Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 16, 2018, 12:21:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

rollntider

November 07, 2017, 10:33:58 PM
 :D

Author Topic: Cord cutting  (Read 380 times)

Online Crewe

• Global Moderator
  • Starter
    • View Profile
Cord cutting
« on: March 18, 2018, 10:26:18 PM »
Anyone else do it yet?
I did and its not great so far, but not for the reasons you think.
To start with, all my services were tethered (Phone, TV, net) and Id call and get promotions every six months so my bill was about 240 total.
100 for the TV with taxes.
So when I called to cancel the TV service, Uverse with ATT, I was told I could but it would be cheaper to keep the very basic $20 package (locals only, no HD no DVR) otherwise my internet would go from 40/month to 70/month and this, for 24 download speed mind you.
The guy kept telling me I have unlimited data though...and of course he didnt speak English well so it was hard for me to get this across, but that was for my phone as I was told previously. he said no, its for streaming.
Fine.
So I took the deal for now and they threw in DTV Now for 10 a month for 3 months which Ill then cancel because it will blossom to 35/month.
Basically Im saving 70/month right now which isn't really what I was after.
I was hoping for a faster internet speed and to jettison tv completely.
I could upgrade to 48 download for 50 ish bucks a month but Im sitting where I am for now.
Whats your experience?

Online Bucfever

• Practice Squad
    • View Profile
Re: Cord cutting
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2018, 12:43:46 AM »
My experience has a lot of caveats. 

When I worked for Comcast I had the highest internet and every channel for just $28 a month. So, when I took the new job; I had to figure something out. .

So now, I have internet with Comcast for $60 (highest tier) and I use PS Vue for TV for $49.95 a month.

Now, I have Netflix, Hulu and HBO Now, but I'm not paying for them. They're either her dad's or my dad's depending on the service.

We also have Amazon Prime with my Prime membership.

Anyways, so I'm basically paying $110 a month for internet and cable. I have all the channels I care to watch and a lot less bloat. Plus, I can watch it on multiple devices.

Equivalent Comcast package would have been...upwards of $145. So, I saved some money but thanks to not paying for other services mainly.

Online Crewe

• Global Moderator
  • Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2018, 02:07:38 AM »
I called comcast and they had 60 down for 40/month but a 2 year contract which I don't want.
I saw the Vue had some good stuff but it doesn't have DVR does it? If I sign up for something, DVR is a must. I will not be required to suffer through tv ads. Between Prime, Netflix, HBO free forever and whatever I find on fire stick, I'm good. I can stream sports and can go OTA should I need locals for some reason. YouTube tv looked good to me for 35/month plus DVR should I want a tv service, but I haven't compared it with Vue either.

I guess really I'm ticked I can't get a better internet speed without getting jacked, plus them making me 20 bucks for locals with no hd or DVR
« Last Edit: March 19, 2018, 02:11:08 AM by Crewe »

Online Bucfever

• Practice Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2018, 02:26:45 AM »
It has DVR.

And I should say, there's an option that's $5 less I think that basically doesn't include MLB Network. But I wanted my MLB Network.

Online Crewe

• Global Moderator
  • Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2018, 10:43:14 AM »
so I just dumped what I could.
I need to clarify my data plan because I think theres confusion on my part or theirs and looking at my usage on site doesn't clear it up.
My phone data and internet data is tethered I think, but I cant discern how much internet data I use which means I cant decide if another plan would be cheaper.
Pain in the butt

Online Crewe

• Global Moderator
  • Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2018, 12:52:26 AM »
so now that Ive moved and acquired internet service, thus far I think its a much better deal than I had previously.
65/mo, no contract for life, 75 down, 10 up with 1 TB of usage and if that is exceeded which I can't imagine it would be, service is only slowed with no overage charges.
I did have only 24 down and 4 up for 50/month.
So far so good...

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5496
  • Total Topics: 565
  • Online Today: 16
  • Online Ever: 54
  • (May 01, 2018, 11:28:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 3