Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 19, 2018, 05:28:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

rollntider

November 07, 2017, 10:33:58 PM
 :D

Author Topic: The Life Thread  (Read 1354 times)

Offline Bucfever

• Starter
    • View Profile
Re: The Life Thread
« Reply #45 on: September 15, 2018, 11:46:06 AM »
Boston is cool, been once, need to go back. Fenway is a place of evil but it is spectacular.

I've been to DC multiple times, love DC. Chicago once, wasn't a fan (I got very confused by the roads. I do need to go back to go to a White Sox game though, knocked out Wrigley on the one trip) and Nashville I went to when the Jets played the Titans during Vince Young's first game. It was also really cool although I didn't get to see very much.

Offline Crewe

• Global Moderator
  • Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 15, 2018, 12:35:53 PM »
Boston is cool, been once, need to go back. Fenway is a place of evil but it is spectacular.

I've been to DC multiple times, love DC. Chicago once, wasn't a fan (I got very confused by the roads. I do need to go back to go to a White Sox game though, knocked out Wrigley on the one trip) and Nashville I went to when the Jets played the Titans during Vince Young's first game. It was also really cool although I didn't get to see very much.

I get mixed reviews on DC. Most say see the museums obviously but other than that, not much else. I sill want to go.
Chicago for me would be for Wrigley. Nashville is a cool little town Ive heard about from multiple folks.
Most of my vacations have been of the tropical variety out of country. I need to start focusing more on this country while Im still able.

Offline Bucfever

• Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 16, 2018, 01:00:11 AM »
I'm the opposite. Been all up and down the east coast and some of middle America (NO, Chicago, Nashville), but I've only been out of the country twice (not including Canada) and one of those times it was in the Navy. I'd like to go to Cabo or Cozumel, Tokyo, New Zealand, Germany and Amstersam. Many many places. 

Offline rollntider

• Administrator
  • All Conference Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 16, 2018, 10:53:31 AM »
I went to Baltimore a few years ago on business and sat in the MASN headquarters which is in the Orioles ball park. Got to tour the stadium from the inside and it was pretty damn cool. A sort of funny story, when we went, the sales rep I was with had a Bama national title pin from the 2009 season. One of the ladies asked how dare he bring in a phillies pin into the O's ball park. He pointed out it was for Bama and they got a laugh over it, Ozzie Newsome happened to be there about something and they took us to meet him. It was pretty cool.

Offline Crewe

• Global Moderator
  • Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 16, 2018, 12:06:08 PM »
I'm the opposite. Been all up and down the east coast and some of middle America (NO, Chicago, Nashville), but I've only been out of the country twice (not including Canada) and one of those times it was in the Navy. I'd like to go to Cabo or Cozumel, Tokyo, New Zealand, Germany and Amstersam. Many many places.

Man, Cabo was my spot for years and years and years. Every time, we went for Sammy Hagar's Birthday Bash out there, thats a great time to go. Last year was the last hurrah in Cabo though, time for something else. If you go, its so easy to just stay at the resort, but if you do, you are missing out on the town. We would stay right on the marina or there was a little hotel, kinda like an old Spanish Mission right across the street from Sammy's Cantina where all the fans would stay. $40-50 a night, no tv in the room but who cares, clean and we only slept there, plus its right in the middle of everything.

Offline Crewe

• Global Moderator
  • Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 16, 2018, 12:06:57 PM »
I went to Baltimore a few years ago on business and sat in the MASN headquarters which is in the Orioles ball park. Got to tour the stadium from the inside and it was pretty damn cool. A sort of funny story, when we went, the sales rep I was with had a Bama national title pin from the 2009 season. One of the ladies asked how dare he bring in a phillies pin into the O's ball park. He pointed out it was for Bama and they got a laugh over it, Ozzie Newsome happened to be there about something and they took us to meet him. It was pretty cool.

if I could do an MLB park tour, Camden would be up there, but just not much else to do in B-more that I know of really.

Offline Bucfever

• Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 16, 2018, 12:21:46 PM »

Man, Cabo was my spot for years and years and years. Every time, we went for Sammy Hagar's Birthday Bash out there, thats a great time to go. Last year was the last hurrah in Cabo though, time for something else. If you go, its so easy to just stay at the resort, but if you do, you are missing out on the town. We would stay right on the marina or there was a little hotel, kinda like an old Spanish Mission right across the street from Sammy's Cantina where all the fans would stay. $40-50 a night, no tv in the room but who cares, clean and we only slept there, plus its right in the middle of everything.

Yeah, it was you on here all these years that put Cabo in my head, haha.

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 44
  • Latest: Laplant
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5830
  • Total Topics: 578
  • Online Today: 22
  • Online Ever: 54
  • (May 01, 2018, 11:28:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0