TheNorm

Florida RB: "I can't wait until we beat the brakes off of Michigan"
Coach McElwain: "In a couple of weeks we're going to beat Michigan"

https://twitter.com/sbell021/status/904131236624560130
https://twitter.com/BradGalli/status/904126769208406016
https://twitter.com/MaizeBlueNation/status/904120021949046784
https://twitter.com/MaizeBlueNation/status/904120310072578048

8)

This game is an absolute blowout without the two pick-6s in the second quarter. I'm cautiously optimistic about what I witnessed today, but this defense is solid once again and may even be better than last year...but yes, it's only one game. Anyway, Go Blue!
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

VikesRule

Florida looked really bad on offense; gonna be a long season for them.

Alabama took care of Florida State yesterday as well. The Tide could be on their way towards another playoff spot.
Top Sports Talk is back!
http://www.topsportstalk.com/forum

Crewe

Let me just say I'm glad the Cougar game was postponed because there was a contagious bug going around Texas this weekend

TheNorm

"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

TheNorm

Quote from: VikesRule on September 03, 2017, 05:36:09 PM
Florida looked really bad on offense; gonna be a long season for them.

Alabama took care of Florida State yesterday as well. The Tide could be on their way towards another playoff spot.

Florida was missing their top RB and WR, but the way that defense was going I don't think it makes any difference. Front 7 for Michigan applied constant pressure, giving very little time to Franks (and later Zaire) to do anything.

The Bama/FSU game was close until the Noles committed some terrible gaffes. Tide made them pay for it, like great teams typically do. FSU's in trouble now with their starting QB gone for the season.

rollntider

Congrats beating Florida. But their Offense has been pathetic and gotten worse each year under McElwain. I don't get it either, because when he was at Bama as OC, we had a dominant Offense. (08, 09 and 11).
(Now for some smack talk)
So you guys allowed 11 yards ?  We held them to 0 rushing when we played last :)  (J/K) Still impressive to hold anyone to under 20 yards in D1 football.

As for Bama we lost 2 Linebackers for the season due to Injury, we did have some young guys step up. That might hurt us later in the year.

Crewe

Quote from: TheNorm on September 04, 2017, 10:48:37 AM
A&M did what???

https://theathletic.com/93786/2017/09/04/texas-am-has-a-night-to-forget-but-one-it-never-will/

Buzbee is an attorney here in town that I've worked for prior, nice fella though obviously frustrated.
Ags can just win out to save face, right? 😬

rollntider

The media is really promoting that Bama got a no call on a PI.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMoupQzKX1s&feature=youtu.be&t=1h14m17s

Watch #2 on Bama , the WR Pushes off just before the PI. Even real time you could not tell it was PI.

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2017/9/2/16247930/alabama-fsu-pass-interference

I am sorry best case scenario for them is that its offsetting penalties. Also does not mean they score. Only reason he was open was because he pushed off.

rollntider

Barn loses. Bama wins, its a good day. Just needed tennessee to lose to complete the trifecta.

But OSU loses, so thats a thing.

TheNorm

OSU loses, and Baker Mayfield plants the OU flag at midfield to boot. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Notre Dame lost too.
Didn't see much/any of the Michigan game, so all I have to go off of is Twitter reaction...how I know Michigan Football is back? Team went 5-7 three years ago, beat Florida last week and beat Cincinnati by 22 this week. Response? "OMG Speight sux bench him now and put in O'Korn/Peters/Denard dur dur dur".

Ah, I haven't missed that faction of the fanbase.

But hey: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA fuck the buckeyes  8)

rollntider

I forgot about Notre Dame... screw them Ha ha hahahahahahaha.

rollntider

Anyone got any upsets they are predicting? I am going on a longshot and calling Mississippi State over LSU.

TheNorm

Quote from: rollntider on September 15, 2017, 10:25:33 AM
Anyone got any upsets they are predicting? I am going on a longshot and calling Mississippi State over LSU.

Nah, not many for me but that Clemson/Louisville game might be close...not sure I'd really consider it an upset though since the Cards took them to the wire last year. Lamar Jackson will be fun to watch though.

TheNorm

rollntider

Quote from: TheNorm on September 16, 2017, 09:23:30 AM
https://twitter.com/darrenrovell/status/908420743318269952

More people watched Michigan/Cinci than Auburn/Clemson lol
You know I hate those Barn bastards as much as the next fellow. but to be fair, OU/OSU and UGA/ND game was going on at the same time. 

But then if you think about Auburn claiming to be a blue blood they finished 3rd in the 3 games.  Plus the fact that Bama/South Carolina fans probably was half of the viewership, then it is sad. I watched pulling for Clemson.