Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 15, 2019, 08:31:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Luggnutz

January 26, 2019, 02:25:29 AM
 ;D

rollntider

November 07, 2017, 10:33:58 PM
 :D

Author Topic: Dawn of war 3  (Read 2118 times)

Offline rollntider

• Administrator
  • All Conference Team
    • View Profile
Dawn of war 3
« on: May 03, 2016, 10:36:06 AM »
loved the first 2 and love the lore and story

TITANS!!!!!
« Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 10:37:44 AM by rollntider »

Offline Sakura

• Practice Squad
    • View Profile
Re: Dawn of war 3
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2016, 06:45:32 AM »
I saw this, and I thought to myself "I didn't really like DOW 1 or 2 enough to warrant buying it" so I probably won't.  I find it sad that the only name in tactical strategy gaming right now is Games Workshop considering just what a horrible company they are.

Offline rollntider

• Administrator
  • All Conference Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2016, 10:01:40 PM »
I saw this, and I thought to myself "I didn't really like DOW 1 or 2 enough to warrant buying it" so I probably won't.  I find it sad that the only name in tactical strategy gaming right now is Games Workshop considering just what a horrible company they are.

Starcraft 2? XCOM

DOW1 was good, DOW2 was awesome.

Offline Sakura

• Practice Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2016, 01:00:56 AM »

Starcraft 2? XCOM

I'm not saying Dawn of War games are bad, I'm saying the company who owns the IP for Warhammer is bad.  The games are fine, people love the games.  It's the company I have a problem with.

And StarCraft is an RTS, but X-Com kind of counts I suppose.  But I'm talking about something MP.  Like sure there's the Civilization series, but I'm not big on 4X games and I think more on the scope of games like Dawn of War where you get a lot of unique units.

Offline rollntider

• Administrator
  • All Conference Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2016, 10:15:37 PM »

Starcraft 2? XCOM

I'm not saying Dawn of War games are bad, I'm saying the company who owns the IP for Warhammer is bad.  The games are fine, people love the games.  It's the company I have a problem with.

And StarCraft is an RTS, but X-Com kind of counts I suppose.  But I'm talking about something MP.  Like sure there's the Civilization series, but I'm not big on 4X games and I think more on the scope of games like Dawn of War where you get a lot of unique units.

Games workshop I think is starting to repair its image. Still not their fan (I am playing warpath as my space army fix) but I may go back if they continue to get better. I think they shot themselves in the neck by ruining warhammer fantasy. Mantic jumped in and now is the go to fantasy wargame in about 60% of the tournaments now...

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 7668
  • Total Topics: 624
  • Online Today: 232
  • Online Ever: 232
  • (Today at 12:48:19 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 14
Total: 14