Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 23, 2020, 11:05:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Luggnutz

January 26, 2019, 02:25:29 AM
 ;D

rollntider

November 07, 2017, 10:33:58 PM
 :D

Author Topic: Your Unpopular Opinion  (Read 22707 times)

Offline TheNorm

• Administrator
  • All Conference Team
  • Immigrants Built America
    • View Profile
Re: Your Unpopular Opinion
« Reply #165 on: September 23, 2020, 05:13:55 PM »
I have never had a bagel bite in my life lol
But in that same realm, why are hot dog buns in packages of 8 and hot dogs in packages of 10?
You have to buy a lot of those to come out even lol

Since when lol, or is that just a Texas thing at this point? Hot dogs and hot dog buns in the north have matched numbers for a very long time, at least since the mid-90s in Michigan and Illinois...
“But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity.” - Martin Luther King, Jr

Offline Crewe

• Global Moderator
  • All Conference Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: September 24, 2020, 11:04:10 AM »
I have never had a bagel bite in my life lol
But in that same realm, why are hot dog buns in packages of 8 and hot dogs in packages of 10?
You have to buy a lot of those to come out even lol

Since when lol, or is that just a Texas thing at this point? Hot dogs and hot dog buns in the north have matched numbers for a very long time, at least since the mid-90s in Michigan and Illinois...

some do but not all. Nathan's pair up, but Oscar Myer doesnt, although who buys that shit anyway?
I dont buy hot dogs anyway, I buy sausage links which is it's own animal :-)

Offline Crewe

• Global Moderator
  • All Conference Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: September 27, 2020, 02:47:20 PM »
I really like NFL Redzone.
Im able to keep up with the games without feeling I miss too much.
That said, I cannot freaking stand Hanson, cannot stand him.
Look, he's knowledgeable, knows the players, has good broadcasting intuition, but sriously,
SHUT
THE
FUCK
UP!!!!

He chimes in at the most inopportune times just to hear himself talk. He is so self important under the guise of bringing you all necessary information.
Just, no.
Way over 95% of the shit he says are pointless interruuptions, we can either
a) see the info on the screen
b) hear the game announcers saying exact same thing, or sometimes aving an intersting thought Id like to hear the end of but nooooooooooo, ego boy just HAS to fucking jump in.
Seriously, shut the fuck up!
We shouldnt hear from him hardly at all.
And his sex like fetish of the "quad box" is completely useless. Interrupting a game where the ball is about to be snapped in order to add another game where players are standing around wasting screen time.
I just picture his home life being whipped, like the abusive teacher in "Another Brick in the Wall" and Sunday is the only day he's allowed to talk.
He just aggravates the living fuck outta me.

Now that Ive railed on him, I will give him kudos the 5% of the time he's actually useful. On quick inserts between snaps, he can show you something and summarize what you see, saving time in order to get you on to the net game. Good with injury updates and other interesting story lines but that's it.

That said, id give up that 5% for the 95% of him just going away.

Offline BojackHorsefella

• Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: September 29, 2020, 01:20:19 PM »
Isn't this that weird thing where there's like, two RedZone channels though? I think one is Andrew Siciliano and the other is Scott Hanson? NFL Redzone vs Redzone Channel (I think it's mainly just a difference between cable and satellite as to which one you get but I may be wrong).

I don't have RedZone anymore, but I feel like everyone liked Siciliano while hating on Hanson.

Offline Crewe

• Global Moderator
  • All Conference Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: September 29, 2020, 02:35:39 PM »
Isn't this that weird thing where there's like, two RedZone channels though? I think one is Andrew Siciliano and the other is Scott Hanson? NFL Redzone vs Redzone Channel (I think it's mainly just a difference between cable and satellite as to which one you get but I may be wrong).

I don't have RedZone anymore, but I feel like everyone liked Siciliano while hating on Hanson.

yes! Hanson is NFL Network I think and the other is Direct TV. I like Siciliano better. he jumps in less and actually has a dry witty sense that I enjoy.

Offline bigbaldben

• Bench Warmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: October 17, 2020, 04:55:58 PM »
 :popcorn:

This looks like an interesting thread topic.  I think I understand it.  Let me give it a shot...

Ahem.

The Last Jedi is the greatest Star Wars movie ever made.

Offline TheNorm

• Administrator
  • All Conference Team
  • Immigrants Built America
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: October 17, 2020, 07:14:22 PM »

This looks like an interesting thread topic.  I think I understand it.  Let me give it a shot...

Ahem.

The best of the sequel trilogy, absolutely.

Also, welcome back. Stick around awhile lol
“But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity.” - Martin Luther King, Jr

Offline Crewe

• Global Moderator
  • All Conference Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: October 18, 2020, 12:43:05 AM »

Ahem.

Missed you, shit disturber  :D

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 48
  • Latest: lurees
Stats
  • Total Posts: 9059
  • Total Topics: 669
  • Online Today: 33
  • Online Ever: 900
  • (January 21, 2020, 03:13:19 PM)
Users Online