Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 20, 2018, 09:37:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

rollntider

November 07, 2017, 10:33:58 PM
 :D

Author Topic: The BSB Guest DJ Project  (Read 1487 times)

Offline Rigg44

• Practice Squad
    • View Profile
Re: The BSB Guest DJ Project
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2018, 04:23:59 PM »
Just songs I can listen to at any time

1. Zippity Do Da Day-  I know, silly but its what I used to sing to my girls every night before bed.

2. The Beatles- Black Bird- Another song me and my daughters love to sing on car trips.  It is a lesser known Beatles song but one of my favorites

3.  Five Finger Death Punch- Bad Company- I know its a remake but I love the song.

4. Aloe Blacc- The Man- One of those songs that can get me pumped and in a zone.

5. Kiss- Rock and Roll all night and Party every day- Its Kiss! My favorite band of all time.  This song brings back so many memories of so many stupid things I did in my youth its not even funny.

6. 4 non blondes - Whats Up - This song was on all the time when MTV was an actual music Chanel.  This song was playing at every party I attended and is connected to many, many good nights.

7. Coolio- Fantastic Voyage-  If this song comes on I am singing no matter where I am or who I am with, period. 

8. Ice Cube- It was a good day- Same as Fantastic Voyage.  Both these songs were on a constant loop in my ride back in the day.  Cruzing main with these two on loop was a must back when Cruzing main was an actual thing.

9. Iron Maiden- Trooper- This is a song that we used to play in high school before going on the field for our football games.  It still gets my blood flowing. 

10. Kenny Rodgers- Just Dropped in to See What Condition my Condition is in-  This was the first song I ever heard that made me say WTF did I just hear.  I listened to on a loop and it is just a weird, wild, fun and if you want it to be deep song.

Offline thaima1shu

• Practice Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2018, 07:43:44 PM »
Just seeing this for the first time somehow. Better late than never. Here goes!

1. Lupe Fiasco - Hurt Me Soul
Food & Liquor and The Cool are probably my two favorite albums ever. No exaggeration, I literally listened to nothing but these two albums for roughly two years in college. Lupe's delivery and wordplay were incredible and I was constantly finding new hidden meanings in the lyrics. I could've gone with like 15 different songs from these two albums.

2. Clipse - Grindin
All throughout middle school/high school, this beat took over our lives. Kids would always be re-creating this beat on the desks, the lockers in the hallways, the cafeteria, everywhere. You couldn't go a day without hearing this beat somewhere. Easily one of the best rap beats ever created.

3. J. Cole - I Get Up
Was going through a hard time job-wise after graduating college and this song (mainly the hook) really hit me. It served as my go-to motivation song and helped get me through that period. Always think of this as the song that helped get my mindset right to jump start my career.

4. Mobb Deep - Shook Ones Pt. II
Incredible song and probably on most people's lists of top rap songs. One of those where I always remember the lyrics to no matter how long I've gone without listening to it.

5. The Weeknd - Wicked Games
My first introduction to The Weeknd and I've been a huge fan of his ever since. He's changed to be much more pop now that he's blown up, but I think that's expected (he wouldn't have really blown up otherwise). But his original Trilogy was also constantly in rotation for me. I never related directly to anything he was singing about, but just loved his voice and delivery.

6. Usher - U Got It Bad
Had my first dance with a girl I had a huge crush on at the time with this song. Long time ago and nothing ever came from it, but it was a pretty big memory for me as a teen.

7. After 7 - Til You Do Me Right
I must've been only 7 or 8 when I first heard this. My brother was in college at the time and had this CD. I didn't really understand what they were singing about but man I was hooked on this song. I still go back and listen to it every once in a while.

8. Ne-Yo - Let Go
Was constantly listening to Ne-Yo's album in high school when I met the girl who's now my wife. This was probably my favorite song from that album and the both of us would constantly be singing away together.

Online Bucfever

• Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2018, 08:31:01 PM »
Wait, Thai's married?!

Offline rollntider

• Administrator
  • All Conference Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2018, 08:47:37 PM »
Wait, Thai's married?!

She is pretty also

I enjoyed meeting Thai in spite of the restraining order he had put on me :D

That is Thai , me , Mrs Thai and Tider Jr

« Last Edit: July 10, 2018, 08:50:39 PM by rollntider »

Online Bucfever

• Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2018, 08:55:04 PM »
Whaaaaaaaaaat?! That's so cool!

I gotta say Tider, you look a lot younger than I expected actually :P

Offline thaima1shu

• Practice Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2018, 12:22:07 AM »
Haha, yup, been married for a couple of years now. Was pretty fun to meet up with Tider, despite how that game turned out lol.

Offline rollntider

• Administrator
  • All Conference Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2018, 12:00:05 PM »
Whaaaaaaaaaat?! That's so cool!

I gotta say Tider, you look a lot younger than I expected actually :P

Thanks I think? LOL

It was cool to meet up with them. BTW Thai, Tider Jr is starting his sophomore year at Bama and a member of the ROTC, plans to join the Army when he graduates. Time flies.   

He also is running a parody instagram account mocking the food at Alabama.  You can enjoy it here
https://www.instagram.com/realbamadining/

Offline thaima1shu

• Practice Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2018, 05:54:53 PM »
Wow that's awesome man. Kid's growing up lol.

Offline TheNorm

• Administrator
  • Starter
  • I Stand With Immigrants
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2018, 11:38:40 PM »
Big time bump, finally updated this (my apologies). Only song not added was J. Cole's I Get Up, wasn't on Spotify.

Here's the link again.  https://open.spotify.com/user/thenorm41/playlist/6xRXqX6tSYj6CWW08RRIYM
Immigrants Built America

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 44
  • Latest: Laplant
Stats
  • Total Posts: 6270
  • Total Topics: 588
  • Online Today: 30
  • Online Ever: 57
  • (October 08, 2018, 12:38:48 PM)
Users Online