Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 10, 2020, 11:30:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

Luggnutz

January 26, 2019, 02:25:29 AM
 ;D

rollntider

November 07, 2017, 10:33:58 PM
 :D

Author Topic: Play Ball (maybe): the 2020 Season Thread  (Read 290 times)

Offline TheNorm

• Administrator
  • All Conference Team
  • Immigrants Built America
    • View Profile
Play Ball (maybe): the 2020 Season Thread
« on: June 24, 2020, 08:15:25 PM »
https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/29354014/sources-mlbpa-agrees-report-july-1-discussing-health-safety-protocols

So uh...am I the only that thinks trying to start sports back up is an unbelievably stupid idea in a country that has somehow made wearing a mask in public a political issue? Just curious.
“But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity.” - Martin Luther King, Jr

Offline BojackHorsefella

• Starter
    • View Profile
Re: Play Ball (maybe): the 2020 Season Thread
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2020, 10:50:38 PM »
Very excited to not step foot in Safeco this season.

Offline Crewe

• Global Moderator
  • All Conference Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2020, 09:54:54 AM »
This is just crap and I hate it. But MLB has a history of shortened seasons with no-one really denouncing those WS winners.
But in the face of the second wave of a pandemic?  :o

Offline TheNorm

• Administrator
  • All Conference Team
  • Immigrants Built America
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2020, 03:11:17 PM »
Somehow, baseball is on. After watching a few innings of the Tigers last night, I'm already wanting it to go away again.

Spin is key, though: If you'd have told me at the beginning of the year that the Tigers would be a game out of first in late July, I'd have laughed in your face so there's that.

Was also nice seeing a good majority of the teams allowing their players to kneel. Detroit Tigers even all wore "Black Lives Matter" t-shirts in pregame warmups, which was really nice when the team posted it on social media. Love seeing all the racists come out and swear off the team and sport. Really hoping that takes off in other leagues too, pretty soon the closed minded clowns won't have anything to watch. I'm perfectly okay with that.
“But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity.” - Martin Luther King, Jr

Offline Crewe

• Global Moderator
  • All Conference Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2020, 07:31:05 PM »
I think every team is wearing the BLM shirts during practice.

I didnt think baseball would or should go forward this season, but it is nice to see a game though.

Offline Crewe

• Global Moderator
  • All Conference Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2020, 04:20:26 PM »
First game cancelled, many more to follow along with the season Im betting.
MLB is sternly saying season will continue.

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 8863
  • Total Topics: 658
  • Online Today: 40
  • Online Ever: 900
  • (January 21, 2020, 03:13:19 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 18
Total: 18