Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 18, 2019, 02:26:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Luggnutz

January 26, 2019, 02:25:29 AM
 ;D

rollntider

November 07, 2017, 10:33:58 PM
 :D

Author Topic: 2019 Pro Football Thread  (Read 828 times)

Online BojackHorsefella

• Starter
    • View Profile
Re: 2019 Pro Football Thread
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2019, 12:05:09 PM »
Houston paying almost half of his contract this season sure helps...and makes me wonder WTF the Texans were thinking.

And did Green Bay finally find a defense or do the Bears just blow?

I got you Norm:

1) The Texans were basically thinking nothing, for they have no GM to think for them, and this is the result.

2) Mitchell Trubisky is the WORST.

Offline Crewe

• Global Moderator
  • All Conference Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2019, 12:33:14 PM »
yea, we have BoB as GM essentially.
My instinct is that they tried to unload Clowney prior to the trade deadline and couldn't. Afterwards, every other team had the upper hand and the Texans didn't want him or his salary on the roster, so this is what they get.
Then, he trades two firsts and a second for Tunsil. Hard to scoff at that really, I mean, to have any sort of chance they had to have an LT.
Sure gonna hurt come draft time though.
If I know the Teams though, more importantly, BoB, they might win the division and then exit after the first round as always.

Offline rollntider

• Administrator
  • All Conference Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2019, 12:13:03 PM »
Antonio Brown is released LOL

Offline rollntider

• Administrator
  • All Conference Team
    • View Profile

Online BojackHorsefella

• Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2019, 12:52:45 PM »
Antonio Brown is released LOL

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2019/09/07/antonio-brown-raiders-release-instagram/2245285001/

What a train wreck.

Guarantee you he goes to NE.

Although it's fun to see my brother and my buddy both think the Jets and Colts will get him on cap space alone.

Online BojackHorsefella

• Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2019, 06:26:50 PM »
?s=20

Ugh.

Online TheNorm

• Administrator
  • All Conference Team
  • I Stand With Immigrants
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2019, 04:21:42 PM »
You know, when the last few days of the AB saga played out, I was thinking wow, have we considered this dude might need some mental help and we need to get him there quickly...

Fooled me. Dudes just an asshole.
Immigrants Built America

Offline Crewe

• Global Moderator
  • All Conference Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2019, 05:15:28 PM »
this has been around a while now but its still a bur in my saddle. Another reason I dislike the NFL more and more.
This neutral zone infraction bullshit.
Used to be defense could jump and not get penalized if they get back onside before the snap, but not now. Its so silly when you think about it.
I mean, which side knows th snap count?  This crap about the offensive lineman being induced.
Fuck right off.

Offline Crewe

• Global Moderator
  • All Conference Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2019, 06:38:19 PM »
and the roughing the passer on Flacco. Please watch that and tell me wtf...seriously.
I haven't kept up with all the rule changes so, am I right in understanding the league can call down and order PI on any play they see fit, flag or no?

Online TheNorm

• Administrator
  • All Conference Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2019, 10:55:46 AM »
Don't know much about any rule changes because college football has always been better to me than the pros anyway. I'll have to look for the roughing on Flacco, but this league has been trending toward protecting the offense and especially the QB for quite awhile now. I don't have a problem with that, but sometimes it goes too far.

This...is no good.

This...is also no good. Dude's had one hell of a career...and I think he's officially the last NFL player in the league older than I am so I don't want to see him go.
Immigrants Built America

Offline Crewe

• Global Moderator
  • All Conference Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2019, 11:46:33 AM »
Don't know much about any rule changes because college football has always been better to me than the pros anyway. I'll have to look for the roughing on Flacco, but this league has been trending toward protecting the offense and especially the QB for quite awhile now. I don't have a problem with that, but sometimes it goes too far.

This...is no good.

This...is also no good. Dude's had one hell of a career...and I think he's officially the last NFL player in the league older than I am so I don't want to see him go.

That's primarily the reason I've been detaching myself for the last 5-7 years.
There was also a makeup roughing the passer on the Bears QB Trubisky. It was just as egregious

Online BojackHorsefella

• Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2019, 12:39:20 PM »
There was also a makeup roughing the passer on the Bears QB Trubisky. It was just as egregious

How I can tell I'm getting old: my detachment from football, haha. The game-related reasons, at least.

It's one thing to pull the "i'm tired of supporting these owners/bad actor players/unhealthy practices" etc, but when I get to the "THE GAME JUST ISN'T LIKE IT WAS" point, I know I'm old.

I got there yesterday. I complained to myself, in my head, about High Def. "Aw man, I remember being a kid, having the blurry television, Pat and John in the booth, and the shitty weather of Lambeau Field to look forward to on Sundays! GAMES JUST AREN'T LIKE THEY USED TO BE"

I got extremely excited about Lamar Jackson pulling out the Walter Payton high step. I am an old. :(

Offline Crewe

• Global Moderator
  • All Conference Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2019, 12:58:03 PM »

How I can tell I'm getting old: my detachment from football, haha. The game-related reasons, at least.

It's one thing to pull the "i'm tired of supporting these owners/bad actor players/unhealthy practices" etc, but when I get to the "THE GAME JUST ISN'T LIKE IT WAS" point, I know I'm old.

I got there yesterday. I complained to myself, in my head, about High Def. "Aw man, I remember being a kid, having the blurry television, Pat and John in the booth, and the shitty weather of Lambeau Field to look forward to on Sundays! GAMES JUST AREN'T LIKE THEY USED TO BE"

I got extremely excited about Lamar Jackson pulling out the Walter Payton high step. I am an old. :(

I get the nostalgia, hoping your team was going to be one of the 3 games a week that were televised and all that, but to me, it's just a pure lack of logic, consistency and pure common sense.
I can accept the changes to the game regarding player safety, but sunday britches can you at least understand what constitutes a fucking catch?
That also relates to my earlier complaint about the neutral zone infraction. Who in the hell came up with that shit?
One team knows the snap count, the other doesn't. Who has the advantage here? You move early, you are penalized, but nooooo, defense moved, penalize him.  :o

Online BojackHorsefella

• Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2019, 05:36:34 PM »
Agreed with that two, the refs have always been awful but lately, as the rules become more and more convoluted it just waters down the play entirely.

Online TheNorm

• Administrator
  • All Conference Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2019, 06:10:08 AM »
Immigrants Built America

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 7428