News:

UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

The 2022 Season

Started by rollntider, December 06, 2022, 04:04:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rollntider

Well I will be pulling for Michigan. Dont want an SEC team beside Bama to have it :D

For the record I dont think TCU deserved a shot at the playoffs at #3, or probably at all. Did Bama deserve a shot? No, neither did clemson, or Tennessee (63 points to south carolina) but there was not a good team. I would have put Utah in there but this will be moot when the playoffs expand and the regular season will be for naught.

Those dudes at Auburn who tout virtue class God and country hired that scumbag hugh freeze, good he is a perfect fit for that scum bag program. I hope he sets them back decades. If you are not sure what I am talking about, google him and his high school exploits of making girls change shirts in front of him and he admitted to buying hookers (lots of them ) because he didnt want to admit buying them for recruits. Ole Miss could handle paying players but buying hookers was a bridge too far. ALso while at liberty DMing and arguing with a sex assault victim. Trash bag program.  I pull for for any school but tennessee  and they just moved ahead of the barn for hiring a predator.

ALso what about south carolina beating the hell out of orange teams. Go cocks!!! lol I dont care wither way about South carolina but thought they had the best turn around of any program.

rollntider

Mike Leach passes away after a heart attack. God Speed pirate, sad day for Miss State fans and college football fans.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/35242848/mississippi-state-coach-mike-leach-dies-hospitalization

TheNorm

Quote from: rollntider on December 06, 2022, 04:04:42 PM
Well I will be pulling for Michigan. Dont want an SEC team beside Bama to have it :D

For the record I dont think TCU deserved a shot at the playoffs at #3, or probably at all. Did Bama deserve a shot? No, neither did clemson, or Tennessee (63 points to south carolina) but there was not a good team. I would have put Utah in there but this will be moot when the playoffs expand and the regular season will be for naught.

I'm gonna disagree with this one - TCU shouldn't be punished for having to play an extra game, and rightfully so they weren't. Losing in OT on a FG to a team they'd already beaten once this year made the committee's job easy. USC deservedly so got booted out, it was their second loss and a blowout at that. Sure it meant Ohio State backed in but whatever...in this format a 1-loss team backing in (even if in their final regular season game they got blown out by 23 points at home against their biggest rival...lol) is better than a 2-loss team jumping in. On the surface that's a tough break for Georgia as they get a matchup against the one team that can come close to matching them 5-star for 5-star. Won't matter though since Georgia will most likely do the same thing that Michigan did...and with 3+ weeks to prepare the Bulldogs should skate to the final again.

Georgia and Michigan were the two best teams in college football this season...and Georgia is head and shoulders above everyone else. If Michigan can handle business against TCU (not a foregone conclusion, up until that Big 12 Championship game they were looking like a team of destiny)...personally I want another crack at Georgia. If you wanna be The Man, you gotta beat The Man.

But also wouldn't mind the Wolverines against the Buckeyes in the biggest rivalry game ever. I like our chances.
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

TheNorm

Quote from: rollntider on December 13, 2022, 11:35:15 AM
Mike Leach passes away after a heart attack. God Speed pirate, sad day for Miss State fans and college football fans.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/35242848/mississippi-state-coach-mike-leach-dies-hospitalization

This is such a bummer. One of the most open coaches in college football, as well as one of its most innovative. Dude was always good for a story or quote too. Rest in peace, pirate.
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

rollntider

Quote from: TheNorm on December 14, 2022, 11:06:56 AM
Quote from: rollntider on December 06, 2022, 04:04:42 PM

I'm gonna disagree with this one - TCU shouldn't be punished for having to play an extra game, and rightfully so they weren't. Losing in OT on a FG to a team they'd already beaten once this year made the committee's job easy. USC deservedly so got booted out, it was their second loss and a blowout at that. Sure it meant Ohio State backed in but whatever...in this format a 1-loss team backing in (even if in their final regular season game they got blown out by 23 points at home against their biggest rival...lol) is better than a 2-loss team jumping in. On the surface that's a tough break for Georgia as they get a matchup against the one team that can come close to matching them 5-star for 5-star. Won't matter though since Georgia will most likely do the same thing that Michigan did...and with 3+ weeks to prepare the Bulldogs should skate to the final again.

Georgia and Michigan were the two best teams in college football this season...and Georgia is head and shoulders above everyone else. If Michigan can handle business against TCU (not a foregone conclusion, up until that Big 12 Championship game they were looking like a team of destiny)...personally I want another crack at Georgia. If you wanna be The Man, you gotta beat The Man.

But also wouldn't mind the Wolverines against the Buckeyes in the biggest rivalry game ever. I like our chances.

I will disagree, big difference to playing a team at home vs on the  road / neutral site. TCU is the unworthy team in this. OSU UM and UGA were deserving.  Fact is they lost and did not drop, not a conference champion and only played 2 ranked teams and lost to one of them struggled against a 6-6 baylor (should have lost)  Late game heroics to win baylor and force OT vs K State 

the simple fact is there was not a 4th good team, and OSU in is really not a case for a 3rd good team. this year the BCS would have had it correct.

Of course if the TCU beats OSU in the title game I like texas pete hot sauce with my crow. :D

rollntider

oh and congrats to UM for making it in there. I am pulling for the field vs. UGA.

TCU, UM or OSU .... if someone can get pressure on bennett he isnt a good passer, but he has a good OL so that will be tough.

rollntider

Just read you Michigan guys are getting the worst ref crew from the sec. They favor the underdogs and will call some shenanigans. Good luck.