Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 15, 2018, 11:30:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

rollntider

November 07, 2017, 10:33:58 PM
 :D

Author Topic: 2018 Pro Football Thread  (Read 1578 times)

Offline Crewe

• Global Moderator
  • Starter
    • View Profile
Re: 2018 Pro Football Thread
« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2018, 06:34:43 PM »
Not a knock, but sports journalism is seemingly one of the easiest gigs around. Once you get a designated spot, people are required to feed you info, essentially writing your column, or tweet, as the case may be. I get that Im oversimplifying a bit, but still...

Offline TheNorm

• Administrator
  • Starter
  • I Stand With Immigrants
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 05, 2018, 07:55:31 PM »
Lol, Patricia and the Lions had that coming. The dude basically follows the Belichick dress code, and he's gonna criticize another guy for posture? FOH with that.
I don't care whether the team is 8-0 or 0-8, but clearly when the team is 3-4 coming off a lackadaisical loss to the Seahawks I really don't want to hear him bitch about someone's posture. He can get lost if he pulls that BS again too.
Immigrants Built America

Offline Crewe

• Global Moderator
  • Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 18, 2018, 04:18:02 PM »
I was sad to see Alex Smith hurt. I think he will be out for a while.
I became a real fan of his when he was so disrespected in KC in favor of the flash of Kaepernick.
Aside from the fact he's been referent to with the pejorative "game manager" tag by the epicyclic sports media. A QB IS a game manager by definition you morons.
I digress.
Also happy for Colt McCoy, he's a tough gamer and such a class guy. Hope he performs well.
Side note, I have to admit that was quite the tacky call on Norman at the end of the game to give Houston a first down.

Offline TheNorm

• Administrator
  • Starter
  • I Stand With Immigrants
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 10, 2018, 12:37:18 PM »
Mark Sanchez getting another shot is laughable.
The ending of Pats/Dolphins was hilarious.
The Bears are for real, and the NFC will be tough for everyone in the playoffs. But itíll be hilarious when Dallas gets exposed there again.
Immigrants Built America

Offline Crewe

• Global Moderator
  • Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 10, 2018, 02:01:40 PM »
Cowboys are a decent team but in no way are they a serious contender. Middle of the pack with potential is all. Cooper is paying dividends, but he still was not worth it IMO.
Thats what I don't understand, I mean I do, because you want asses in seats, but still, you don't have a chance in hell of winning it all, so why give up a first? Perhaps I put too much stock in picks.

Texans wasted so many years when they signed Fitz as QB. Same sitch. They were not going to contend, so why not draft and groom. You ate up Andre's career and some of Hopkin's as well instead of building a franchise. But, if I knew what the hell I was talking about, Id be a GM I guess.

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 44
  • Latest: Laplant
Stats
  • Total Posts: 6393
  • Total Topics: 589
  • Online Today: 23
  • Online Ever: 57
  • (October 08, 2018, 12:38:48 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0