Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 13, 2019, 07:05:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Luggnutz

January 26, 2019, 02:25:29 AM
 ;D

rollntider

November 07, 2017, 10:33:58 PM
 :D

Author Topic: Podcast Thread  (Read 76 times)

Offline TheNorm

• Administrator
  • All Conference Team
  • I Stand With Immigrants
    • View Profile
Podcast Thread
« on: September 29, 2019, 07:38:40 PM »
Started listening to a podcast called Business Wars simply because they're currently working on the WWF v. WCW stuff...pretty damn good so far.

Anyone else got podcasts they listen to? I typically don't but I've checked out You Can't Guard Me and Pod Save America.
Immigrants Built America

Offline Crewe

• Global Moderator
  • All Conference Team
    • View Profile
Re: Podcast Thread
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2019, 01:57:20 PM »
I haven't listened to a podcast, ever. Only a couple of weeks ago did I finally try an audio book. Its just not for me really.

Offline BojackHorsefella

• Starter
    • View Profile
Re: Podcast Thread
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2019, 03:56:42 PM »
Kinda like Crewe, although I've been trying to find some I like. Fiancee listens to My Favorite Murder and "And Thats Why We Drink." MFM is good if you're into the true crime, murder type things, but it was better earlier on. The later episodes, as they get more famous, become extremely less focused and it's annoying. Thankfully ATWWD doesn't have that issue, and their gimmick is they do one true crime story and one supernatural story. Saw them live here in Seattle because she wanted to go, was a good time.

I was listening to QAnon Anonymous for a bit when I was busy watching those guys spin up, but since 8chan was taken down and thus no more Q, they seem to be less of a growing threat than they were and I fell out of interest. Still, if you're into, basically, at the end of the day, cults, it may be a fun listen to see how one starts and grows and captures people.

Now, I mostly listen to You Must Remember This, a podcast about old Hollywood. I was in the middle of it before taking a detour with QAA, it appears they've actually removed it from Google Play, which is odd, but left the 12 episode special on Charles Manson, which I just finished today and was incredible (it was this special they did on Manson that first got the podcast on my radar).

Otherwise, I have some I'm subscribed to but have only listened to once or twice. Write Along with David Chen and C Robert Cargill seems like one I'll definitely be listening to more as time goes on, but that's obviously a pretty specific topic.

99% Invisible is kind of cool, it seems like it started as a quick, almost PBS type thing as the earliest episodes are about 7 minutes long (and literally about a minute of that is an ad at the start), but it covers how little things came to be made, like revolving doors or mailbox flags.

The Next Picture Show is the writers from the defunct film site The Dissolve (one of the greatest film sites to ever exist, I miss it every day), discussing movies. They'll take a new release (say like, "Ready or Not") and compare it to a similar film (like "Clue"). If you're super into movies like I am, I can't see why it would disappoint.

And lastly is the History of English podcast. I've only listened to the first episode so far, but evolution of language is something I want to dabble in more, so I will be continuing (it was a pretty neat listen, but I find niche subjects interesting often).

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 7540
  • Total Topics: 623
  • Online Today: 20
  • Online Ever: 57
  • (October 08, 2018, 12:38:48 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 12
Total: 12