and in my lifetime even, politicians were smarter than the average person. Now, the truly uneducated are gaining control. Listen to them speak, it's 4th grade level nonsense. And I don't mean just King Firebreather, but more and more are becoming the norm. Why else would you let a supremely under qualified batshit twat be in charge of education policy in this country.

TheNorm

Chicago-style or New York-style for pizza?

Doesn't matter because Detroit-style pizza is better than both.
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

BojackHorsefella

So, before I make a smart ass comment, I have to ask: what is Detroit style?

TheNorm

Quote from: Bucfever on February 23, 2018, 07:09:10 PM
So, before I make a smart ass comment, I have to ask: what is Detroit style?

Read, young padawan: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Detroit-style_pizza
This article is good at explaining it as well: https://www.seriouseats.com/2017/02/how-to-make-detroit-style-pizza.html

...if you want to try a crappy version of it, check out Little Caesars. If you have a Jet's Pizza where you're at, order the deep dish as that's pretty damn close. In this area, it's all about Buddy's or Cloverleaf.

Crewe

Allow me to preface with this prior to entering this war....I like all pizza lol

If it's Chicago V NY, I will opt for NY. I have to add, that's vs Chicago deep dish because I think Chicago can also entail a stuff crust or stuffed pizza. Further, I'm not sure how true the chi styles are down here in Texas. I imagine it's like me in the Dakotas looking for chili.
I had no clue about Detroit style but it sounds really good, so norm, in order for me to judge fairly....your treat? 😎

TheNorm

Quote from: Crewe on February 23, 2018, 11:35:58 PM
Allow me to preface with this prior to entering this war....I like all pizza lol

If it's Chicago V NY, I will opt for NY. I have to add, that's vs Chicago deep dish because I think Chicago can also entail a stuff crust or stuffed pizza. Further, I'm not sure how true the chi styles are down here in Texas. I imagine it's like me in the Dakotas looking for chili.
I had no clue about Detroit style but it sounds really good, so norm, in order for me to judge fairly....your treat? 😎

You ever venture on up to Michigan you can count on it.  :thumbsup:

rollntider

Quote from: TheNorm on February 23, 2018, 06:00:34 PM
Chicago-style or New York-style for pizza?

Doesn't matter because Detroit-style pizza is better than both.

D) All of the above

Of Course if I could only have one it would be Chicago style, its basically calzone and pizza in one.

Crewe

but aren't there differing styles of Chicago pizza?

TheNorm

Quote from: Crewe on February 27, 2018, 10:52:45 AM
but aren't there differing styles of Chicago pizza?

Not really is my answer. Can't even really tell the difference between a Chicago deep-dish and Chicago stuffed until they're cut into...I'd bet most Chicagoans couldn't tell the difference unless you told them where you went lol. Either way it's a casserole.

Crewe

lol much needed clarification, thanks!

Crewe

id heard about this place before but still didnt know much about it.
I saw this video today...bypass the intro, start at :30
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqf_SIQ3JAk&feature=youtu.be

A restaurant called the heart attack grill. The owner caters to morbidly obese folks and has a nearly 10,000 calorie burger on the menu.
In this clip, the interviewer tries to place blame on this guy for shamelessly playing up a serious problem in this country.
That aggravates me. First off, I like that the owner doesn't shy away and bow to this turds attempts at shame.
If you are obese and eat thousands of calories at once and die, whose fault is that? Hell, even a fit person could have a heart attack from that menu.
My opinion is, there are heart attack grills on very single corner in America, but yea, lets get this guy.  :o

rollntider

I like some Nickleback songs ... there i said it.

Crewe

Sellout! Lol

My nephew is a musician and we talk about this all the time. It's not the band per se, it's the fact they are shaped and polished by record companies in order to sell a watered down product to the public.
Now for the bands themselves, some aren't aware of it early on, some don't care and just want the contract, perhaps some have enough patience and vigor to wait and fight it out. John Mellencamp is a good example.
But basically the thought is that it squeezes the creative life out of the band and suppresses their identity, maybe for so long it just evaporates.
I remember when I was in school for music and video business, we learned exactly this concept and it's interesting to witness.

cflnut

The world is not ready for Legalized Marijuana.
If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense.
Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't.
And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would.