Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 13, 2019, 02:49:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Luggnutz

January 26, 2019, 02:25:29 AM
 ;D

rollntider

November 07, 2017, 10:33:58 PM
 :D

Author Topic: New laptop (Surface 2)  (Read 344 times)

Offline TheNorm

• Administrator
  • All Conference Team
  • I Stand With Immigrants
    • View Profile
New laptop (Surface 2)
« on: September 14, 2019, 05:21:19 AM »
So I recently jumped back into the PC/Windows game after a long time affair with Mac (seriously, my 2008 iMac finally bit the dust in early December). Was messing around with an Acer Chromebook for a few months before finally pulling the trigger on a Windows Surface 2 laptop with touchscreen.

What are some apps and games you would recommend? I do have the Office suite. This isnít a serious gaming laptop so nothing super intensive, but something to help pass the time away. Sports sims? Older PC games? Other productivity apps/programs? Hit me.
Immigrants Built America

Offline BojackHorsefella

• Starter
    • View Profile
Re: New laptop (Surface 2)
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2019, 03:48:01 PM »
There's a lot of great strategy indie games that are gentle on the graphics card. On Steam alone, you have games like Faster Than Light, Into the Breach and Bad North. Check them out and see if you'd be into them.

Otherwise, there's also those crazy speed platformers, like Super Meat Boy, Celeste and Hollow Knight.

There's some great throwback platformers too. Bastion's a really neat game, and Braid has cool time control mechanics. Shovel Knight is the best NES game released in 2016 (or 15, maybe?)

Seriously, I love the pixel games that indies have released these days. I bet you could run Stardew Valley even, which is basically just Harvest Moon plus cave dungeons.

Offline TheNorm

• Administrator
  • All Conference Team
  • I Stand With Immigrants
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2019, 07:37:46 PM »
There's a lot of great strategy indie games that are gentle on the graphics card. On Steam alone, you have games like Faster Than Light, Into the Breach and Bad North. Check them out and see if you'd be into them.

Otherwise, there's also those crazy speed platformers, like Super Meat Boy, Celeste and Hollow Knight.

There's some great throwback platformers too. Bastion's a really neat game, and Braid has cool time control mechanics. Shovel Knight is the best NES game released in 2016 (or 15, maybe?)

Seriously, I love the pixel games that indies have released these days. I bet you could run Stardew Valley even, which is basically just Harvest Moon plus cave dungeons.

Thanks man! Faster Than Light is one I've been wanting to check out for awhile...also looking to maybe check out Easton Hockey Manager again, or another sports sim like OOTP.

Any productivity stuff you'd recommend?
Immigrants Built America

Offline Crewe

• Global Moderator
  • All Conference Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2019, 11:47:04 PM »
Curious, is surface 2 a laptop or tablet?

Offline BojackHorsefella

• Starter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2019, 12:37:46 AM »
Any productivity stuff you'd recommend?

Hahahaha,productivity. I wish I was productive.

Offline rollntider

• Administrator
  • All Conference Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2019, 01:05:51 AM »
On  :steam: :

RTS - I would recommend Age of empires 2 HD edition... still fun after all these years.
ARPG- Titan Quest (get the compilation) They have 2 new expansions for it now lol
Steam also has the southpark stick of truth and the fractured games on sale from time to time real cheap.

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 7738
  • Total Topics: 624
  • Online Today: 25
  • Online Ever: 571
  • (December 06, 2019, 04:01:18 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 18
Total: 18