Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 19, 2018, 05:30:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

rollntider

November 07, 2017, 10:33:58 PM
 :D

Author Topic: Madden 19  (Read 104 times)

Offline TheNorm

• Administrator
  • Starter
  • I Stand With Immigrants
    • View Profile
Madden 19
« on: September 05, 2018, 06:09:47 PM »
Really hadn't planned on picking this up, but since it was a gift...I'll play.

Played through the Longshot: Homecoming story, and not as enjoyable as the first one and also kind of sappy. Some of the playcalling stuff is just aggravating too. For example, you'll be set with parameters to score on a drive, and even if you get to a goal to go but don't hit the endzone when a FG would also suffice it counts as a failure and you need to start the drive over. Happened a bunch of times and it's really annoying. Multiply that annoyance x1000 if you get to 4th & inches and have to start the drive over instead of going for it.

As for the gameplay, though: pretty solid so far and the graphics are top notch. Will try to get a couple more games in before this gets derailed by Spider-Man and RDR II in the next couple of months.
Immigrants Built America

Offline Crewe

• Global Moderator
  • Starter
    • View Profile
Re: Madden 19
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2018, 12:00:25 PM »
I miss a good football game, tu wit, NCAA.
You know I dont buy many games a year, maybe two, one of which is MLB and with he other aforementioned options, I dont see Madden being a choice for me. I wish they would just release a version that would force me to pick it up., but they haven't in over a decade so I dont see that trend changing anytime soon Im sorry to say.
Tell me norm, if this is the one...

Offline TheNorm

• Administrator
  • Starter
  • I Stand With Immigrants
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2018, 02:01:29 PM »
I miss a good football game, tu wit, NCAA.
You know I dont buy many games a year, maybe two, one of which is MLB and with he other aforementioned options, I dont see Madden being a choice for me. I wish they would just release a version that would force me to pick it up., but they haven't in over a decade so I dont see that trend changing anytime soon Im sorry to say.
Tell me norm, if this is the one...

Like I said, this wasn't in the plans but it was a gift. I got more of a kick out of 18 playing online with friends, too. Might try franchise this year but with other games taking up time who knows?

If I were you I'd honestly wait until the game goes on sale like it always does, and a few patches and tuner sets have dropped.
Immigrants Built America

Offline Crewe

• Global Moderator
  • Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2018, 03:17:35 PM »
Im just not interested unless I hear its a GOTY type release. Until then, Im just assuming the flaws will be the same ole EA BS.

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 44
  • Latest: Laplant
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5830
  • Total Topics: 578
  • Online Today: 22
  • Online Ever: 54
  • (May 01, 2018, 11:28:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0