Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 16, 2018, 12:22:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

rollntider

November 07, 2017, 10:33:58 PM
 :D

Author Topic: The Top 5 Thread  (Read 5469 times)

Online Bucfever

• Practice Squad
    • View Profile
Re: The Top 5 Thread
« Reply #135 on: July 06, 2018, 02:08:01 PM »
Someone somewhere did a most quoted movie (might have been in the 30 Days of Movies challenge) but that was far too restrictive for me. Honestly, so is 5, but, whatever.

In no particular order:

1/2. Christmas Vacation/Vacation- And, honestly, I probably should've used this over Ghostbusters in the other thread, and this might genuinely be my number one. Every Christmas, it was basically me, my dad and my brother just quoting this movie at each other. "Lotta sap! Lotta sap!" I'll also pull a "Russ!" whenever my kid's right next to me and I want to say something to him. He responds to it, too.

3. Jaws - Watching this with kiddo on July 4th, I realized it really is one of the movies my dad and I quote all the time. From the entirety of the Indianapolis speech, to Drefyuss chuckling "They're all gonna die" and his little responses to Quint on the boat ("I'm not gonna take this abuse much longer....."). "You say barracuda, people say what? You say shark...and we've got a panic on our hands." I can just about quote the entire movie.

4. Ghostbusters - I mean, obviously. "That's a big twinkie." "So, she's a dog." I often use the "Nice shooting Tex!" line when playing my brother in NHL.

5. The Three Amigos - Another one we can almost quote. Not a birthday or holiday ever went by without my dad shouting "it's a sweater!" when unwrapping a gift, regardless of whether it's a sweater or not. Steve Martin's "It's real, it's all real" is still great. I actually went to a Three Amigos Quote-A-Thon at Bonnaroo, which was excellent.

Honorable Mentions: Cloverfield - A lot of time when I'm telling kiddo to get ready for us to leave for a movie or something, I'll say "rack 'em and pack 'em, we're phantoms in fifteen!" I don't know, I just loved that line since hearing it.

Moneyball - Almost daily I tell one of my cats, Spooky, "You're a good cat, Spooky, and we wish you all the best," which is what Billy Beane says to Jeremy Giambi when trading him, except substituting "ballplayer" for cat. I'm really just calling the cat a good cat, but it amuses me to add the whole quote to it.

Monty Python and the Holy Grail - it really pains me to put this here. Years ago, this was easily in the #1 spot, but I just don't find many uses these days (it also doesn't help that kiddo hasn't seen it, a mistake I need to correct except the damn thing is only available on iTunes).

Offline TheNorm

• Global Moderator
  • Starter
  • I Stand With Immigrants
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: July 07, 2018, 10:12:23 PM »
Top 5 most quoted movies? Sure, I'll play...

- Top Gun - yeah, this movie was such a part of my early teen years because it was f'ing incredible. I could still quote this entire movie.

- Big Trouble in Little China - My favorite Kurt Russell movie, period. "Everybody relax, I'm here." "Would you stop rubbing your body up against mine? Because I can't concentrate when you do that." "You know what ol' Jack Burton always says at a time like this?" Who? "Jack Burton. ME!" ...and my favorite that I use almost anywhere: "Sooner or later, I rub everyone the wrong way."

- Super Troopers - Another one of those I could quote with the group of friends and just know it was gonna be a fun night. "How's the view from sugar heaven, bitch?"

- Ocean's Eleven - Just amazing how quotable this movie is, my brother and I could go awhile with this one.

- Mean Girls - I love how smart this movie is and how easily I can drop a lot of the quotes into conversation.

Probably left a few good ones out...actually I know I did (Pulp Fiction, The Princess Bride, Fletch), but oh well.
Immigrants Built America

Online Bucfever

• Practice Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: July 07, 2018, 11:45:58 PM »
Oh man, Big Trouble In Little China. Woe to he who grabs me a knife, because they'll get to hear me say "That's a good knife. Time to die Mr. Burton."

I think my brother and I think the best line is Jack's "What?! What won't come back?!" after Egg Shen throws the smoke grenade at that monster in the sewer.

Online Crewe

• Global Moderator
  • Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: July 13, 2018, 05:53:23 PM »
Top 5 things you love right now

Anything, anyone, anywhere etc...

1. Summer, because fuck winter. Even shitty "32 degrees aint cold" Texas winters.
2. Six Feet Under. Deep storytelling, good characters, about to finish it up.
3. My vinyl setup
4. My dog, because
5. Astros, WS Champs (give me this, I rarely get to enjoy such things)

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5496
  • Total Topics: 565
  • Online Today: 16
  • Online Ever: 54
  • (May 01, 2018, 11:28:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 3
Total: 5