Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 22, 2019, 12:03:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Luggnutz

January 26, 2019, 02:25:29 AM
 ;D

rollntider

November 07, 2017, 10:33:58 PM
 :D

Author Topic: 2019 Season  (Read 1031 times)

Offline TheNorm

• Administrator
  • Starter
  • I Stand With Immigrants
    • View Profile
Re: 2019 Season
« Reply #30 on: July 12, 2019, 05:44:35 PM »
Ultimately...I get how it could be seen as an accident and Marisnick does seem remorseful about the whole thing, but at the end of the day the rule's been in place since 2014 and you gotta protect the players. Assmus (...and yes, fuck Brad Assmus lol) is just doing his protect his players thing.
Immigrants Built America

Offline Crewe

• Global Moderator
  • All Conference Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 12, 2019, 06:41:26 PM »
Ultimately...I get how it could be seen as an accident and Marisnick does seem remorseful about the whole thing, but at the end of the day the rule's been in place since 2014 and you gotta protect the players. Assmus (...and yes, fuck Brad Assmus lol) is just doing his protect his players thing.

I agree, and the rule isn't the problem, the problem is, the rule isn't applicable here. Its a grown up sport, shit happens.
He is extremely remorseful, he even called it a "bad play" by him, although Jake is not a dirty player by any stretch of the imagination.
And yea, protect your players, but you were a catcher you shithead, you know damn good and well what happened there.

Offline TheNorm

• Administrator
  • Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 15, 2019, 06:02:23 PM »
Rebuilds suck and kind of take the joy out of watching baseball on a consistent basis.
Immigrants Built America

Offline Bucfever

• Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 15, 2019, 06:08:40 PM »
Rebuilds suck and kind of take the joy out of watching baseball on a consistent basis.

I'd say 162 games is a long time for a rebuilding season as opposed to a 16 game NFL season, but then again the Lions have been rebuilding for how many years now? :P

Not that uh...I can really talk post-2008 or so....

Offline Crewe

• Global Moderator
  • All Conference Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 15, 2019, 07:48:04 PM »

it sucks when your prospects outgrow your rebuild.
Drayton McLane sucked canal water at rebuilding, however, going off of a couple of prospects we had already, Luhnow dismembered the heart of what team we had left and dealt them (Hunter Pence and Michael Bourn) and thats when I felt like we had a guy that would build a winner.
From then on, it was fun to watch, even though we lost 100+ 3 straight years in a row, the minor league teams began kicking ass and soon, we were contenting and winning.
Hope things turn around because it is fun to watch a team get built literally from the ground up.

Offline TheNorm

• Administrator
  • Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 16, 2019, 02:26:29 PM »

I'd say 162 games is a long time for a rebuilding season as opposed to a 16 game NFL season, but then again the Lions have been rebuilding for how many years now? :P

Not that uh...I can really talk post-2008 or so....

Lol I'll be the first to rip on the Lions (and have many times), but well done. :D
Immigrants Built America

Offline TheNorm

• Administrator
  • Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 16, 2019, 02:28:51 PM »

Drayton McLane sucked canal water at rebuilding, however, going off of a couple of prospects we had already, Luhnow dismembered the heart of what team we had left and dealt them (Hunter Pence and Michael Bourn) and thats when I felt like we had a guy that would build a winner.
From then on, it was fun to watch, even though we lost 100+ 3 straight years in a row, the minor league teams began kicking ass and soon, we were contenting and winning.
Hope things turn around because it is fun to watch a team get built literally from the ground up.

I'm still waiting to get to the "minor league teams kicking ass" part, but there is some hope. Casey Mize should be a stud down the road, and I think the Tigers ended up with one of Roger Clemens' kids too.
Immigrants Built America

Offline Crewe

• Global Moderator
  • All Conference Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 16, 2019, 02:46:52 PM »

I'm still waiting to get to the "minor league teams kicking ass" part, but there is some hope. Casey Mize should be a stud down the road, and I think the Tigers ended up with one of Roger Clemens' kids too.

lol it can test patience for sure.
Thats why I really like this team so much. Our nucleus was drafted and honed as a true team.

Offline TheNorm

• Administrator
  • Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 21, 2019, 10:51:49 AM »
?s=20

Wow.
Immigrants Built America

Offline Crewe

• Global Moderator
  • All Conference Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 21, 2019, 02:04:41 PM »
thats just not fair. It must b CGI! ;-)

Offline Bucfever

• Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 21, 2019, 03:25:21 PM »
That's some RBI Baseball pitching there.

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 44
  • Latest: Laplant
Stats
  • Total Posts: 7238
  • Total Topics: 613
  • Online Today: 22
  • Online Ever: 57
  • (October 08, 2018, 12:38:48 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0