Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 08, 2020, 07:46:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Luggnutz

January 26, 2019, 02:25:29 AM
 ;D

rollntider

November 07, 2017, 10:33:58 PM
 :D

Author Topic: NBA 2K20 MyCareer Thread  (Read 238 times)

Offline TheNorm

• Administrator
  • All Conference Team
  • I Stand With Immigrants
    • View Profile
NBA 2K20 MyCareer Thread
« on: December 25, 2019, 09:28:53 AM »
Currently cruising right along with my Playmaking Shot Creator PG in NBA 2K20, rookie season with my hometown Detroit Pistons (finally!). With a true PG and not a crappy one like the real-life Pistons have in Reggie Jackson, the franchise currently sits at 2nd in the Eastern Conference with a 38-17 record with only one game remaining before the All-Star Break.

Also a first for any of my created MyCareer players, my rookie was named to the Rising Stars Game and is also competing in the Three Point Shootout on All-Star weekend (shooting 42% from 3 will do that). Can't wait to check these out.
Immigrants Built America

Offline TheNorm

• Administrator
  • All Conference Team
    • View Profile
Re: NBA 2K20 MyCareer Thread
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2019, 09:44:36 AM »
Finished with 13 point and 10 assists to help the lead the US squad to a 102-79 victory over the World Squad in the Rising Stars Game. In the 3-point shootout competition, made it to the final round but finished tied for 2nd as Steph Curry (surprise surprise) hit his last two shots to take the victory.
 >:(
Immigrants Built America

Offline TheNorm

• Administrator
  • All Conference Team
    • View Profile
Re: NBA 2K20 MyCareer Thread
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2020, 10:17:20 PM »
Pistons cruised through the second half of the season, but no matter how many wins they collected it seemed Philly was right there with them. The 76ers ended the season as the #1 seed in the East at 61-21, while Detroit finished at #2 with a 59-23 record.

Side note: teams that are overpowered this year are Milwaukee with Giannis (dude's a beast), and the Lakers with Lebron and AD (they blew me out by 40 at Staples, then I needed OT to win by 2 at LCA).

Swept the Celtics in Round 1, and just dreading a 7 game series with the Bucks in round 2...when the Nets without KD upset Milwaukee. While Brooklyn is no pushover with Uncle Drew and Caris Levert, they're still no match for the Pistons (in this world Blake Griffin and Derrick Rose are relatively healthy) who sweep their way into the Eastern Conference Finals to play the top seeded 76ers.

Meanwhile in the West, the top-seeded Lakers seemed poised to annihilate everyone they faced as they swept their first round match and were up 2-0 on Golden State until Anthony Davis suffered an injury and got knocked out for the rest of the playoffs. The Warriors found their form and knocked off the Lakers in six, making this playoffs a wide-open affair.

Up to this point, yours truly was averaging a double-double with 20 points and 12 assists. The 76ers took game 1 at home in a 91-76 beatdown, but the Pistons adjusted their defensive strategy (just sag off of Ben Simmons since he can't shoot) and proceeded to win the next three. The 76ers woke up in Game 5 to send the series back to Detroit for Game 6. The Pistons started off red-hot, scoring 16 of the game's first 18 points and it looked like they would cruise to a blowout victory. Detroit even led by 15 early in the second half, but Philly just wouldn't go away. But clinging to a 1 point lead with a minute left, the rookie PG was able to blow past Ben Simmons, drive the lane, then find a wide open Blake Griffin for the jam. Pistons hold on to win 91-86 and advance to the NBA Finals to face...Kawhi Leonard and the LA Clippers.
Immigrants Built America

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 8394
  • Total Topics: 639
  • Online Today: 35
  • Online Ever: 900
  • (January 21, 2020, 03:13:19 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 20