News:

UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

The Dragon Hunted [Original Version]

Started by cflnut, May 11, 2014, 02:42:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cflnut

I decided to wake up before sunrise hoping to catch something for breakfast rather early, preferably before any farmers had gotten out into their fields. I just love having a few dozen bovines first thing in the morning. However, it is a bit risky these days, and that is all I need is for some foolish knight to attack me while I am chomping down on some cattle. I would be defenceless. I will not worry about that I will stay save and just get a few moose or a herd of deer.

I got out of bed and yawned. The sound echoing through my home. I looked down at my bed; it was getting rather shabby. Soon I would be sleeping on the floor. I decided sometime today I was going to steal more hay, or straw, or if I can find some maybe a herd of sheep to make a new bed out of.

I walked out of my home and stretched my back cracking with relive. I looked back at my cave and decided right then and there that I was getting a new one, a bigger one today. I had out groan this cave and I did not want to end up with back problems. I mean imagine that me a dragon with back problems. What would I do? How could I be fierce and intimidating if I am hunched over and moaning in pain every time I try to walk? I need a new cave. Nevertheless, that would have to wait, for now I had things that are more important on my mind. Like breakfast.

Walking through the forest that surrounded my cave looking for something to eat, but nothing. I stopped at a clearing and looked around. My stomach rumbled. However, no deer, no moose, no buffalo, not even a measly rabbit was to be found. Damn, looks like I got to go hunting for my breakfast, then go and find a new cave for myself. Maybe a nice by level cave like one of my sisters had. Nay, I am single and do not need something that big. After all my sister had fifty kids and needed the room.

Anyway, back to breakfast. More importantly what to have? I have been looking for about two hours and have not seen any wild life. Lots of birds though. I have not had cows in a couple of days, I thought to myself. I would have like to have some pigs and maybe some chickens. Nay I had about a thousand chickens last night. I do not want any birds today. Hmm. Beef! Yah that is it I need bovines! Yummy, yummy, yummy, I will have beef in my tummy.

With that decided, I yawned, roaring a little, and scaring some birds. I watched as they flew away. I never under stood the process of flying, and I am a dragon I can fly myself. So with that thought I spread my wings and started flapping. Dust built up all around and before I knew it, I was flying. A tremendous feeling comes over me every time I fly. A feeling so indescribable that I wish that it could last forever. Flying was the only way that I truly felt free. Free as a bird, or free as a dragon in my case. I flew over the forest till I came to a pasture were I noticed a herd of cattle. I swooped down and started to consume the heard.

I had engulfed half of the herd when I realised I was forgetting something, but for the life of me I could not think of what it could have been. I guess I was blinded by hunger, or I was just so happy to be making a pig of myself. That is when it hit me. An arrow, right in the ribs. Man did that hurt. I realized what I had forgotten. To look around for humans, talk about feeling stupid. I looked to my left and saw a group of five knights on horses and one had a bow. I decided to spit fire at them but I still had three quarters of a cow in my mouth, so I spit that at them. The half-eaten cow hit the knight as he was preparing to fire off another shot. He went flying off his mount, shooting the arrow into the back of its head.

I kept myself from laughing at the Bowman, as he lay there covered in cow guts. Man, it was a funny sight. So, instead I turned to face the charging knights, letting out a roar that stopped them dead in their tracks. This made me feel rather sure of myself so I snorted at them, letting out little puffs of smoke out of my nose. I was letting the knights know I mean business. I was getting cocky and they knew it. I roared at them again, trying to enforce my authority. This proved to be futile, because the four remaining knights pulled out crossbows.

I am in shit. I had to think fast. I let out a tremendous burp, which scared the hell out of the horses, as well as shocked the knights. They were not expecting me to belch at them. This gave me enough time to take flight, and hopefully get away.

As I was flying away, my ribs were aching from where the arrow was still stuck in my side. I decided to land and remove the arrow. I yelled when I ripped it out of my side. Boy did that hurt. I had forgotten exactly how much it hurt to be shot, not having been shot in thirty years. My ribs were killing me so much that I decided to walk the rest of the way home. I was going to look for a new cave today but my encounter with the knights changed my mind. So, I decided to go and look later, mainly after my ribs were healed. I think that the arrow may have broken one.

It took me the better part of the day to walk home. It must have been early evening when I got to the forest. I was almost asleep walking when I heard human voices. They were coming from inside my cave! I looked up to see five humans, the same five humans that had attacked me earlier! I was shocked to see them at my home. What shocked me even more was that fact that the knights had taken everything of mine out of my cave and spread it out all over the ground.

They had taken my collection of gowns that I had gotten from captured maidens, my collection of weapons and armour from knights I had defeated, the bones from all the knights and prince's I had killed, as well as my old straw and hay bed. I watch in silence from my hiding spot, as the five knights ravaged through my stuff. Stuff that had taken me hundreds of years to collect. After they were finished and had taken what they wanted, one of the knights set fire to the pile.

This was a bad thing to do, on their part. I mean you can hunt dragons, shoot arrows or crossbow bolts at us, capture us; you can also beat on us, as well as kill a dragon. But you never, ever, above all else enter a dragons cave, ravage through his collections and set fire to them. Because no matter how uncomfortable it may be, it is a place where a dragon can get away from the trappings of the human race and have a little bit of sanctuary. That is what these humans were doing to me. They were destroying my sanctuary! My cave. It may not have been a dream cave but it was a place I could call home.

Seeing this violation of my sanctuary pissed me off, as it would any other dragon and probably any human as well. I roared loudly and charged out of my hiding spot, spitting little bursts of fire at the five bastard knights. This proved to be a bad move on my part. There were more knights waiting in the bushes. About forty jumped me from everywhere, hacking and slashing all over, I had to think fast.

There was not enough room right here to fly, but I did it anyway. I went crashing violently through the trees. Most of the men either fell or got knocked off by tree branches, but there was still three hanging on. One was on my tail, which I shook off, with very little effort. The second human actually hanging on to me, I was hanging on to him. So I dropped him in a river. The third one was a little more difficult to get rid of. He was hanging on to my back. I tried diving and flying through a forest, but he stayed on. I flew back up through the trees again, but he was still there. I tried barrel rolls, but the bastard was still there. Man he was starting to piss me off. I tried everything short of killing myself to get this prick off my back. I even tried flying upside down and scraping my back along the ground, but the bastard stayed on. He was really pissing me off. I was mad enough to the point that I actually thought of killing myself, just to get rid of this prick. I was flying as fast as I could. So fast in fact that it took all the strength that the knight had to hang on. Also, I think that the knight lost his sword when we went crashing through the trees, so he could not stab me in the back. We were flying fast enough that we came to the mountains in no time. I saw a small cave that might be hopeful in getting this person off my back. I flew into the cave rather high and fast scrapping my head and back on the cave ceiling and knocking the knight off my back. I looked over my shoulder at the knight. I saw him lying on his back; it looked like he was dead. Good thing, for he really pissed me off. I turned my head to see where I was going. All I saw was the back of the cave then stars as my head slammed into the rock wall. I slid down the wall to the ground. I lay there for a few moments, stunned. I thought that I might have had a concussion. I at least had on hell of a headache.

I then felt a sharp pain in my tail. I turned my head to look and saw the knight stabbing my tail with a dagger. I slashed my tail back and forth against the cave wall until I hit the prick. I saw him fly out of the cave and hit a large rock. He still had his dagger. I figured that I better get out of here before the knight got up and tried to kill me.

The cave was narrow enough that I could not turn around. It took me a while to back out of the cave. When I got out of the cave, I turned around and saw the knight standing there ready for me. I was ready for him to. We stared at each other for a long while. I recognised him; he was the one that I had spit the cow at earlier today. He was probably still mad at me for that, and I was pissed off at him for not dyeing yet. The knight charged at me with his dagger in hand. Like he would be able to kill me with that. I spit a ball of fire at him burning the knight to a crisp. I stayed there watching him burn and wondering why humans want to kill everything.

I thought about that while I ate the knight, and came to the conclusion that it is the only way humans know how to have fun. After all, I have seen a lot of human festivals and all the time something or someone ends up being killed. What a boring race of creatures if all they can do is invent new ways to kill. Especially if most of those ways are to kill each other.

The knight was not a very big meal; hell, he was not even a snack. So I went out and scrounged up a little more. After I had eaten a small meal that consisted of thirty rabbits, five moose, four deer, four coyotes, and one sparrow (because the damn bird would not shut up). I returned to the cave were the charred remains of the knights armour were.
I decided to stay the night. After all, I was still being hunted and wanted to get a little sleep before morning. I backed myself into the cave and laid my aching body down. This cave was smaller than my own and rather uncomfortable. As I fell asleep, I longed for my old bed. Not the one that had gotten burned by the knights earlier today, but the one I shared with my hatchling brothers and sisters. But what I longed for most was the comforting embrace of my mother and father, who loved me and taught me everything a young dragon needed to know to survive in the world of humans. So far, that knowledge was beginning to prove pointless.

I was bleeding from every cut and scrape I had gotten today. I could not let that bother me right now. I needed to get some sleep. I had a feeling that the rest of those knights were on their way here.

The sun was barely starting to rise when I heard the sound of human voices. I woke up, ready to kill, I had to. The soldiers were everywhere I was out numbered. Big time, but I decided to give it my best shot at survival. I charged at them. I would have just spit fire at them, but I had dry mouth so I could not. I just ran out at them, roaring, slashing, stomping and thrashing my tail all around. I was not hitting any of the soldiers; all I was trying to do was scare them. This was proving to be useless. So I attacked the human army, slashing them with my claws, stomping them into the ground, and snapping at the soldiers with razor sharp teeth, but this was beginning to be another useless idea. The soldiers outnumbered me four hundred to one. So, I took flight.

I had killed about a hundred or so of the bastards before I decided to take flight. That is when nature called, and when you got to go, you got to go! So, I **** on them. The steaming crap landed mostly on the dead, adding insult to injury, but the rest of the steaming, smelly, brown-green, half-liquid substance landed on the rangers trying to shoot me down with their bows. I could not help myself but laugh. It must have been the funniest sight I had ever seen in my life. This proved to be the biggest mistake in my entire life. As I was laughing at what I had done to the soldiers, that's when it hit me, a sharp pain ripping through my chest, breaking ribs and stopping just short of my spine.
I roared in pain as I slammed to the ground on my belly forcing the spear through my body, breaking my spine in half. When the dust had cleared, from my crash landing, I turned my head to see that the spear had gone completely through my body and was sticking out the middle of my back. I could not feel my hind legs, my tail, and actually my entire lower body. But I was not going to give up, not yet anyway.

The soldiers launched a barrage of arrows and crossbow bolts. They hit me everywhere, in the chest, the ribs, the legs, and in the throat. The pain was horrifying. I could never have imagined in my whole life that I would ever have endured such pain. The last arrows I saw were the ones that sliced through my eyes.

The next thing I remembered was looking down at my body surrounded by the remaining soldiers. I could not understand what had happened to me.
What do I do now?

There was nothing I could do to the humans. Was I dead? I started to get mad! I could not fight the humans, or breathe fire at them; they could not hear me roar. Hell I could not even piss on them. All I wanted to do was go out and find a new cave to live in, and what happened? Some bastard knights end up killing me. What a way to piss a dragon off.

I decided to fly off my frustration. That is when I realized it. I was dead. My dream of flying without restrictions, with no one trying to kill me, and without getting tired could come true. I could do what I wanted, when I wanted, and how I wanted. But for now, all I wanted to do was fly until I got board of it. If I ever got board of it that is the feeling I had knowing that I could fly forever was indescribable. The only way to describe it was that I was free.
I was free forever!
The end!
If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense.
Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't.
And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would.

cflnut

I am currently in the process of rewriting this one as I've always felt the there was something missing from it.
If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense.
Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't.
And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would.