News:

UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

The Life Thread

Started by BojackHorsefella, May 14, 2018, 07:04:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BojackHorsefella

I'm the worst example, haha. We're pescatarian, so we eat fish but no meat. We also buy cruelty free bathroom products.

Anyways, I'm an extremely picky eater. I dont eat fruit. I don't like nuts. I hate beans. It's not a great starting point.

But between just pasta and rice based veggie dishes, substitutes like Beyond, Impossible and Morningstar, I've managed to get by, with little deviations. Now, when I go to Taco Bell, I get my quesarito with potato instead of meat.

I had a coworker at Comcast who was full on vegan. The fiancee doesn't want to do that because we can't give up sushi and poke, haha. She doesn't much like the substitute cheeses and butters and such though. I've had some vegan cheese pizza and vegan cream cheese at places here, tastes just as good to me. Hell, the grocery store has those frozen pizzas with the cauliflower crust that taste and feel exactly the same to me. It's pretty awesome. 

Granted, living in Washington, it's easy to find options. When I was in Myrtle, this would be much harder to do.

Oh, and no tofu yet. I keep saying I'm going to try it, but it hasn't happened yet.

TheNorm

Quote from: Crewe on February 29, 2020, 08:40:01 PM
Leg one of said tour complete.
Looks like I picked the wrong week to stop eating poorly

https://imgur.com/3cqoTV3

You and I have differing opinions on eating "poorly" lol
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

Crewe

Quote from: BojackHorsefella on February 29, 2020, 09:51:36 PM
I'm the worst example, haha. We're pescatarian, so we eat fish but no meat. We also buy cruelty free bathroom products.

Anyways, I'm an extremely picky eater. I dont eat fruit. I don't like nuts. I hate beans. It's not a great starting point.

But between just pasta and rice based veggie dishes, substitutes like Beyond, Impossible and Morningstar, I've managed to get by, with little deviations. Now, when I go to Taco Bell, I get my quesarito with potato instead of meat.

I had a coworker at Comcast who was full on vegan. The fiancee doesn't want to do that because we can't give up sushi and poke, haha. She doesn't much like the substitute cheeses and butters and such though. I've had some vegan cheese pizza and vegan cream cheese at places here, tastes just as good to me. Hell, the grocery store has those frozen pizzas with the cauliflower crust that taste and feel exactly the same to me. It's pretty awesome. 

Granted, living in Washington, it's easy to find options. When I was in Myrtle, this would be much harder to do.

Oh, and no tofu yet. I keep saying I'm going to try it, but it hasn't happened yet.

You do have a small food window lol
me on the other hand...well, you see.
I just dont think I could go vegetarian or vegan or any variation of no meat, it's just not me.

Crewe

Quote from: TheNorm on March 01, 2020, 01:37:53 AM
Quote from: Crewe on February 29, 2020, 08:40:01 PM
Leg one of said tour complete.
Looks like I picked the wrong week to stop eating poorly

https://imgur.com/3cqoTV3

You and I have differing opinions on eating "poorly" lol

lol touche

BojackHorsefella

Let me tell you just how much faster my commute has gotten to and from home these past few days, here in sunny, cheerful, pleasant Washington state.

TheNorm

Quote from: BojackHorsefella on March 06, 2020, 02:35:06 AM
Let me tell you just how much faster my commute has gotten to and from home these past few days, here in sunny, cheerful, pleasant Washington state.

Lol sadly I have an idea why.
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

Crewe

Quote from: BojackHorsefella on March 06, 2020, 02:35:06 AM

d'oh!

Crewe

Made my appointment for the $6k treatment with the doc. Im really not happy about this at all, but everything Ive tried is not working. Some days I swear its going away but then it doesn't.
ive now developed tinnitus. I thought the popping was bad....man, Im really going mad now, and knowing that cant be cured. :(
Fuck.

BojackHorsefella

Quote from: Crewe on March 09, 2020, 02:58:10 PM
Made my appointment for the $6k treatment with the doc. Im really not happy about this at all, but everything Ive tried is not working. Some days I swear its going away but then it doesn't.
ive now developed tinnitus. I thought the popping was bad....man, Im really going mad now, and knowing that cant be cured. :(
Fuck.

Admittedly I'm very bad at this, but fwiw, been keeping you in my thoughts hoping things turn out right for you.

Crewe

I do appreciate it. I apparently have adopted this thread as my own bitching file lol

BojackHorsefella

Quote from: Crewe on March 10, 2020, 01:52:00 PM
I do appreciate it. I apparently have adopted this thread as my own bitching file lol

Eh, it's the Life Thread. Sometimes it's up. Sometimes it's down. Because, you know....life.

Crewe

Quote from: BojackHorsefella on March 10, 2020, 03:39:50 PM
Quote from: Crewe on March 10, 2020, 01:52:00 PM

Eh, it's the Life Thread. Sometimes it's up. Sometimes it's down. Because, you know....life.

10-4 
waiting for next event  :popcorn:

Crewe

I hope everyone is doing ok and not needing supplies because stores are barren. I cant believe people are panicking to this degree.

TheNorm

People tend to panic when there is a leadership void at the top. That's all I have to say about that for now.

As for being on the frontline of this thing? I knew what I signed up for when I went into nursing. Just gotta do my job diligently and hope everyone else does the same. I'm not particularly worried about me if I run into this (with how this has been handled up to now, it's quite probable)...it's the at risk people I run into, the little preemies we take care of, and yes, I'm worried about my parents too. One meme I saw was pretty relatable: being a nurse during this is kind of like being one of the musicians on the Titanic. Chaos all around and we're sinking, but we play on.

Whatever it takes...always forward. Look out for each other. Limit your social contacts for now, if you can. Stop hoarding toilet paper ya wankers. If you see some asshole confronting an Asian family because they somehow think they're at fault for this virus spreading, call 'em out (I've seen stories of this type of shit happening already, and the first one foolish enough to come at me with that mess is catching hands).

AND WASH YOUR FUCKING HANDS.

BojackHorsefella

Yeah, co-worker texted me the other day saying he was having symptoms. He has diabetes, but apparently they still told him he's too healthy to get a test.

I feel fine, but now I'm doing the playing it safe thing and staying in so I don't spread it to anyone who can't handle it. I'm 32, no pre-existing conditions and have health insurance. If I do have it and it gets bad, that just means I get to use my sick days, so I'm not too concerned for myself. Rather get it BEFORE my wedding and honeymoon in April anyway.