Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 29, 2020, 06:16:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Luggnutz

January 26, 2019, 02:25:29 AM
 ;D

rollntider

November 07, 2017, 10:33:58 PM
 :D

Author Topic: The Top 5 Thread  (Read 47799 times)

Offline BojackHorsefella

• Starter
    • View Profile
Re: The Top 5 Thread
« Reply #345 on: July 23, 2020, 12:24:55 AM »
I'd love to see a Rockstar Prohibition era game. I'd also like to see a Rockstar pirate game, possibly influenced by me playing Black Flag right now and imagining how it could be even larger. Been really enjoying it.

Offline TheNorm

• Administrator
  • All Conference Team
  • Immigrants Built America
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: July 23, 2020, 04:13:57 PM »
Top 5 Sports Uniforms

1. Michigan Wolverines (football) - the iconic helmet. Maize & Blue. Did you really think I was going to go with anything else? This pic has the traditional maize, which for some reason Adidas couldn't match when they had the uniform contract from 2008-2014.

2. Detroit Red Wings - the Winged Wheel. I might be biased but this jersey is hockey to me. Minor changes here and there but overall a classic.

3. Detroit Tigers - baseball and the old English D. This uniform has also undergone very minor changes over the decades (in looking through pics, the logo seen here with the navy blue on white has been around as far back as 1946, maybe longer).

4. Detroit Lions (1990-2000) - this is the Honolulu Blue & Silver I remember the most, with the stripes on the sleeves. Not surprisingly my fondest memories of this team (there aren't much) coincide with the guy wearing the jersey in the pic.

5. USA Hockey (2010 Winter Olympics) - I dunno, I just really dig the logo design here. It looked really f'ing good.

Honorable Mentions

2019 USWNT World Cup - simple but they look awesome. Also nice to see a US Soccer team kit with stars on them to represent World Cup wins. Plus Megan Rapinoe is the shit, so here it is lol.

Detroit Pistons (2001-2005) - While I love the jerseys from the Bad Boys era, these ones from the 2001-2005 era just look a little neater to me.

“But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity.” - Martin Luther King, Jr

Offline TheNorm

• Administrator
  • All Conference Team
  • Immigrants Built America
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: September 07, 2020, 10:14:14 AM »
Feel like we've discussed this before but I just didn't feel like going through the thread to look. Oh well. If we haven't, then shoot.

Top 5 Shows that had the perfect ending

My qualifier for this is a show that ended as close to perfect as it could and didn't drag on.

1. Friday Night Lights
2. Parks and Recreation
3. The Good Place
4. Homicide: Life on the Street
5. ER
“But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity.” - Martin Luther King, Jr

Offline Crewe

• Global Moderator
  • All Conference Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: September 07, 2020, 05:55:57 PM »
Well, y'all already know a few of my my tops lol

The Wire
The Sopranos
Six Feet Under
Cheers
Dick Van Dyke Show