News:

UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

2021 Pro Football Thread

Started by TheNorm, August 08, 2021, 11:31:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheNorm

I do love this time of year - marked safe from "We Dem boyz" for another season. Running a QB sneak with no timeouts from the 40 HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

https://twitter.com/AnnieAgar/status/1482881425577811969

https://twitter.com/NFL_Memes/status/1482881214780526597

https://twitter.com/NFL_Memes/status/1482879779619676163

"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

Crewe

lol You know, with as much talent as they have, there's no reason they shouldnt at least contend for the Conference title.
I never liked MM, even at GB. His clock mgmt has always been questionable, at best.
Kellen Moore is quite simply, Jason Garrett 2.0. All the boy genius bs they say about him is the same exact shit they tagged JG with when he was hired as OC.
It's just sad.
I knew they would lose. I was telling a few friends, even games they won, look at the throws Dak misses. Look at the penalties. That olin is not as strong as they think.
It reminds me specifically of the year Schaub and the Texans were 12-4 and got booted. Same thing. Oline. Schaub missing easy throws but hey when you win, nobody notices, especially if you win by 20.

As for the last play, here's my thing.
You could either have 2-3 plays from the 40 or 1, maybe 2 plays from the 35, maaaaaaybe the 30.
So I dont really have a problem with the call per se; I have a problem with the team not knowing how to execute said play.
And even worse, blaming the refs? MM and DK both? DK even doubled down. Man, I cant believe Im saying this, but it seems like Jerry Jones is the reasonable one right now.

TheNorm

That...might've been one of the greatest weekends of football I've ever seen.

- Titans shred the Bengals OLine and sack Joe Burrow 9 times, but then Ryan Tannehill remembers he's Ryan Tannehill and the Bengals end the Titans season with a walk-off FG

- QAaron Rodgers goes through with his promise to boycott the Super Bowl, as the Packers get knocked off by the 49ers on a walk-off FG (there, go do your own research on that L Throw Rogan)

-Matthew Stafford continues to silence all the idiotic haters that said he couldn't win the big games by simply leading the Rams into Tampa and knocking off the defending champs...with a walkoff FG to end it. All this despite Stafford's teammates fumbling the ball 4 f'ing times.

-Patrick Mahomes and Josh Allen put on a show for the ages as the Chiefs make it to their 4th consecutive AFC Championship game, needing OT and a fortunate coin toss to seal the deal. Incredible game, but can we please finally change these OT rules? So goddamned stupid. It's not even about the Bills losing, I have no dog in the fight on this one. But a coin toss shouldn't play a huge role in deciding the outcome of the game (save the defense should've made the stop bullshit for someone else, anyone watching knew the way that was going the team that won the coin toss was walking away with the W). Each offense should get a shot with the ball.
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

Crewe

That was a great weekend!

Even better that I really dont hate any team left although I dont think the 49ers are good enough to deserve a Super Bowl trip, but then, Dilfer has one so....

TheNorm

Joe Burrow is a MF'n baller. Pulled off an improbable upset at Arrowhead along with some stellar play by the defense. Had a feeling that failed scoring drive at the end of the half might cause problems for the Chiefs...but I get the decision, they were moving the ball at will the entire first half. An improbable run for the Bengals gets them a ticket to Los Angeles...

...where for the second year in a row after it not happening ever the home team gets to host the Super Bowl. Matthew Stafford and the Rams survive a thriller against Jimmy Galapagos and the 49ers. The Stafford critics, once again, can suck it.

Looking forward to this game that takes place in two halves, acting as an appetizer and a dessert for the main course: the Legends of Hip-Hop and R&B halftime show.  8)

Crewe

This should be a good one. Opening line Rams -4 O/U 49.
I might take Cincy in that deal but Im most certainly thinking its going to be under 49

Crewe

Quote from: Crewe on January 31, 2022, 08:39:07 PM
I might take Cincy in that deal but Im most certainly thinking its going to be under 49

Well, I stuck with it, although I got rather bold since I didnt have a lot of juice, so I bet Cincy straight up. But, I did say blue gatorade and under.

I was actually pulling for Joe as the game went on, but I am really happy for Stafford. I just wish his wife wasnt such a twat. Great game to watch, except I do have to comment; the refs just couldnt stand it. they just HAD to interject themselves in to the outcome. Egregious penalties....didnt see em. No penalty, or at the very least, the tickiest tackiest calls ever...sure, I saw it, twice, inside the 10, crucial 3rd down, game on the line, yesiree, you betcha, penalty.
Fuckin refs.
Any event, Joe still had a chance and thats what you want. Great game to watch. I hope we get a few years of Mahomes and Burrows in the SB. Wonder if Stafford is coming back now?

On a commercial note; I was so very deeply saddened by the lack of creativity in the ads. It was all just head shakingly mind numbingly thoughtless and stupid.
That is, until the Silverado Sopranos ad ran. That was fucking money right there, no question, stop your internal dialogue, thats your winner.
Ad directed by David Chase too btw, so my head says that's Sopranos canon  :D

TheNorm

Quote from: Crewe on January 31, 2022, 08:39:07 PM

Took Cincy on that one as well as the under, and hit on that one.

Barely missed on a 3 though, where I took the Rams straight up, Stafford over 281.5 yds passing (283), and Burrow over 277.5 yds passing (263)...so damn close. Ah well, horse shoes and hand grenades...

Can't complain too much though since the 2-pick parlay I did hit more than covered.

Fun game and a fun playoffs - glad Matthew Stafford finally got his, all it took was getting out from under the albatross that was the Ford family. Aaron Donald is a bad man. Joe Burrow will be back.

And I'm probably the only one here that cares but that halftime show may have been the best one I've ever seen, even topping the Prince one for me. Straight fire from start to finish.

Crewe

glad you hit.

Doesnt it make you wish Sanders would have left too? Sad.

Yea, I zipped right past everything halftime. I heard Eminem knelt though, dont like his music, but I like that. Fuck the NFL and their bullshit